Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    HAHAHA
    *brushes shoulders off*

Im a champion what can i say
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Okay, I lied. I'm not going to finish tonight b/c of stupid Daylight Savings and I have to go back to class tomorrow

I'll provide a teaser of the beginning (aka what I have written so far b/c this thing might end up being kinda long ), though, to make up for it:

Spoiler:
      She peered down into the inky depths of the underground lake, as if by doing so she would somehow be able to discern what lay beneath its glassy onyx surface. Helen’s contact in Ireland, a woman by the name of Cliodna Kearney, had alerted Helen about the possible appearance of a supposedly extinct species of water sprite in Loch Faileas just a week before, and naturally, Helen had jumped at the chance to investigate the matter for herself. But despite the fact that she and her team had been surveying the area for three days, there had not yet been one single sign of the presence of the elusive creatures.

“Hey, Magnus? Could you quit leaning over the boat like that? It’s kind of freaking me out.”

Helen snapped up from her position to flash her anxious protégé a reassuring smile. “I do have my diving gear readily available, Will.”

A nervous chuckle escaped Will’s mouth as he pulled back on the oars. Clio had warned them not to use a motorboat to avoid scaring any of the sprites…and any other undiscovered abnormals, for that matter. “Still…you said yourself that this place is more dangerous than Loch Ness and just as freaky as the Amazon River at night. I mean…who’s to say some random abnormal we’ve never seen before isn’t going to suddenly jump out of the water and grab you before you have the chance to react?”

Helen shook her head with a lighthearted laugh. “I can assure you, I’ve had worse things happen.”

“Still…”

“Will, I appreciate your concern. But you really don’t have to expend your energy worrying about me. I haven’t been in a hunt I can’t handle yet.”

Will sighed as he heaved backward on the oars again. “All right, but if the Creature from the Black Lagoon comes out to get you, I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to rescue you.”

Helen smirked. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Another eerie silence settled over the two, broken only by the echo of the soft sloshing of the water against the boat’s wooden oars. To be perfectly honest, although she was visibly keeping her cool for Will’s sake, the lack of noise unnerved Helen to no end—and she had never been too comfortable in underground caverns to begin with. This cavern in particular was perhaps the most frightening of any she had ventured into—even more so than the labyrinth beneath Bhalasaam. The darkness was so thick that not even the light from the lantern Nikola had specially designed for the expedition could illuminate anything beyond a five-foot radius. So they were, in essence, traveling blind. It was as if the darkness was an entity in itself, a formless black creature slowly creeping towards its helpless prey, awaiting the perfect moment to engulf its prize catch and ensnare it in an inescapable prison of eternal night. Apprehension, fear of the unknown and unseen, hovered in the frigid air with the load of deadweight, threatening to crush anything in its presence. Helen had experienced the feeling far too often, and she didn’t like it one bit.

“Doc?”

The static scratch of her walkie startled Helen out of her unpleasant thoughts. “Henry? Is that you?” she answered, lifting the device to her mouth.

“Yeah. Where are you?”

Helen paused a moment. “We’re probably close by; I think I can hear your echo. If you dim your light, can you see ours at all?”

There were some muffled noises on the other end that Helen assumed were coming from Henry fiddling with his lantern before the answer finally came. “Yeah. Okay, we’re coming over.”

“Got it.”

A wave of relief swept over Helen a few minutes later when the other boat finally pulled alongside hers. In this place that could have easily been mistaken for the pit of Hell itself, it was a great comfort to be as close to as many people as possible.
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I will catch up. I will!

But first I'm dropping this one off. It's not heavy, but still... For the monthly challenge:

Down in History

I may have cheated a little with the theme, but hey.
        *waves*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I will catch up. I will!

But first I'm dropping this one off. It's not heavy, but still... For the monthly challenge:

Down in History

*waves*
          lovely Nad

Comment

Okay, I lied. I'm not going to finish tonight b/c of stupid Daylight Savings and I have to go back to class tomorrow

I'll provide a teaser of the beginning (aka what I have written so far b/c this thing might end up being kinda long ), though, to make up for it:

Spoiler:
            She peered down into the inky depths of the underground lake, as if by doing so she would somehow be able to discern what lay beneath its glassy onyx surface. Helen’s contact in Ireland, a woman by the name of Cliodna Kearney, had alerted Helen about the possible appearance of a supposedly extinct species of water sprite in Loch Faileas just a week before, and naturally, Helen had jumped at the chance to investigate the matter for herself. But despite the fact that she and her team had been surveying the area for three days, there had not yet been one single sign of the presence of the elusive creatures.

“Hey, Magnus? Could you quit leaning over the boat like that? It’s kind of freaking me out.”

Helen snapped up from her position to flash her anxious protégé a reassuring smile. “I do have my diving gear readily available, Will.”

