Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
    Looking forwards to watching the new ep but also sort of a bit sad because we're already nearly at the end of the season AND I still have no clue when it's being shown in the UK?! Anyone got any news on that?

you should have got a marker pen and remarked the door

OOoooo I shall go read and review! I seriously need to catch up on all my fic reading
    I have no clue when its coming back in the UK! It would be nice to see it in HD or close to it rather than on YT (I have awakening on my iPod and watching it I'm amazed at the HD quality of it, because I watched it first time on YT )

Haha, I totally should have...but my mum was there and that would have been EXTREMELY AWKWARD!!

Thanks for reviewing!!

Originally posted by es! View Post
    ^Thank you! The ep you are referring to is Eulogy, and both you and Star are right, it's got some fabulous Helen-behind-her-desk scenes!

Thank you so much, really. I've been at that vid of mine for one month already and you two have really helped me further
    Your welcome

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
    So, no mention of Tesla in this ep or in the promo for the next ep? And did you read
    Spoiler:
    John is supposed to be death. CH made an interview in the morton report. Link is in the Tesla thread. Thats kinds shocking, I was never a John Fan, but I always thought he is a fan favourite like Tesla...
    I know!!! I couldn't believe it when I read the report!!
    Spoiler:
    I diidn't really consider him being dead, I just thought he'd been taken over by his energy elemental! Plus there was no real closure of the character, no on mentioned it or questioned his whereabouts.... actually, can't remember what ep it was but Declan had gone to hollow earth and I think it was Henry ahd a computer tablet speaking to him. he might have said 'No sign of Druiit' but i can't remember....does anyone know!!??

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gTgkN2VB4

This is my new vid. LOL

(in future I will be uploading vids once a week or once a fortnight)
    LOVE ITT!!!

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well end of S3 he was in that cave place wasn't he... then Adam jumped back in time and Helen followed him... then we saw the place exploding... so it seemed pretty likely he got blown up too... but still, I sort of didn't think he was like... gone...
    Spoiler:
    I forgot about the place exploding

You know what would be *really* bad?? If the cliffhanger inculdes Nikola in some way - like whether he's alive or not!
    That would be horrible!!
    Spoiler:
    But since he's a vampire again (yay!!) I don't think he's easy to kill anymore

Sorry guys, I haven't been around much lately because I've been trying hard to finish my new Teslen vid. It's only 36 seconds long but it took me like three weeks to make
    I hope you like it

I used mixed media for some sequences, you might want to watch in HD, especially the beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ql32K4g3Y

I will proceed to ff reading / fanvid watching now, I have a real to-do list already
    I LOVE THIS!!

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
    yeah, me too. I still think the whole Sanctuary (network) gets destroyed.. but I'm more than interested in that last scene that explains it all.. they'd better come up wilt sth very good!

I thought about him, too. at least that chis-interview-part about deepening the friendship lets me hope.. he wouldn't say that if he woul'd have been bad till the end. no, he wouldn't. (would he?)

Half OT because it's about Druitt:
    Spoiler:
    I was quite shocked to find oud that he died last season (and that we watched nearly a whole season without at least seriously considering it). I thought he *schould* have died due to the circumstaces, but I couldn't imagine they'd loose a character without any bigger hint, tear or whatsoever.
    btw.. i just visited the Magnitt thread.. can it be possible they really don't know about it (& the interview) yet? there's no word concerning it.. just the Druitt-fan-threat noticed. o.O
    so.. hoping they don't kill the rest of the five off, let's wait for the finale!
    I think it's the Sanctuary too, the title is so ominous, its gotta be something real bad!!

RE: magnitt thread - maybe they're in denial! I would be if it were Tes... TEs... I can't even say it :O
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

I think it's the Sanctuary too, the title is so ominous, its gotta be something real bad!!

RE: magnitt thread - maybe they're in denial! I would be if it were Tes... TEs... I can't even say it :O
      Yep, something bad and dramatic and...I'm going crazy trying to figure it out! Maybe they are in denial...but personally I think there's the possibility they'll bring Johnny back. I don't like him (and certainly not like I like *cough* LOVE *cough* Tesla), but I did like having him on the show. It would be a shame to write off such a great character.

Sorry guys, I haven't been around much lately because I've been trying hard to finish my new Teslen vid. It's only 36 seconds long but it took me like three weeks to make
      I hope you like it

I used mixed media for some sequences, you might want to watch in HD, especially the beginning

I will proceed to ff reading / fanvid watching now, I have a real to-do list already
      OMG es this is an amazing vid!! So powerful. I love the mix of the song (which was perfect) and the narrative. OMG again. So good.

