Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leilore
    replied
    What happened to Donna was sad and tragic. But as a piece of writing, it is well done and certainly much better than your typical boring ending. Based on the reactions around here, the writers go the reaction they were hoping for.

I'm gonna miss Donna. She was my favorite companion to 10.

I will never stop finding the Daleks ridiculous even knowing they are part of the history of this show. However, they were well used in this episode. Davros was a fun villain. Nice to know what happened to Dalek Caan.

I love all the companions getting together and doing their thing. The Earth-towing scene was silly but it was the fun kind of silly. Did the TARDIS put a shield around Earth so that no major catastrophe happens? Like earthquakes and tsunamis? I had no idea the TARDIS can even tow planets.

I was pretty meh on Rose. She got her own Doctor now. Hope she's happy with that. She really needs to move on with her life. I prefer if she just moves on with her life without Metacrisis Doctor. I feel bad for this one. He's not the real Doctor but has all his memories. It would be nice to see what happens with him.

Finally, David Tennant. Always amazing. He does angst so well.

Overall, a really great episode.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Another thing I wondered.

I've been watching all the series on DVD back from the 2005 series.

I just finished series 4..... The episode where they did the unforgivable to a companion and figuratively killed Donna Noble. What the writers did to her at the end broke my heart. I can't forgive that piece of writing.

Anyway the reality bomb was supposed to break down the electrical bonds of atoms and thus eradicate everything it touches. Well isn't that the same thing as a disintegrator gun? I mean that does basically the same thing. So why give it a fancy name? It's just a whopping big version of the same thing, isn't it?

Also what they were doing makes no sense. If they wipe everything out what then? Nothing to do? Nowhere to travel to. Fricking idiots..

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    No, this is the one where they return Earth to its proper location and where Rose gets her own half-human Doctor in her alternate universe.

I really enjoyed this one, even if the experience was somewhat spoiled by our local broadcaster that had neglected to inform viewers of a change in schedule so I couldn't even DVR it. Watched it online, but the quality doesn't compare to HD broadcasts.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Is this the one where they travel to the Shadow Proclamation?

Does anyone have what the Doctor says to the Judoon written down. I'm trying to learn that line?

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    i agree with u

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Could that fix Donna?

I am trying to think up crazy fan ideas to repair Donna
    Possibly but it could be quite dangerous to do so. Besides I think that was pretty much wrecked when the Doctor stopped The Timelords.

But even then I'm not sure it would cos from the looks of it the Immortality Gate fixes physical issues. And from the sounds of it Donnas issueis that she simply has too much knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    it is an interesting concept

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    What about it?

Could that fix Donna?

I am trying to think up crazy fan ideas to repair Donna

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    OK thanks..........what about the Immortality gate then?
    What about it?

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Quite simple.

The Doctor had essentially a Timelord mind and nervous system still, whereas donna merely had a timelord mind downloaded into her brain.

Think of it like this.

We can assume that a Timelord has at least some form of genetic memory. This would explain how the Human Doctor still knows who he is even though he is grown from just a hand. It would also explain how the Doctor retains all his memories even when his entire genetic structure alters during regeneration.

Now the hand was filled with regeneration energy from when the Doctor aborted his therefore it only required Donna to touch it to kickstart the process. I think that this was somewhat like the nanogenes from the Empty child, whereby the regeneration process took Donnas DNA as a template meaning that it created the Doctor with a Human body. However the Timelord genetic material was retained and therefore so was hims memories and his nervous system.
    In essence the Human Doctor had the anatomy of a human but the mind of a Timelord still.

During this process it is clear that there was also some transference over to Donna. I'm assuming this is down to the Timelords psychic abilities. Therefore the Doctors mind was downloaded into Donnas brain. But otherwise Donna was just a normal human. Her DNA was still human. It was just the contents of her brain that had become Timelord. Her genetics hadn't really altered.

As for the Chameleon arch, well it was built to alter Timelord DNA. Something that they are able to do through regeneration anyway so quite frankly their bodies are used to it. A human body however is much more fragile and besides that since Donna was still human you'd just be extracting the memories, which is not it's primary purpose. It was much more easily executed by the Doctor doing the psychic link and hiding the memories from her.

OK thanks..........what about the Immortality gate then?

Leave a comment:

• P-90_177
    replied
    Howcome the clone Doctor who is half human and half Time Lord I think doesn't have the same problem and explode like Donna might?

And while we are at that why can't the Doctor use something like the Chameleon arch to cure Donna make her whole human again?
    Quite simple.

The Doctor had essentially a Timelord mind and nervous system still, whereas donna merely had a timelord mind downloaded into her brain.

Think of it like this.

We can assume that a Timelord has at least some form of genetic memory. This would explain how the Human Doctor still knows who he is even though he is grown from just a hand. It would also explain how the Doctor retains all his memories even when his entire genetic structure alters during regeneration.

Now the hand was filled with regeneration energy from when the Doctor aborted his therefore it only required Donna to touch it to kickstart the process. I think that this was somewhat like the nanogenes from the Empty child, whereby the regeneration process took Donnas DNA as a template meaning that it created the Doctor with a Human body. However the Timelord genetic material was retained and therefore so was hims memories and his nervous system.
    In essence the Human Doctor had the anatomy of a human but the mind of a Timelord still.

During this process it is clear that there was also some transference over to Donna. I'm assuming this is down to the Timelords psychic abilities. Therefore the Doctors mind was downloaded into Donnas brain. But otherwise Donna was just a normal human. Her DNA was still human. It was just the contents of her brain that had become Timelord. Her genetics hadn't really altered.

As for the Chameleon arch, well it was built to alter Timelord DNA. Something that they are able to do through regeneration anyway so quite frankly their bodies are used to it. A human body however is much more fragile and besides that since Donna was still human you'd just be extracting the memories, which is not it's primary purpose. It was much more easily executed by the Doctor doing the psychic link and hiding the memories from her.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Howcome the clone Doctor who is half human and half Time Lord I think doesn't have the same problem and explode like Donna might?

And while we are at that why can't the Doctor use something like the Chameleon arch to cure Donna make her whole human again?

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    hmm thats an interesting question. i don't know but it reminds me of what submarines do when a enemy is close they run silent and don't make a sound because altho the other sub hasn't bugged the other sub there equipment can pick up the sound waves maybe the daleks have equipment that does the same thing. or maybe he is just crazy from just being born. or both

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    I have another question....... When Clone Doctor moved the TARDIS away from the Crucible why all that guff about being quiet and not talking? Did the Daleks bug the TARDIS so that they could hear them talking?

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    i also would love to read it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X