Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Film)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh...Wrong order, IMO . I think I read them in the order they were written rather than chronologically according to the storyline. It was TLTWATW (what kind of acronym IS that anyway ) that got me hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      I think how majestic Aslan is depends greatly on who's going to voice him.
      IIRC it's going to be Brian Glover. If you're British you'll know him. The only films I can think of he's been in that were international are Alien3 (he was the one telling everyone assembled in the canteen that nothing was wrong when he was pulled up through the celing) and, I think, American Werewolf in Paris where he was one of the unfriendly Yorkshiremen in the pub.

Madeleine

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I love TLTWATW!!
        I've never read the books but it was my favourite film as a kid. Used to make Mum play it over and over. If i had a kid who watched a vid, re-wound it, then watched it again straight away i think i'd go nuts

My Mum used to have a wardrobe just like the one in the film. Can't tell you how dissappointed i was when i couldn't find Narnia, lol. I kept looking though because i thought that maybe i didn't believe enough teh first time and thats why i couldn't get through

When i saw this thread i was like There going to ruin it. I grew up with the BBC film and now there going to ruin it. But after reading who's involved i'm really started to look forward to it. And you know with the sfx avilable these days that it's going to be uber magical!

*runs off to tell Mum*

Comment

I hope it turns out well. I loved the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            IIRC it's going to be Brian Glover. If you're British you'll know him. The only films I can think of he's been in that were international are Alien3 (he was the one telling everyone assembled in the canteen that nothing was wrong when he was pulled up through the celing) and, I think, American Werewolf in Paris where he was one of the unfriendly Yorkshiremen in the pub.
            Does he have a nice voice? I'd image it would be the kind of deep voice that would rumble the subwoofer, but that might remind people too much of Mufasa from the Lion King.

Just checking IMDB, he's actually in American Werewolf in London, damn... I only have the one in Paris. But I've seen him in 'Snow White: A Tale of Terror', I just can't remember who he played.

I saw the trailer, and it looks cool. You even got a .3 second glimpse of Mr Tumnus. The centaurs are going to be so cool. And it does look beautiful, very colourful and mythical.

I do hope the children can act, it'll be excruciating they couldn't. But must have faith...

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
              Ooh...Wrong order, IMO . I think I read them in the order they were written rather than chronologically according to the storyline. It was TLTWATW (what kind of acronym IS that anyway ) that got me hooked.
              Well, it certainly wasn't the order in which they were written but they did it that way because C.S. Lewis preferred that they were read in that order. That is because of the internal timeline of the Chronicles itself. It starts with 'The magicians nephew', then 'TLTWATW', 'The Horse and his boy', 'Pince Caspian', 'The voyage of the Dawn Treader', 'The Silver Chair', and finally 'The Last Battle'.

I agree that for anyone first reading the Chronicles, TLTWATW is the best to read first. It is the best and most captivating introduction to the world of Narnia. However, in terms of internal timeline to the story... "The Magicians Nephew" is properly found in the beginning. After all... The Nephew IS the Professor that Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy go to stay with. It is HIS Wardrobe they enter through to go to Narnia. Which is why he wasn't at all suprised to learn they had gone there. He'd been there himself. In fact, he'd been there at the very dawn of Narnia's creation. By the time the 4 children got there... Narnia had been around a very long time.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

And, of course, the Wardrobe itself was connected to Narnia. It was made from the wood of the tree that had grown from the apple seeds he and Polly planted after their return with the apple of life.

One thing from 'The Magician's Nephew' that I never got until now was that moment when the crowd were taunting Jadis, and someone shouted 'Three Cheers for the 'hempress of Colney 'Atch'. It's only recently that I read (entirely separately) that Colney Hatch was a London Asylum for the Insane.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                  Well, it certainly wasn't the order in which they were written but they did it that way because C.S. Lewis preferred that they were read in that order. That is because of the internal timeline of the Chronicles itself. It starts with 'The magicians nephew', then 'TLTWATW', 'The Horse and his boy', 'Pince Caspian', 'The voyage of the Dawn Treader', 'The Silver Chair', and finally 'The Last Battle'.

