Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    After watching Mini's great vids I decided to make a Sanctuary music vid....Ok so Mandy threatened to bite if I didn't post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZqud6CLTQ

Hope you like it
    Great video JanSam!!

Comment

After watching Mini's great vids I decided to make a Sanctuary music vid....Ok so Mandy threatened to bite if I didn't post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZqud6CLTQ

Hope you like it
      Wonderful! Loved the music, perfect choice.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I did, but I'll try it again. Do you think part of my problem is that when I download it, it's a zip file? I don't seem to be able to open it or see an option to unzip.
        When you downloaded did you see the 'Flash movie' and a box at the right saying your download was successfull? I kept on seeing the movie - The download I clicked on said it was the Flash 9.0 but after a successful download it said it had successfully loaded 8 BUT when I re-started my computer and checked to see what version I had - Flash 9.0 was there, then I went to the Sanctuary site and was able to view the trailer. There's a page on the Flash site that tells you what version of Flash you have in your computer. Dan Woodland sent me the link. If you continue to have problems send an email to him or , if you can get on the Sanctuary Forum on their site you can ask him on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qT6Sfmxy0

I edited a Sanctuary TV Spot. It is only around 30 seconds long.
          That was great.

Comment

Originally posted by starprops View Post
            When you downloaded did you see the 'Flash movie' and a box at the right saying your download was successfull? I kept on seeing the movie - The download I clicked on said it was the Flash 9.0 but after a successful download it said it had successfully loaded 8 BUT when I re-started my computer and checked to see what version I had - Flash 9.0 was there, then I went to the Sanctuary site and was able to view the trailer. There's a page on the Flash site that tells you what version of Flash you have in your computer. Dan Woodland sent me the link. If you continue to have problems send an email to him or , if you can get on the Sanctuary Forum on their site you can ask him on there.
            Thanks. I downloaded the trailer itself ok and it will play on my computer. My "add/remove programs" shows "Adobe FlashPlayer 9 Active X" in the programs I have. But when I click on "watch now" on the sanctuary site I just get a blank black screen with no sign that anything's happening. As long as I can download it and play it, I'm happy, but I do remain confused.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Thanks. I downloaded the trailer itself ok and it will play on my computer. My "add/remove programs" shows "Adobe FlashPlayer 9 Active X" in the programs I have. But when I click on "watch now" on the sanctuary site I just get a blank black screen with no sign that anything's happening. As long as I can download it and play it, I'm happy, but I do remain confused.
              Don't know if this helps but I found this on the Sanctuary Forums addressing the blank screen issue...

Well, after reinstalling the flashplayer and downloading Firefox browser, I discovered that it was my Norton Internet Security preventing me from viewing the player. I just disabled it and now I can view it with both Firefox and IE7.

Maybe try adding Sanctuaryforall.com as a trusted site if your using Nortons.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                Wow. Mandy's habit was used for good and not evil this time!

I'm salivating, and shall have to go watch your vid ASAP.

ETA2: JanSam! This is so cool. I'm so amazed that you were able to do so much with only about 3 minutes of footage!
                Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                Great video JanSam!!
                Originally posted by tagger View Post
                Wonderful! Loved the music, perfect choice.
                ***blushes*** Thanks for the compliments!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Yep, see I'm not all bad I threatened persuaded JanSam to post this most awesme video...my good work is done for the day...now back to being evil
                Yes Mandy we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself from the effort it must have taken.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't know if this helps but I found this on the Sanctuary Forums addressing the blank screen issue...

Well, after reinstalling the flashplayer and downloading Firefox browser, I discovered that it was my Norton Internet Security preventing me from viewing the player. I just disabled it and now I can view it with both Firefox and IE7.

Maybe try adding Sanctuaryforall.com as a trusted site if your using Nortons.
                  Yep it was Norton that was doing it to me, I just found out
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yep it was Norton that was doing it to me, I just found out
                    Glad you figured it out before you tried using the drop test
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad you figured it out before you tried using the drop test
                      No Jan that's your tried and true method
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

No no no, it's called "percussive maintenance" children. If all else fails, thump it.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Don't laugh, that is a legitimate method in some technical failure cases... <checks CompTIA membership>

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          No no no, it's called "percussive maintenance" children. If all else fails, thump it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                            Don't laugh, that is a legitimate method in some technical failure cases... <checks CompTIA membership>
                            Indeed. See also - Pleading with the blessed thing to behave itself, Threatening it with pyhsical violence, and Swearing at it until it does what you want it to do.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Indeed. See also - Pleading with the blessed thing to behave itself, Threatening it with pyhsical violence, and Swearing at it until it does what you want it to do.
                              Oh so that's my problem...not enough bad language
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh so that's my problem...not enough bad language
                                Well, there's also the ol' IT Department stand by - "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X