Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Film)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Lucy is as cute as a button. You just want to hug her.

Comment

The first review for the film is out... not too bad. Still have hope.

Review from Test Screening

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
        Wow, I always imagined it would be chocolate . There's a childhood worth of preconceptions out the window... What you describe doesn't seem worth all the fuss to me.

So...it's the blue Jell-o of Narnia?
        Have you ever had Aplets and Cotlets (made by Liberty Orchards in Cashmere, WA)? I've heard that they are very close to Turkish Delight, only they are made from apples or apricots and walnuts. They are very yummy! And they do have some that are covered in chocolate.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

OH man this film is going to be awesome even though I have the bbc productions on video and all the books from the look of the trailer its going to rock and with Peter Jackson at the helm what has this film got to lose ?
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I don't think PJ is at the helm of this one... but Weta is doing all the props and sets so at least, that'll be good...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Those photos are awesome! I can't wait to see this film. I'm giddy.

Comment

woohoo! I can't wait! It looks better than I thought it would.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Oh, wow. Just watched the trailer. It looks awesome. Might just be the production that finally captures the essence and spirit of the books, which I'd adored since I was a child. Aslan looks superb! I can't wait till December 9th.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Andrew Adamson is at the helm. He was the director of both Shrek films.

Comment

Sign me up as another fan totally excited about the film! I read all the books as a kid and really enjoyed the BBC/PBS movies. Great, great stuff - the kind of stories that both kids and adults love. I know I'm looking forward to reading them to my kids someday.

The movie trailer reminds me a bit of a HP/LOTR combo, and since I like all of those movies I'm assuming this film should be fabulous as well.

Comment

The newest trailer is now available. It's pretty cool, you get to see Aslan talk as well as Mr Beaver and some of the other animated charcters. Very cool. As if I weren't looking forward to it before.

New Trailer

Comment

Thanks for that.
                          We don't get it till Dec 26th, so I'm grabbing all the trailers/screenshots I can

Comment

It looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it!
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I'm actually even more worried about seeing this film than I was about seeing LOTR. I read the first book (I insist in reading in publication order, despite what CS Lewis said) when I was 6, and have recently read the series to the Gruesome Twosome - it is truly imaginative writing and not only for children.

I would probably faint with joy if I heard that they were also going to film The Silver Chair - my favourite of the books.
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone heard if they're planning on making them all? Or skippng some/combining etc?

I too like publication order better than chrono. I just think the world develops better. The Dragonrider of Pern series is a great example of that!
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X