Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Film)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too love the Edmund character and the actor. Great job.
    I don't understand what you mean Blue Banrigh, about his arc not being in the books? His arc was definitely a major part in the book.
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
      I don't understand what you mean Blue Banrigh, about his arc not being in the books? His arc was definitely a major part in the book.
      I think what she means is that we are never given any reasons why he's such a ratbag in the book... he just IS... In the film
      Spoiler:
      we are told that it has a great deal to do with not having his father around and his resentment of Peter trying to lord it over them
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        I think what she means is that we are never given any reasons why he's such a ratbag in the book... he just IS... In the film
        Spoiler:
        we are told that it has a great deal to do with not having his father around and his resentment of Peter trying to lord it over them
        Of course, that makes great sense. And I do like how they did it in the movie. Also how the war would've affected Peter, being near an age to be a soldier himself.
        "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

It also just gives his character that much more sympathy... and makes his growth a lot more convincing.
          I am reminded of what he says to Eustace in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader,
          Spoiler:
          "You were an ass but I was a traitor"
          I don't think it was ever far from his mind.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
            I dunno, when I read the books the didn't seem as resentful of the others as he did in the movie.

Comment

Ah I saw the movie Tuesday and then again on Wed. haha! I really loved it!!! I read the books so long ago but it wa s just like I had (remember ) imagining it! Visually so pretty. All the colors and great CGI. My cousin and I spent Christmas eve watching the BBC version and he had already seen the movie and didn't much like the acting. IMO, I thought the acting was good. I thought that the younger two (lucy and Edmund) did better than the older kids who, still were more than watchable. (and peter was le gorgeous so who am I to complain otherwise? )

So anyways, thats my two-cents.

And RE: Ages of the kids. I read that Skandar (the kid that played edmund) grew 6 inches through out filming and had to get refitted for clothing every week.
              Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Yeah, they had to refit his armour about six times.

Comment

I have already writen my comments on the moive, so I will just link you:

My thoughts on Narnia

Comment

Page 3!!! That is unacceptable!

Here is a link to the new DVD covers: http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=753&dl=8045805

And here's a bit of good news:
                    director Andrew Adamson and the four children - Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley and Anna Popplewell - have signed on again for the sequel - "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian".
                    Link here: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060106a.php
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I saw this movie the day it came out. Wow, I was completely blown away. I had zero complaints about this movie, and I thought it was very true to the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                        My god that was the greatest battle sequence I've seen in a long time. The White Witch kicks arsh. The Minotaur leader was awesome, and the centaur guy with two swords was great. But the fight between Peter and the White Witch was the most pleasing part of the whole movie. Dono how Peter became so good with a sword so fast, maybe its because its a magic sword from Father Christmas. Even though I knew the whole movie part for part from the book, it was well worth it. They tackled Santa perfectly, he wasn't exactly brimming with cheer, instead he had dark leather clothing and was a more serious type. But still, the battle at the end brought tears to my eyes, so gritty and nice. Even tops Helms Deep. The White Witch was freaking great.
                        The white queen does kick arse. When I first saw her I thought it was a bit cheesy with the shoulder pads and all but man in the battle she Owned. I also was just stunned and amazed by the Special effects in this one. I mean you look at LOTR and everything is cool but ultimatly everything they are making is fake so you expect it to be cool. This movie made the hum drum little things like Beavers cool. It is really really amazing what they can do with CGI these days. Griffins were awesome, Lion and his big scene were awesome, the minitors, cheetas, cyclopes, centars were all just tremendous.

I did think the kids lacked a sense of awe. and I forgot Santa Clause made an appearance (must of blocked it out of my mind as too cheesy or Deus ex machina). But I certainly had enough sense of awe for all of them.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The DVD comes out in Australia today...
                          Looks terrific. Anybody else getting it?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            The DVD comes out in Australia today...
                            Looks terrific. Anybody else getting it?
                            Maybe, I'll see how much it is first.

I'm looking forward to seeing what extra features they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                              Maybe, I'll see how much it is first.

I'm looking forward to seeing what extra features they have.
                              The EzyDVD website has all the details for R4:
                              http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781734
                              sigpic

Comment

Like others here, I read and enjoyed all of the Narnia Chronicles as a child.

I thought the film was uneven. Lucy was wonderful. The other characters were played very well. My big problem with the film was in costumes, lighting, some of the casting and special effects. The books are not meant to be highly realistic, but to make the film "work" with an unititiated audience, Peter needed to be more convincing as a figure in order for him to be placed in front of an army. He seemed to be silly and small as a front line general.

The battle scene was too bright. The human costumes looked artifical and in some cases, did not fit. The action was good, but broad. These scenes really suffer when compared to LOTR.

I would think that, as a Christian, you want to craft a film so well that non-Chrsitians will be impressed and drawn into the story and truth of the film. I am afraid this film was built to appeal to those who had read the books and/or wanted to love the film because it is one of the few modern works that is both based on Chrsitian thought and somewhat appealing to a broader audience.

My favorite part of the film was Lucy's first trip into Narnia. The little girl who played her, the sense of wonder and delight were all exceptional and captivating.

Comment

Working...
                                X