This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
    A lot of people (including myself) that are members of the Doctor Who Online forum - http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ - suspect that the Time Lords will have some sort of return in The End Of Time. They might have hidden themselves and Gallifrey behind some sort of cloaking device, so the Daleks (and the Doctor) thought they'd been destroyed. Also, the Master might be caught up in however they return. There's all sorts of theories flying around as to how they might come back, but the general feeling is that they're coming back somehow.

If it's a proper comeback, I hope the other Time Lords decide to be a bit more like the Doctor and help out civilisations in need from time to time, rather than just sitting back and observing

IF the time lords return (which would actually be kind of cool) then I doubt that they will change that much. The doctor has always been considered an outlaw and a rascal for being the way the way he is - no proper time lord in their opinion would behaver that way. They made that clear but it would be nice if one or two time lords go the way of the doctor. I would just be happy if Romana survived he whole war. I would love to have hear back!
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

I don't know if you've seen this - small interview with John Simm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/en...0/10002056.stm

Comment

Just to get you in the mood.... apparently from the new Simpsons Treehouse of horror!
        Spoiler:

A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Don't watch the Simpsons anymore but I always liked the Treehouse of Horror and this oints screencap: is made of win
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Well, I'm an avid fan of Doctor Who (more so the newer episodes). One thing that has been mentioned though, that I don't quite understand is the 'other' Timelords. People say that they look down upon the Doctor for his 'helping' others, yet I thought the Timelords (in general) were good guys?

Am I missing something?
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
              Well, I'm an avid fan of Doctor Who (more so the newer episodes). One thing that has been mentioned though, that I don't quite understand is the 'other' Timelords. People say that they look down upon the Doctor for his 'helping' others, yet I thought the Timelords (in general) were good guys?

Am I missing something?
              They're basically a bit like Ascended Beings.

They have horrendous amounts of power of time, and thus, choose a non interference approach, simply looking down at the rest of the universe and never getting involved. The Doctor is a bit like Oma Desala in that regard...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                They're basically a bit like Ascended Beings.

They have horrendous amounts of power of time, and thus, choose a non interference approach, simply looking down at the rest of the universe and never getting involved. The Doctor is a bit like Oma Desala in that regard...
                I see. I suppose the Daleks would be the Ori then? And Ca'an would be Tomin?

Thanks for answering my question anyway.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

What's funny is The Time Lords "officially" claimed non interference, but in truth used to get involved behind the scenes - case in point - The Two Doctors, just before The Doctor's exile to Earth, he's being used by a sinister Time Lord group to tell some scientists to ease up on their time experiments because they're getting too developed too quickly.

Comment

I wouldn't be too surprised if
                    Spoiler:
                    the time lords do return, as the next series returns to the older look of Who before the 9th doctor arrived. Could the adventures of the 9th and 10th Doctors of been a different series!?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      the time lords do return, as the next series returns to the older look of Who before the 9th doctor arrived. Could the adventures of the 9th and 10th Doctors of been a different series!?
                      I don't follow.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Huh? Je ne comprends pas
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                          Huh? Je ne comprends pas
                          I was trying to say, that the dawn of Matt Smith seems to be another reboot of Doctor Who, a new logo and look similar to the older series. In the older series the Time Lords weren't, well.....dead. The current Who series only lasted from 2005-2009, but is being changed so soon.

Comment

Oh okay, now I understand what you wanted to say.
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, we don't know that and quite frankly I don't really care much for the Timelords in general just for the runaways like the Doctor, the Master, the Meddling Monk and the Rani. The ones on Gallifrey were either not quite sane or stuffy bureaucrats. Also we do not for certain that they will in fact return. Those pictures we saw might just be from flashbacks.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                              Oh okay, now I understand what you wanted to say.
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, we don't know that and quite frankly I don't really care much for the Timelords in general just for the runaways like the Doctor, the Master, the Meddling Monk and the Rani. The ones on Gallifrey were either not quite sane or stuffy bureaucrats. Also we do not for certain that they will in fact return. Those pictures we saw might just be from flashbacks.
                              Honestly, I really hope so. I like the Doctor being alone, or.... almost alone.

Comment

Just saw the Trailer for the end of time. It looks pretty awesome, except the ridiculously awful CGI skull on the master. Really? That's the best the BBCs budget can do? I don't suppose there's any chance they'll make it look better before it airs is there?

Comment

Working...
                                X