Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps we will finally get to see some of the time war?

Comment

Maybe.... But I don't know how they would present it really.... I would just hope that it wasn't like the way SGA did the whole ancient thing but made them look really star trekky
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Maybe.... But I don't know how they would present it really.... I would just hope that it wasn't like the way SGA did the whole ancient thing but made them look really star trekky
        well however they did it, there would be people who wouldn't like it. it's been built up on a pedestal so if we ever see it... people wont like it.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Good point
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            Yeah true, but he's been the last of his kind for 4 seasons and 5 years now. I would like to see him on the run from a group of a few eccentric time lords who survived and blame him for the results of the time war, which as it seems the Doctor blames himself for the time lords dying out.......
            I like that !
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Spoiler:
              The End Of Time is the title of one of the 2 specials

Trailer from Comic Con
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLtgbkX7Xs
              Last edited by stargatefan234; 28 July 2009, 10:04 AM.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                Spoiler:
                The End Of Time is the title of one of the 2 specials

Trailer from Comic Con
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLtgbkX7Xs
                better quality here
                Spoiler:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcQcaucYOc0&feature=related

Comment

Now that the trailer for it has been shown on the ComicCon I think it is really high time to open a seperate threa for the anticipated as well as dreaded end of the tenth doctor aka "End of Time"

So what are your thoughts? Was it just crazy me or was there also a clip of the ninth doctor in the trailer and what do you think will be the role of Timothy Dalton. His outfit makes it pretty clear that he will play a timelord but who do think will he be? Also was that an Ood in the trailer. I am just happy to have the Master, Donna and Wilf back.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

pictures/info/video compilation for the end of time. lots of information and speculation and spoilers so beware!!

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5CloFx9VAc
                    part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK3ow7gkI8A
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Scoop on those final 'Who' specials

Tube Talk has just got off the phone with David Harewood, who you'll most recently have seen playing Friar Tuck in Robin Hood. You'll soon also be seeing him in another show we're all quite fond of. Harewood has a key role in David Tennant's final adventure this Christmas, playing a mysterious character called Joshua Naismith. What can we expect from DT's swansong? Read on for some teasers!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1722...-specials.html

Comment

I'm really looking forward to these episodes, but on the other hand I'll be prepared for crying buckets (or at least have tears in my eyes) when it's time for the Doctor to regenerate. David Tennant has been fantastic in the role and since I didn't watch the show when it was still on TV in the 80's, I've come to see him as being my Doctor.

Looking forward to seeing the Master return and finding out what Time Lord Timothy Dalton is playing (Omega? Rassilon? Or someone else?).
                        Newly liberated multi-thunker
                        http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                        Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                          I'm really looking forward to these episodes, but on the other hand I'll be prepared for crying buckets (or at least have tears in my eyes) when it's time for the Doctor to regenerate. David Tennant has been fantastic in the role and since I didn't watch the show when it was still on TV in the 80's, I've come to see him as being my Doctor.

Looking forward to seeing the Master return and finding out what Time Lord Timothy Dalton is playing (Omega? Rassilon? Or someone else?).
                          Apparently Dalton's narrating, of course that doesn't mean he isn't omega/ rassilon and won't appear in the episode
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

How is he is supposed to be Omega or Rassilion when the whole of Gallifrey blew up or did he find some way to escape his tomb? I am also sort of looking forward to the finale. I say sort of because I don't want to see Ten leave : sniff :
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                              How is he is supposed to be Omega or Rassilion when the whole of Gallifrey blew up or did he find some way to escape his tomb? I am also sort of looking forward to the finale. I say sort of because I don't want to see Ten leave : sniff :
                              Perhaps Gallifrey isn't as dead as we have been led to believe! or perhaps Dalek Cann rescuing Davros from the time war has opened the door for all kind of timey wimey explanations...
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

A lot of people (including myself) that are members of the Doctor Who Online forum - http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ - suspect that the Time Lords will have some sort of return in The End Of Time. They might have hidden themselves and Gallifrey behind some sort of cloaking device, so the Daleks (and the Doctor) thought they'd been destroyed. Also, the Master might be caught up in however they return. There's all sorts of theories flying around as to how they might come back, but the general feeling is that they're coming back somehow.

If it's a proper comeback, I hope the other Time Lords decide to be a bit more like the Doctor and help out civilisations in need from time to time, rather than just sitting back and observing
                                Newly liberated multi-thunker
                                http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                                Julia xx

Comment

Working...
                                X