Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm more than sure Jack will fix his teleport thingy or just find something else to use. He has plenty of time to figure that out.

    Comment


      yes i agree he could fix it and make it tamper proof. but i also think that the wrighters may at sometime bring him back but if they don't i would hope that we could see more in touchwood
      sigpic

      Comment


        I still don't understand the whole metarisis thing..... Seems that the 2nd Doctor is also half human and half timelord. Yet has the Doc's intelligence, and memories, and a part of Donna's personality too it would seem..... Yet no harm in him dying of burnout

        Yet the same effects altered Donna but she has to have a mindwipe or risk dying.. Isn't she basically the same thing?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I still don't understand the whole metarisis thing..... Seems that the 2nd Doctor is also half human and half timelord. Yet has the Doc's intelligence, and memories, and a part of Donna's personality too it would seem..... Yet no harm in him dying of burnout

          Yet the same effects altered Donna but she has to have a mindwipe or risk dying.. Isn't she basically the same thing?
          I'd think it depends which half is which. For example, the 2nd Doctor probably has a Time Lord brain, but the rest of his physiology is more human, i.e. one heart, no regeneration or other nifty biological gifts. But his brain, a direct copy of the real Doctor's, is sound.

          In Donna's case, a human brain just can't hold the information a Time Lord's can, and she isn't really a Time Lord hybrid, or at least, she wasn't born as one (which 2nd Doctor was...sort of), she just caught the backwash of 2nd Doctor coming into existence, and as such, she could only function as an ad hoc Time Lady for a brief period before her human frailty caught up and the Doctor's knowledge began to break down.

          In other words, Doctor 2 is Time Lord first, human second, whereas Donna is human first, Time Lord second. If that makes sense.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

          Comment


            Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            I'd think it depends which half is which. For example, the 2nd Doctor probably has a Time Lord brain, but the rest of his physiology is more human, i.e. one heart, no regeneration or other nifty biological gifts. But his brain, a direct copy of the real Doctor's, is sound.

            In Donna's case, a human brain just can't hold the information a Time Lord's can, and she isn't really a Time Lord hybrid, or at least, she wasn't born as one (which 2nd Doctor was...sort of), she just caught the backwash of 2nd Doctor coming into existence, and as such, she could only function as an ad hoc Time Lady for a brief period before her human frailty caught up and the Doctor's knowledge began to break down.

            In other words, Doctor 2 is Time Lord first, human second, whereas Donna is human first, Time Lord second. If that makes sense.

            Yes it makes sense.........


            I do hoe they write a scene, even a short scene where they can fix her up... What a terrible life she must be living.. And how do you shield someone from the world and all the news of recent events....

            Remember any info of them will make her explode and die
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

            Comment


              I'd hope it's inevitable, given the really strong fan reaction to that ending. But I can't see it happening!!

              And I suppose the Doctor was kind of counting on mindwiped Donna being as ignorant as she was when he first met her in The Runaway Bride, i.e. she didn't know that a massive alien spacecraft had hovered over London on Christmas day and so on. But yeah, I'd bet it's still a hell of a task for her mum and Wilf to prevent her finding out about it all.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                I'd hope it's inevitable, given the really strong fan reaction to that ending. But I can't see it happening!!

                And I suppose the Doctor was kind of counting on mindwiped Donna being as ignorant as she was when he first met her in The Runaway Bride, i.e. she didn't know that a massive alien spacecraft had hovered over London on Christmas day and so on. But yeah, I'd bet it's still a hell of a task for her mum and Wilf to prevent her finding out about it all.


                I didn't know there was a lot of fan reaction to that. I felt like I was the only one that has felt that strongly over this?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                Comment


                  I love Davros what a hypocrite in that he calls the Doctor a butcher for what he did in the time war, and yet what the hell did he and his Daleks do?

                  And please NO MORE FRICKING DALEKS....... I just got spoiled that they're appearing in one of the proposed new specials.......

                  I'm so over them. Can we have no more Daleks for 20 years. I'm so over them.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                  Comment


                    I definitely got the impression that most people who saw that episode feel much the same way about Donna's fate, and not just on Gateworld!! Maybe it's because I feel that strongly, but I'm pretty sure it's a widespread opinion.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      I love Davros what a hypocrite in that he calls the Doctor a butcher for what he did in the time war, and yet what the hell did he and his Daleks do?
                      But Davros never claimed to be otherwise. The Doctor has always claimed the moral high ground.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        I love Davros what a hypocrite in that he calls the Doctor a butcher for what he did in the time war, and yet what the hell did he and his Daleks do?
                        Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                        But Davros never claimed to be otherwise. The Doctor has always claimed the moral high ground.

                        Yeah I see your point. After watching a few episodes I get that. The Doctor always seems to claim the moral high ground.. But given the rather unusual circumstances of the time war which I hope we get to see I wonder if it was a case of the end justifying those drastic actions on his part.... In the end he wiped out both races.... Maybe it was an unfiltered delta wave..... Hence his reluctance to use it in "Parting of the ways" only he could not remember.



                        BTW the shadow proclamation was cool but I don't think they'd have the numbers or firepower to have gotten involved with Daleks
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          I definitely got the impression that most people who saw that episode feel much the same way about Donna's fate, and not just on Gateworld!! Maybe it's because I feel that strongly, but I'm pretty sure it's a widespread opinion.
                          It's defiantly widespread. Doctor Who communities that I'm part of believe the same thing. Also, I was at the book store and happened upon a Doctor Who magazine. A random person saw this and yelled "YOU LIKE DOCTOR WHO?!" After talking a while we both agreed Donna's fate sucked bananas.

                          Comment


                            Am I really the only person who isn't up in arms over Donna's fate?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              Am I really the only person who isn't up in arms over Donna's fate?
                              I'm not exactly "Up in arms" just really sad. It's a horrible fate for a person to grow so much and then have it all taken away like it never existed. She was the most important person in the universe but she has the same "whatever, I'm a nobody temp" mentality she had before she met the Doctor.

                              Comment


                                I think her fate was incredibly sad, but someone had to lose big time coming out of that confrontation. I'm only sorry that she didn't willingly choose to have the Doctor remove her memories.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X