Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Yes it was Zoe...... She kept the ratings up with male viewers when the show was brand new.
    See, I had no idea who you were talking about with the skintight catsuit, until you mentioned teh sparkly, probably because I had an Emma Peel moment.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
      See, I had no idea who you were talking about with the skintight catsuit, until you mentioned teh sparkly, probably because I had an Emma Peel moment.

      Ah, Emma Peel. Another good one from the 60s
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

      Comment


        I just watch the episode (couldn't for sci-fi any longer lol),Loved the episode. kinda bittersweet with Rose and the Doctor though, poor Doctor 1.

        One thing though, I think Doctor one committed a much more serious offense then Doctor 2's genocide (although in the same position I would of destroyed the Daleks too...them or us...I pick them) Anyways the Doctor 1 crime was taking Donna's memories, our memories and experiences are who we are for the Doctor to take that away from Donna was just wrong. I highly doubt that its what Donna wanted, I'd rather die with my memories intact. I really hope we haven't heard the last of Donna and the Doctor finds a way to restore her memories without killing her.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Yes it was Zoe...... She kept the ratings up with male viewers when the show was brand new.
          While the female viewers enjoyed Fraiser Hines in a kilt

          Comment


            Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            I really, *really* want to see this in future eps. I know it's probably an expense issue as it involves building new sets but in four years of new Who we've NEVER seen anything more of the TARDIS than the control room and a brief glimpse of a wardrobe room. I vaguely recall in the classic series seeing lots of different rooms in the TARDIS and I want to see this explored more in new Who.
            I agree! Heck - in the classic series there's even a swimming pool in there!!
            sigpic

            Comment


              Going to miss Donna..she was truly what the Doctor needed..a friend. The emotion in her eyes and voice when she says "why don't you ask her yourself" as she sees Rose standing behind him...

              While I can agree that the "Eternal Death for the Doctor's most faithful Companion" could be mean Donna...I'm still half convinced that it might have refered to Rose..as she's now permanently exiled to the alternate universe. And they did refer to her being there as "this is the story of how I died"...

              Daleks speaking German...too funny!

              Donna's Grandfather...telling the Doctor that he'll keep and eye out for him..."for Donna" - FANTASTIC!

              Please someone...let me know if I'm crazy...but I believe that in the classic series it was made known that the Doctor's Mother is human...from Earth and that is why he is so fixated on the planet. It could be something I read in the books...but it was so long ago...

              Also - if that's true..I wish they could explore the Doctor meeting some of his "relatives" on his Mother's side...

              OT for a second:

              Spoiler:
              Anyone know if Torchwood is coming back for Season 3 and if the Sarah Jane Adventures was renewed for Season 2??
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                Please someone...let me know if I'm crazy...but I believe that in the classic series it was made known that the Doctor's Mother is human...from Earth and that is why he is so fixated on the planet. It could be something I read in the books...but it was so long ago...
                I'm by no means an expert but I think that was something mentioned in passing in the movie (8th Doctor)? I know it's something that has been much discussed and the canonicity of it debated.

                Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                OT for a second:

                Spoiler:
                Anyone know if Torchwood is coming back for Season 3 and if the Sarah Jane Adventures was renewed for Season 2??
                Yes to both - but Torchwood Season 3 will only have 5 episodes!
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Yes to both - but Torchwood Season 3 will only have 5 episodes!
                  Do you have any idea why? Are they just wrapping up a story line and then cancelling it?

                  I'd be crushed.... I think Torchwood has been brilliant (for the most part)
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                    Do you have any idea why? Are they just wrapping up a story line and then cancelling it?

                    I'd be crushed.... I think Torchwood has been brilliant (for the most part)
                    I don't know. I only know the number because there's a thread about it in the Doctor Who forum here... that would be the best place to look for further info.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Why did the Timelords exile the Doctor to Earth for a period? What did he do to pee them off?
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Why did the Timelords exile the Doctor to Earth for a period? What did he do to pee them off?
                        Basically to answer for his crimes of stealing his TARDIS and traveling the universe which goes against the TimeLords laws of none interference with less advanced life forms. The Doctor manages to convince the Timelords though that there is evil to be fought in the universe and they decide that Earth pretty well draws trouble to it like a magnet. So they wipe all memory of how to control the TARDIS from the Doctors mind and send him there. Basically it's so that he can still watch over Earth but at the same time he can't make trouble else where in the universe.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Basically to answer for his crimes of stealing his TARDIS and traveling the universe which goes against the TimeLords laws of none interference with less advanced life forms. The Doctor manages to convince the Timelords though that there is evil to be fought in the universe and they decide that Earth pretty well draws trouble to it like a magnet. So they wipe all memory of how to control the TARDIS from the Doctors mind and send him there. Basically it's so that he can still watch over Earth but at the same time he can't make trouble else where in the universe.
                          ... Unless, of course, there's some sort of urgent emergency that requires immediate Time Lord intervention and they're too hypcrite to do it themselves
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            ... Unless, of course, there's some sort of urgent emergency that requires immediate Time Lord intervention and they're too hypcrite to do it themselves

                            You mean like in Genesis Of The Daleks....... "We can't do this but we'll send you instead"




                            "runs off"
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                            Comment


                              I don't know about hypocritical. Certainly the Doctor was used as a deniable agent though.

                              "What? Attempted genocide against the Dalek? That was the Doctor; he just does this stuff."
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                No, It's clone Doctor, not 11th Doctor ( half-human and half Time Lord); he had all of original Doctor's memories, just one heart and one life. He can't regenerate himself but can age to be with Rose until natures of their deaths. The original Doctor punished clone Doctor to stay in paralled world with Rose and her family for exterminating Dalek race as Original was shocked. Doctor asks Rose to help clone Doctor to be better person like she did with 9th Doctor. Now TARDIS' gone, as Rose started a new life with her human Doctor. I believe that they will get married and have children soon.

                                I think whats hes meaning is that at the END of The Stolen Earth, The Doctor Started to Regenerate...To be contunied, Then at the Start of Journey's End, he focused his regenerative power to his hand so he used his old hand template to still be the same doctor just re-regenerate. Im my eyes, The Current Doctor- and not the one in the Parallel world with Rose!, would now be the 11th Doctor, but many might not see it that way. ABout half way thru Journey's Earth, Thats when the Clone Doctor came into existance
                                Last edited by GateTrek2004; July 24, 2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: Added Clone info
                                sigpic
                                Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X