Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
    Final chapter of Love in the Time of Science is up! Lots of Tesla/Helen in this one... *misses them so much*

    This way to the fic...
    Yay!! That was such a great read! And five years working on it? *jaw drop* Wow. You have so much patience.

    I miss watching Teslen already. I wish there would be a movie so we can see what happens next.

    Any other fanfiction recommendations as of late?

    Comment


      Here's Amanda at the FanExpo. She answers a question about the kiss and Teslen.



      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRDo98uaufA

      Spoiler:
      Thought it was quite interesting that she says they were once lovers!
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

      Comment


        That's what I've been saying .... Man Helen and I have roleplayed it so many times, I lost count that they were in love before John arrived, now I see it even more.

        Spoiler:
        Did anyone else catch that sentence about being excited to kiss Jon? I totally caught that
        On the edge of breaking down
        sigpic
        Banner made by me

        Comment


          Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          Here's Amanda at the FanExpo. She answers a question about the kiss and Teslen.



          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRDo98uaufA

          Spoiler:
          Thought it was quite interesting that she says they were once lovers!
          Ahhh! Thanks for the link! I was getting excited like the rest of the fans.
          Spoiler:
          Now the question is...when were they lovers? (Amanda said she thinks they were lovers so it's not officially canon, but it is pretty darn close coming from the actress who plays one half of the love party). Was it before the Source Blood? After Johnny? After Watson?


          Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
          That's what I've been saying .... Man Helen and I have roleplayed it so many times, I lost count that they were in love before John arrived, now I see it even more.

          Spoiler:
          Did anyone else catch that sentence about being excited to kiss Jon? I totally caught that
          So it was before John?
          Spoiler:
          Heck yeah! Haha, I mean, who wouldn't?



          Do we know what year Vienna happened?

          Comment


            Originally posted by tinnec View Post
            So it was before John?
            Spoiler:
            Heck yeah! Haha, I mean, who wouldn't?



            Do we know what year Vienna happened?
            They never said .... She said that Jon just threw the line in there,it wasn't in the original script
            On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

            Comment


              Well NIkola said in The Five "It's been over 60 years...."

              Spoiler:
              so we know it would have been before then (before around 1950 or maybe before his faked death?). ANd she was with Watson around WWII, so that leaves before she met John or after he went Ripper but before she became involved with Watson. ??

              Maybe during Vienna in springtime? Or at Oxford before John showed up? Or.... in Vienna before Oxford? Since we don't know when that happened. Did RL Tesla spend some time in Vienna? Would Helen more likely be with him before or after he was a vampire? Or wouldn't it matter? just tossing more fuel on the fire. lol.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

              Comment


                I think it was before.

                Spoiler:
                I seriously think it was before John arrived and they became members of the Five. I have this idea where they met the day before term started at Oxford and became friends rather quickly but I guess I'll have the chance to see what we come up with cus I created a Sanctuary RP site about their Oxford days and we're starting with the beginning, the day term started when, imo, Helen and Nikola first met cus I believe their relationship that they have now is the way it is not only because they once loved each other like Amanda said but that Nikola was her first friend from the Five.
                On the edge of breaking down
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

                Comment


                  Helen chanced the timeline. It maybe wasn't 60 years, according the new timeline, but I go with Glitch with this one.

                  Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                  I think it was before.

                  Spoiler:
                  I seriously think it was before John arrived and they became members of the Five. I have this idea where they met the day before term started at Oxford and became friends rather quickly but I guess I'll have the chance to see what we come up with cus I created a Sanctuary RP site about their Oxford days and we're starting with the beginning, the day term started when, imo, Helen and Nikola first met cus I believe their relationship that they have now is the way it is not only because they once loved each other like Amanda said but that Nikola was her first friend from the Five.
                  Something like this just makes most sense, if you ask me. I can't see Helen falling in love (or even taking a lover) soon after John. Then there was a lot work and James, and then the faked death and 60 years, and then it is already 'the present'.

                  There is always time for a fling, true that, but then what? "Oops, darling, I think this was a mistake. Let's go our separate ways"? I can't see that happening. But in Oxford they were somewhat young. They had time to hang out, and there was no complications that rose after the source blood. Good time to fall in love, but not that good time to have a lover (Victorian times).

                  Comment


                    If I HAD to guess I'd go along with before John came into her life too. It just seems the most likely to me, given the way things were with The Five in For King & Country. I think she grew closer to Watson during this time and he helped her deal with what John had done, and that led to them being together later (during the time of Normandy). But that's just my own explanation trying to fill in the blanks. We'll never know for sure unless they come up with doing more Sanctuary in some way and cover that.
                    That doesn't mean it had nothing to do with Vienna in springtime though. That could also have happened pre-Oxford and pre-John.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

                    Comment


                      I´m not so sure when they could have been lovers, but I like the thought that it was maybe before she was with John. How old were they? I mean she was 6 years older than him, wasn´t she, and a british girl, he must have been very proud of himself

                      Spoiler:
                      I´m happy that she confirmed (kinda) that they were lovers, much more interesting would be to know if they could be lovers again, but she doesn´t said anything regarding that, doesn´t she? It´s funny too that a few years ago she wasn´t so sure if she likes the thought of them both had something in the past but now she is OK with that.

                      Edit: OMG I was so wrong, she said something regarding how things would have developed, between Magnus and Tesla, I just couldn´t understand it that good. Could someone write it down? Pleeeeeaaaaase
                      That is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3RA-75yZA and it begins miniute 4:52
                      Last edited by Altariel; 30 August 2012, 02:42 AM.

                      Comment


                        I honestly think that Vienna happened before she was with John cus we don't know exactly when he came into the picture, or James and Nigel for that matter and I'm sure that before the Five was formed they went on several adventures together during the time they weren't at lectures or anything, then when John came along I think she fell in love and Nikola was kinda pushed to the side and was more introduced as her best friend rather than her ex boyfriend but they maintained the love they had during their time together.
                        On the edge of breaking down
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

                        Comment


                          I am agreeing with the love before John dynamic. And as a lot of you stated, it makes more sense.

                          Anyway, I'm here to drop off September's Teslen Calendar a little early, since I finished it before I could forget. (And I also had Doctor Who to thank for the reminder)



                          Enjoy!
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                            I´m not so sure when they could have been lovers, but I like the thought that it was maybe before she was with John. How old were they? I mean she was 6 years older than him, wasn´t she, and a british girl, he must have been very proud of himself

                            Spoiler:
                            I´m happy that she confirmed (kinda) that they were lovers, much more interesting would be to know if they could be lovers again, but she doesn´t said anything regarding that, doesn´t she? It´s funny too that a few years ago she wasn´t so sure if she likes the thought of them both had something in the past but now she is OK with that.

                            Edit: OMG I was so wrong, she said something regarding how things would have developed, between Magnus and Tesla, I just couldn´t understand it that good. Could someone write it down? Pleeeeeaaaaase
                            That is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3RA-75yZA and it begins miniute 4:52

                            I transcribed that interview for you here: http://lair-or-lab.livejournal.com/56357.html

                            elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

                            HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

                            NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

                            HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."


                            Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

                            Comment


                              It's awesome Yamii
                              On the edge of breaking down
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by me

                              Comment


                                Thanks Glitch
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X