I agree that for anyone first reading the Chronicles, TLTWATW is the best to read first. It is the best and most captivating introduction to the world of Narnia. However, in terms of internal timeline to the story... "The Magicians Nephew" is properly found in the beginning. After all... The Nephew IS the Professor that Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy go to stay with. It is HIS Wardrobe they enter through to go to Narnia. Which is why he wasn't at all suprised to learn they had gone there. He'd been there himself. In fact, he'd been there at the very dawn of Narnia's creation. By the time the 4 children got there... Narnia had been around a very long time.
                  Yeah, it's just a personal preference I guess. I always watch the old Star Wars movies before the prequels, too .

Comment

Well it's been a while since anybody has posted, but I thought it would be nice to post pictures of Aslan. This is a beautiful shot.

And I think this is one of the clearer shots of Mr Tumnus. He definately looks different.

This movie is definately looking good.

Comment

Looks terrific... Mr Tumnus looks very similar to the animated version...
                      Is that Edmund with Aslan... or Peter...?

Watched the BBC version of the Silver Chair with Tom Baker as Puddlegum... last year... Wasn't that a weird portrayal?

I love CS Lewis... even more than Tolkien... hope they remain faithful to the spirit of the book...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Those are great photos. Thanks for posting them The movie's looking fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily

Watched the BBC version of the Silver Chair with Tom Baker as Puddlegum... last year... Wasn't that a weird portrayal?

I love CS Lewis... even more than Tolkien... hope they remain faithful to the spirit of the book...
                          That's Edmund with Aslan there. Peter is the blonde one.

I was vague, what I meant by looking different was that James McAvoy looks different to what he usually does, not just the horns (they look cute), I think they did something to his nose.

I remember reading an interview with the director Adamson that it was going to be a faithful adaptation. However there are slight differences, Edmund is a little bit more resentful towards Peter and they are developing Mr Tumnus' character a bit more in the middle part of the story.

I think it's a bit easier to be faithful to the book cause it is quite short unlike Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings.

And here's a pic of a gryphon, just because it is swanky looking.

So looking forward to this movie. There was a link posted here for the trailer right?
                          Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 26 August 2005, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Resentful Edmund is okay... I can live with it... I've always liked Edmund best... he reminds me of me when I was a kid... always teetering on the darkside...
                            Here's the trailer again to whet people's appetites..
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/trailers

Looks like another hit for Weta...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I like the music they used in the trailer. Love the battle against the backdrop of the mountains.

In case people didn't know, but another huge plus is that Liam Neeson is the voice of Aslan. Love his voice, I could listen to read that man read the phonebook or a calculus textbook.

Comment

Originally Posted by Easter Lily

I love CS Lewis... even more than Tolkien...hope they remain faithful to the spirit of the book...
                                I hope so, too. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Lewis' son insisted that those making the film respect the content and spirit of the original stories---that the "flavor" wouldn't be changed to make it more marketable to the movie-going public. When I first heard a Narnia film was going to be made I winced, fearing the worst (the same reaction I had when I first heard LOTR was going to be made into a film)....

I've loved the Narnia books since grade school and they're still some of my favorite books to read (especially when things around me are a little shakey). Like a lot of people, I don't like people messing with the things I love. Having said that, I finally went to the Lion website and watched the trailer about a month ago and I was blown away by what I saw! It was amazing to watch---the actors, the special effects, the music all look and sound great! Now if they can just stay faithful and true to the original spirit of the Narnia stories, I think this will be one incredible movie......

The children playing Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy are well-cast (which means they're pretty much the way I imagined them to look!), especially little Lucy. I like her even better than the BBC Lucy....

Comment

Working...
                                X