A nervous chuckle escaped Will’s mouth as he pulled back on the oars. Clio had warned them not to use a motorboat to avoid scaring any of the sprites…and any other undiscovered abnormals, for that matter. “Still…you said yourself that this place is more dangerous than Loch Ness and just as freaky as the Amazon River at night. I mean…who’s to say some random abnormal we’ve never seen before isn’t going to suddenly jump out of the water and grab you before you have the chance to react?”

Helen shook her head with a lighthearted laugh. “I can assure you, I’ve had worse things happen.”

“Still…”

“Will, I appreciate your concern. But you really don’t have to expend your energy worrying about me. I haven’t been in a hunt I can’t handle yet.”

Will sighed as he heaved backward on the oars again. “All right, but if the Creature from the Black Lagoon comes out to get you, I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to rescue you.”

Helen smirked. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Another eerie silence settled over the two, broken only by the echo of the soft sloshing of the water against the boat’s wooden oars. To be perfectly honest, although she was visibly keeping her cool for Will’s sake, the lack of noise unnerved Helen to no end—and she had never been too comfortable in underground caverns to begin with. This cavern in particular was perhaps the most frightening of any she had ventured into—even more so than the labyrinth beneath Bhalasaam. The darkness was so thick that not even the light from the lantern Nikola had specially designed for the expedition could illuminate anything beyond a five-foot radius. So they were, in essence, traveling blind. It was as if the darkness was an entity in itself, a formless black creature slowly creeping towards its helpless prey, awaiting the perfect moment to engulf its prize catch and ensnare it in an inescapable prison of eternal night. Apprehension, fear of the unknown and unseen, hovered in the frigid air with the load of deadweight, threatening to crush anything in its presence. Helen had experienced the feeling far too often, and she didn’t like it one bit.

“Doc?”

The static scratch of her walkie startled Helen out of her unpleasant thoughts. “Henry? Is that you?” she answered, lifting the device to her mouth.

“Yeah. Where are you?”

Helen paused a moment. “We’re probably close by; I think I can hear your echo. If you dim your light, can you see ours at all?”

There were some muffled noises on the other end that Helen assumed were coming from Henry fiddling with his lantern before the answer finally came. “Yeah. Okay, we’re coming over.”

“Got it.”

A wave of relief swept over Helen a few minutes later when the other boat finally pulled alongside hers. In this place that could have easily been mistaken for the pit of Hell itself, it was a great comfort to be as close to as many people as possible.
            You. Suck. FINISH THAAATT!!!

I will catch up. I will!

Down in History

*waves*
            *squeee* STORY TIME *runs away to read*
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
              I just really hope I didn't steal anyone's ideas with the coils?

Oh and awesome fic from everyone. I'm a bit of a manic reviewer and I sometimes forget to do so, but you guys are just so darned cool

I love his ship. *happy sigh*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks!
                I just really hope I didn't steal anyone's ideas with the coils?

Oh and awesome fic from everyone. I'm a bit of a manic reviewer and I sometimes forget to do so, but you guys are just so darned cool

I love his ship. *happy sigh*
                haha it was AWESOME
                yeah i dont think you did, but even so, you did it in such a unique way theres no worries

Thats ok, i sometimes forget to review too and thanks, you're cool yourself
                sigpic

Comment

DOUBLE POST IKK SORRRY

but i was just thinking in my car on my way home about how we combined Helen and Tesla to make Teslen and then was giggling about the idea of Helen calling Niko "Magneto Man" and then i was thinking that Mag is in Magnus and Magneto....

aaanddd thus it hit me in a giggle fit: Magniko

im lame i know
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                    DOUBLE POST IKK SORRRY

but i was just thinking in my car on my way home about how we combined Helen and Tesla to make Teslen and then was giggling about the idea of Helen calling Niko "Magneto Man" and then i was thinking that Mag is in Magnus and Magneto....

aaanddd thus it hit me in a giggle fit: Magniko

im lame i know
                    OMG I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!! AAAAH they are SO meant to be...even their names fit. lol

btw, I FOUND THIS FREAKING AWESOMETASTIC FIC by cutecat aka blackkitty479 : The Other Side IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!! *flails insanely*
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!! AAAAH they are SO meant to be...even their names fit. lol

btw, I FOUND THIS FREAKING AWESOMETASTIC FIC by cutecat aka blackkitty479 : The Other Side IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!! *flails insanely*
                      hahaha glad that you like that little creation my brain came up

and omg THAT FIC IS GREATTTT!!!! thanks for sharing!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's almost like Magnificent... Magniko is Magnificent LOL I sense a banner...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

It's almost like Magnificent... Magniko is Magnificent LOL I sense a banner...
                          hahaha YESSS EXACTLY i also sense a banner....*sits back and waits for this banner to appear ;P*
                          sigpic

Comment

haha it ain't happening tonight
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

haha it ain't happening tonight
                              LMAO we could always wait for somebody else to do it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                                LMAO we could always wait for somebody else to do it
                                true
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X