Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizzare Star View Post
    I'm not exactly "Up in arms" just really sad. It's a horrible fate for a person to grow so much and then have it all taken away like it never existed. She was the most important person in the universe but she has the same "whatever, I'm a nobody temp" mentality she had before she met the Doctor.
    Exactly! It's a horrible tragedy, but the writers should not be forced to give everybody happy endings. Sometimes horrific things happen to good people and it needs to happen sometimes on TV to stop us getting too complacent about our heroes' fates. If this had happened on Stargate to Beckett or Janet I would have been far happier than with the pointless meaningless deaths they got.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
      Exactly! It's a horrible tragedy, but the writers should not be forced to give everybody happy endings. Sometimes horrific things happen to good people and it needs to happen sometimes on TV to stop us getting too complacent about our heroes' fates. If this had happened on Stargate to Beckett or Janet I would have been far happier than with the pointless meaningless deaths they got.
      I'm not saying they should give everyone happy endings. The sad endings are what makes shows memorable. All I'm saying really is that Donna got tragic ending. Something far worse than death.

Comment

Sometimes heroes have tragic ends. At least her's still leaves the door open for her to become a better and stronger person, even without the Doctor. Her mom and gramps know her potential, maybe they can steer her towards a brighter future where she won't feel like or be a nobody.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Sometimes heroes have tragic ends. At least her's still leaves the door open for her to become a better and stronger person, even without the Doctor. Her mom and gramps know her potential, maybe they can steer her towards a brighter future where she won't feel like or be a nobody.
          I hope so. Unfortunately, it might be something we never get to see.

I am VERY excited over the next season. I'm very curious as how Moffat is going to take over.

Comment

I can't wait for the Christmas Special... Any one know when that might air in the U.S.?? I absolutely agree with the need for the occasional "sad ending" to one of the heroes... i don't think I will ever forget the sound of the Doctor telling Donna's Mum & Gramps that if she ever remembered "She would burn up"... it gave me chills!!!
            <mod insert> do not remove from tag until fixed
            Spoiler:

Geeks are hot!!

Comment

i agree with u that its sad. it is also sad that she did not chose it but in the end they all leave even in the old series he either locked them out left them or they died so in retrospect she got it easy
              sigpic

Comment

Just realized that Donna's a combination of Rose and Martha.
                Rose: The DoctorDonna mirrored Bad Wolf Rose: all that power and ability but it was destroying her, and it had to be taken away by the Doctor, thankfully without a kiss.
                Martha: In 'Turn Left', she had to live for a year in that nightmare world just like Martha did in the Master episodes. Unlike Martha, she actually died for the Doctor, a man she didn't even know. Love you, Donna. You made me proud to be a Who fan.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

i never thought of that but your right she is a combination of rose and Martha
                  sigpic

Comment

Has anyone worked out how Jenny is a paradox? And how does she tie into that hand under the tardis console?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i do not know but like the hand she is made from the doctor. the hand became a human doctor and she came from the doctors dna in his arm/hand but i don't know if that is the connection is the one your talking about.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                        i do not know but like the hand she is made from the doctor. the hand became a human doctor and she came from the doctors dna in his arm/hand but i don't know if that is the connection is the one your talking about.

I don't know which episode it was mentioned in but the Doctor says that jenny is a paradox and tha the hand in the jar was the cause

Comment

From what I can remember, I think it was because she didn't actually exist when the TARDIS decided to take things into its own...well it doesn't have hands, but you know what I mean. By going to that planet, Jenny was created, and the Doctor then needed to help her. So I think the paradox was that the TARDIS wanted the Doctor to help someone who didn't actually exist, meaning he had to create her first.

It's probably all to do with the wibbly wobbly timey-wimey...stuff.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            From what I can remember, I think it was because she didn't actually exist when the TARDIS decided to take things into its own...well it doesn't have hands, but you know what I mean. By going to that planet, Jenny was created, and the Doctor then needed to help her. So I think the paradox was that the TARDIS wanted the Doctor to help someone who didn't actually exist, meaning he had to create her first.

It's probably all to do with the wibbly wobbly timey-wimey...stuff.

Not to mention that it would seem the TARDIS got clucky

Comment

well the doctor always said the tardis was alive.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                                well the doctor always said the tardis was alive.

But not "that alive" hehehe

BTW I had to LMFO at the banner ad on top of this page before I replied as it was for a christian dating agency

Comment

Working...
                                X