This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    Just saw the Trailer for the end of time. It looks pretty awesome, except the ridiculously awful CGI skull on the master. Really? That's the best the BBCs budget can do? I don't suppose there's any chance they'll make it look better before it airs is there?
    Agreed. it was pretty bad CGI there. but apart form that... it is going to ROCK!

Also, notice how the ood has another brain? this time on the outside of their head. Prolly an evolved form of Ood Sigma?
    Last edited by Kidwizz; 16 November 2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Just saw the Trailer for the end of time. It looks pretty awesome, except the ridiculously awful CGI skull on the master. Really? That's the best the BBCs budget can do? I don't suppose there's any chance they'll make it look better before it airs is there?
      I had the same reaction! That was just terrible and so early 90s. Any cheap scifi/fantasy b-movie can do a better job then this! Except for that it was brilliant. DONNA! WILF! MAAAAASTER!
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Nice to see that The Master is back to his old clinging to life by the skin of his teeth thing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Nice to see that The Master is back to his old clinging to life by the skin of his teeth thing.
          That's our master : pads : At least this time around he is no rotting corpse..or should I say too bad? Zombie(!)Master would be much cooler now because the makeup effects are much better now then they were in the 60s and early 70s
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Want to see the 'End of Time' trailer again?

There are now just two episodes of the Tenth Doctor's reign remaining - and as we saw at the end of 'The Waters Of Mars', The Ood are coming to take him on his final journey.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ler-again.html

Comment

I hope it doesn't take a long time for The End of Time to air in the US, we don't get The Waters of Mars until December 19!

Comment

Well now I've seen the Children in Need trailer I can safely say
                Spoiler:
                now we know why Queen Elizabeth I was so pissed off when she met him in The Shakespere Code and the Doctor's finally upgraded his Tardis locking device. Apart from that there is nothing new

Comment

Apart from that there is nothing new
                  Actually, we also aqquired a few peices of information that are quite relevant to the plot of the special.

Spoiler:
                  The Ood have taken only 10,000 years to develop their civilisation, which gravely trouble The Doctor, as races like theirs are not supposed to develop that quickly. This indicates time is acclerating as a result of it's present state.

The Doctor is led into a cave where The Ood Elder is reciting a prophetic monlouge about something returning through the dark and the flames back to this world, "it is returning, he is returning, THEY are returning...but too late, far, far too late"

And for everyone else, here's the link to the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1ctIHsXBw

Comment

I saw it

Spoiler:
                    RTD really has some nerve. Here we have a doctor who is still in post-coital bliss telling the Ood that he just deflowered Elizabeth I. Erm....right. So the doctor is having a midlife crisis and what does he do? He sleeps around and has a thing with queen Bess -_- plus his TARDIS can now be locked like some car. I really hope the rest of the finale isn't like this -_- I can easily live with psycho(!) doctor but I have no use for a doctor who has a midlife crisis.

Now to the more interesting bit.... "it is returning, he is returning, THEY are returning...but too late, far, far too late"

My guess is that not only the Master returns (he is returning) but also the time lords (THEY are returning) and they are probably too late to keep something from happening so the doctor has to do it. I wonder though what IT is. As long as it is not that cheesy thing that Owen had brought back and fought (I think it was supposed to be death ...gosh that episode was so bad that I erased it from my mind).
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      RTD really has some nerve. Here we have a doctor who is still in post-coital bliss telling the Ood that he just deflowered Elizabeth I. Erm....right. So the doctor is having a midlife crisis and what does he do? He sleeps around and has a thing with queen Bess -_- plus his TARDIS can now be locked like some car. I really hope the rest of the finale isn't like this -_- I can easily live with psycho(!) doctor but I have no use for a doctor who has a midlife crisis.
                      Spoiler:

I didn't take it as a midlife crisis, I took it as him being extremely arrogant which tails on from the end of Waters of Mars.

Comment

Wait!
                        Spoiler:
                        Her slept with her?!?!? Really?!

I watched it and it was interesting but the way he was acting wasn't right at all.

Comment

All in all, his casualness and 'vacationing' really kinda adds to the scariness of his character after The Waters of Mars. Believing that he's in command of time is bad enough, but now he just can't take anything seriously, and that is VERY worrying.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Yeah. He slept with her, that is why he quibbed she can no longer be called The Virgin Queen. This would really be just crack(!)tastic if I'd be successful in getting both Judy Dench and Hellen Mirren as queen Bess out of my head and think Cate Blanchett.... Well IMO his acting totally made sense. The man just got laid and not just by anybody. Who knows maybe he had a pitstop before that at the court of Catherine the Great and some other ladies and gents. Hehe.

Come to think of it. I think I like it. In the beginning I wasn't so happy with it but until the 9th doctor, the doctor had been close to asexual. Not anymore. Heavy subtext and flirting with Jack, then there was Rose and now this. Yeah that man does have some fun after all. Always thought so :g:
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              All in all, his casualness and 'vacationing' really kinda adds to the scariness of his character after The Waters of Mars. Believing that he's in command of time is bad enough, but now he just can't take anything seriously, and that is VERY worrying.
                              IMO the doctor never took anything serious so that is nothing new. The real problem is that the doctor has always been a compassionate person. Yes he coul be very vindictive and self-righteous but under all that was a man who had a big heart and a lot of compassion. THAT is what is missing right. He just doesn't give a damn anymore. He has stopped caring.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                IMO the doctor never took anything serious so that is nothing new. The real problem is that the doctor has always been a compassionate person. Yes he coul be very vindictive and self-righteous but under all that was a man who had a big heart and a lot of compassion. THAT is what is missing right. He just doesn't give a damn anymore. He has stopped caring.
                                I disagree, he took a LOT seriously. Yes he had a joke, but he took most of the majorly important things very seriously. This is akin to him not taking the situation at the end of Turn Left seriously. The cloister bell was sounding and everything.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X