Comment

Here are some more screencaps

Acolyte

Enjoy!
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

StarSancFar: That would be horrible!!
          Spoiler:

But since he's a vampire again (yay!!) I don't think he's easy to kill anymore
          He's not easy to kill, but I don't think it would be impossible.

lastrequest:
          Looking forwards to watching the new ep but also sort of a bit sad because we're already nearly at the end of the season AND I still have no clue when it's being shown in the UK?! Anyone got any news on that?
          You can't watch the episodes online then? or just prefer to wait and see them on a nice big TV screen?

Altariel: I´m sorry for the Druitt fans I can just hope they never do that to Tesla or even to Helen. It would be my worst nightmare if they would kill off Helen and Nikola in the end of the series.
          If Druitt is really gone then only two of The Five are left.. *shields Nikola and Helen*
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Woooo I have a new vid and I'm kind of excited 'cos I just hit 30 vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cjK...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
              I don't think they would kill off another of the five...... i mean..
              Spoiler:
              there is only two left

.... and one is the loneliest number!
              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
              - Doctor Who (series 7)
              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Thank you guys, I'm glad you liked my little vid

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post

Acolyte

Enjoy!
                Yay!

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post

I can't see it They say it's blocked in my country
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Heh yeah sorry bout that. I'm having some problems with that, but I'm trying to re-upload it now.

Comment

Same issue here. No worries I will wait
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

The vampires got themselves killed as a race, and John thought he had killed Tesla in Rome. For obvious reason it isn't a good area to experiment (), so maybe even Nikola doesn't know what it would take to kill him. Vampires likely didn't leave instructions behind, the ones killing them maybe tried but it may have mixed with vampire folklore and stories.

Then there was the involvement of Praxis. It was stated that Praxis and Akhkharu were at war, but that the Catholic Church was able to practically end the race. That doesn't add up, given the technological level of Akhkharu, Praxis and Europe at the time. My guess would be that someone leaked Praxian technology (maybe a biological weapon) and humans used that but didn't understand what they were using, that leaving room for garlic myths and effectively keeping the method unknown.

Bhalasaam... Well, that is somewhat fishy too. Afina didn't seem like she was about to stay in a city that was under bombardment. Of course she probably wasn't a good example of a vampire, keeping in mind that she was a princess/queen, but as general vampires didn't seem like a race that would be interested in species-wide suicide. Even if Bhalasaam was bombarded to pieces, some of the vampires living in it should have gotten away, or they should have survived in the caves under the city. That is, if the vampires didn't die or leave before the city was destroyed. That would seem likely because before Helen knew Bhalasaam was destroyed, she knew vampires were extinct.

There is too much that don't add up... Argh, plot bunnies...

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                        The vampires got themselves killed as a race, and John thought he had killed Tesla in Rome. For obvious reason it isn't a good area to experiment (), so maybe even Nikola doesn't know what it would take to kill him. Vampires likely didn't leave instructions behind, the ones killing them maybe tried but it may have mixed with vampire folklore and stories.

Then there was the involvement of Praxis. It was stated that Praxis and Akhkharu were at war, but that the Catholic Church was able to practically end the race. That doesn't add up, given the technological level of Akhkharu, Praxis and Europe at the time. My guess would be that someone leaked Praxian technology (maybe a biological weapon) and humans used that but didn't understand what they were using, that leaving room for garlic myths and effectively keeping the method unknown.

Bhalasaam... Well, that is somewhat fishy too. Afina didn't seem like she was about to stay in a city that was under bombardment. Of course she probably wasn't a good example of a vampire, keeping in mind that she was a princess/queen, but as general vampires didn't seem like a race that would be interested in species-wide suicide. Even if Bhalasaam was bombarded to pieces, some of the vampires living in it should have gotten away, or they should have survived in the caves under the city. That is, if the vampires didn't die or leave before the city was destroyed. That would seem likely because before Helen knew Bhalasaam was destroyed, she knew vampires were extinct.
                        There is too much that don't add up... Argh, plot bunnies...
                        The very fact that they were killed as a race is proof they can be killed. John says in Revelations I think, when Nikola shows up, that he knows he's hard to kill but he's sure there are ways. And it seemed Afina was about to kill Nikola in Awakening. Helen says "don't kill him." My own guess is if the body was destroyed enough even a vampire's healing abilities could not save him/her. I don't like the thought of such graphic violence but beheading, tearing out the heart or other vital organs (Afina had her claws at the center of Nikola's chest), or blowing them up might kill them. I think John also said to Ashley that the vampires that survived were made sterile, though he didn't go into much detail there as to how they were made sterile and I wondered about that. Unless it was some form of biological weapon or they tampered with their food source, why make them sterile when they could just kill them? Just to make sure that any survivors of the bombings could not reproduce apparently. ??

LOL at vampires leaving instructions for how to kill them. How about a book: "Five Sure Ways to Kill a Vampire."

Hmm. good point. Now I want to watch Revelations again to see exactly what she says. But yeah she does seem in The Five to believe Nikola is all that's left of the vampire race, but then doesn't know Bhalasaam was destroyed a long time ago. Maybe she just thought the vampires fled Bhalasaam and were hunted down later or she knew it had been bombed but didn't realize how utterly destroyed it was until she visited it. yep, plot bunnies.
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL at vampires leaving instructions for how to kill them. How about a book: "Five Sure Ways to Kill a Vampire."
                          Now this is an idea for a story!
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Yep, something bad and dramatic and...I'm going crazy trying to figure it out! Maybe they are in denial...but personally I think there's the possibility they'll bring Johnny back. I don't like him (and certainly not like I like *cough* LOVE *cough* Tesla), but I did like having him on the show. It would be a shame to write off such a great character.
                            I think they'll bring John back, and maybe Helen would go 'I thought you were dead' and then we'll know that she knew/thought he was dead...to me it seems she's clueless
                            I liked John, but nowhere NEAR as much as Tesla!!!! ;D

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post

Acolyte

Enjoy!
                            Thanks Yamii! I havent seen the ep yet ( ) but once I get round to watching it, I'll nab some

It says you've removed it! :O

Now this is an idea for a story!
                            I agree!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

The very fact that they were killed as a race is proof they can be killed. John says in Revelations I think, when Nikola shows up, that he knows he's hard to kill but he's sure there are ways. And it seemed Afina was about to kill Nikola in Awakening. Helen says "don't kill him." My own guess is if the body was destroyed enough even a vampire's healing abilities could not save him/her. I don't like the thought of such graphic violence but beheading, tearing out the heart or other vital organs (Afina had her claws at the center of Nikola's chest), or blowing them up might kill them.
                              That is pretty much what I think. Also Afina mentioned how the vampires that battled for power killed each other (and then decided to take the stasis option).

If a need to kill vampires without overly graphical violence arises, I assume some chemicals might do the trick too, for example inhibitors that affect to enzyme(s) needed for something essential, or maybe for healing. That would make a insanely cool partial plot, if a vampire was dosed with something like that, and could die for a wound that s/he or a healthy human would normally laugh at.

ARGH even more plot bunnies!

I think John also said to Ashley that the vampires that survived were made sterile, though he didn't go into much detail there as to how they were made sterile and I wondered about that. Unless it was some form of biological weapon or they tampered with their food source, why make them sterile when they could just kill them? Just to make sure that any survivors of the bombings could not reproduce apparently. ??
                              That was strange, too. I thought that it was some ethical thing, or then they had a way to make vampires sterile without getting too close to them. A biological weapon seems a likely choice but it isn't without problems. I mean, with their technological level, I think vampires would have gone more imaginative and found a way around it. I bet they knew how to clone, for example, and they knew genes and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                                That is pretty much what I think. Also Afina mentioned how the vampires that battled for power killed each other (and then decided to take the stasis option).

If a need to kill vampires without overly graphical violence arises, I assume some chemicals might do the trick too, for example inhibitors that affect to enzyme(s) needed for something essential, or maybe for healing. That would make a insanely cool partial plot, if a vampire was dosed with something like that, and could die for a wound that s/he or a healthy human would normally laugh at.

ARGH even more plot bunnies!

That was strange, too. I thought that it was some ethical thing, or then they had a way to make vampires sterile without getting too close to them. A biological weapon seems a likely choice but it isn't without problems. I mean, with their technological level, I think vampires would have gone more imaginative and found a way around it. I bet they knew how to clone, for example, and they knew genes and stuff.

Now that you remind me I do recall Afina saying that. Also Tesla said her brother was killed by his own son.

Yeah, they could probably dream up some way to "fix" the vampires so they could either be killed easily or maybe contract some disease that would kill them. It might be safer than trying to fight them in wars when they would immediately heal from most wounds and continue fighting. But unleashing a biological weapon could backfire on them. Either the vampires could find a way to make it ineffective or even harm the Praxians themselves. Nikola made a devamper, so we know technology can also make them human and mortal. Of course they have to catch the vampire and use it on him/her and that could be dangerous.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X