Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Yeah, Tegan's aunt and a passing motorcycle cop as well...
    It wasn't the same but then SFX have changed... I guess if they had the tech back then it would have looked the same. It was more Land of the Giants then LotR.

Comment

Strictly speaking, the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator was purely and simply a weapon - the sole purpose of which was to kill people by compressing their body tissue.

Wheras the Sonic Screwdriver and Laser Screwdriver-thingy are more like the Time Lord equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife.
      Last edited by BruTak; 02 July 2007, 12:42 AM. Reason: Typo.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Strictly speaking, the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator was purely and simply a weapon - the sole purpose of which was to kill people by compressing their body tissue.
        Yeah that whole death thing does make them different, and the whole point of aging The Doctor was revenge... and just because he could.

I do not see the two as the same, and in no way makes what he did in LotTL a continuation of canon. I was just saying if the SFX had of been available back in the day then they may well have looked the same instead of looking like rejects from LotG.

btw it wasn't the laser that made him age it was the adaptation of it into the same tech as the Lazarus machine that did that.

Comment

If the Sonic Screwdriver is a 'Timelord Swiss Army Knife' isn't it possible he added the Tissue compressor to it

Comment

Listening to the commentary.... The script for LotTL was written before Gridlock was filmed. So RTD added the words "old friend" to the dialogue between FoB and the Doctor. I'm glad.

Also spoilers for Martha post s3:
            Spoiler:
            RTD says Martha has an exciting onscreen future

Madeleine

Comment

Is it true
              Spoiler:
              She may turn up in Torchwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Is it true
                Spoiler:
                She may turn up in Torchwood?
                So it would appear, yes.

Spoiler:
                Oh and Martha and Ianto have got to do the old "No relation" gag.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                  Fantastic Episode.

You make a good point.

From this, I see two possabilities. Either The Master has somehow been 'stored' in that ring, or Lucy knew something special about it, of which Master had told her, and she plans to use it for some power struggle of her own in some future episode.

Regardless of what will happen, there is something that can follow on from that storyline.I guess The Sun weren't *Officially* wrong. Ahem.

Neither did I.

I was reading in the Daily Mirror today, that a very big thing comes of Jack. I was actually thinking that he was a Timelord too, though in Human form (had one of them watches somewhere). I didn't expect him to be the Face of Bo, oh no.

Ironic really. The Tardis, has Shields and can withstand an attack from a Dalek Fleet, yet can get rammed quite easily, by a Ship.

Weird also, that the Tardis actually has a huge gaping hole in it now. How he is going to fix that one, I do not know

Likewise, if this is the case, she couldn't have said 'I'm leaving' either. If she has a contract, she can't say much if she is told not to. She wouldn't have been able to say she was going if she wasn't allowed.

As said by DarkJedi, Torchwood is coming back for Season 2 in the UK (soon), so you'll see Jack in that. However, in regards to seeing him on Dr Who again, I wouldn't rule out the possability. The Door has been left open for him
                  Maybe The Master will do what he did in the Doctor Who Tv Movie where he turned into black liquid and took over someone else's body?

As for the TARDIS, well its been said a few times that its a living organism meaning that it could repair itself as the reason is to why Martha said in The Sound Of Drums when it was turned into a Paradox Machine that it looks "sick". So thats why they didnt need to show how the TARDIS went back to normal after the Paradox machine was destroyed by Capt. Jack Harkness.

Martha will definitely be back in Season 4 maybe in the Christmas Special otherwise what was the point of giving The Doctor here Super Mobile?

As for Torchwood, well its definitely coming back soon.

As for the reason Capt. Jack Harkness is the Face Of Bo, well think about it, it would explain how he can teleport and how he lived for ages knowing everything bout the Doctor and also explains Gridlock when the Face Of Bo/Jack states that The Doctor isnt alone is because he can remember The Master on The Valiant. All I can say is dat i can't wait for Season 4!!!!
                  Last edited by charlie shakey; 02 July 2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    I have lost ALL respect for RTD and his team.

Dont get me wrong. The acting was fantastic with the story being mostly brilliant.

But these things really ticked me off:
                    1. Killing The Master for good. How the bloody hell could the crew of Doctor Who just kill of such an iconic character with a single bullet, after all he and the Doctor have been through?

2. Martha leaving! What the f***!!! Why? Freema was a brilliant actor. She was briging in a new audiance. So why leave the show?!?

3. Im not a Lord Of The Rings fan but what was the point of ripping it off by changing the Doctor into Gollum?!?

4. Jack, The Face Of Boe?!? Lame!

3/10

(So angry )
                    Didn't like the story line that much - it was ok, but please dont let RTD write anymore - though I will admit that this is one of the better story lines. Steven Moffat is a much better writer.
                    The whole thing with the Toclafane reminded me of the season finale of Season 2 with the cybermen.
                    Shame the Ewoks weren't invited to the Funeral, mini death stars aren't a viable option and the Master regenerates as Servalan

'All of this has happened before
                    And all of this will happen again
                    So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by charlie shakey View Post
                      Martha will definitely be back in Season 4 maybe in the Christmas Special otherwise what was the point of giving The Doctor here Super Mobile?
                      BBC reports today:
                      Doctor Who is to have a new companion when the drama returns - but there will still be room for his current co-star.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6260374.stm

Warning - may contain very slight Torchwood/Dr Who spoliers.

'All of this has happened before
                      And all of this will happen again
                      So say we all.'

Comment

Wheras the Sonic Screwdriver and Laser Screwdriver-thingy are more like the Time Lord equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife.
                        ...only in MacGyver's hands
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

So it would appear, yes.

Spoiler:
                          Oh and Martha and Ianto have got to do the old "No relation" gag.
                          That might be worth watching the second series for.

Any rumours flying as to who the new companion might be?

Comment

Nothing official yet. But the Sun speculates that actor Tom Ellis (Dr. Tom Milligan in "Last of the Time Lords") is in the frame.

Personally, I'd like to see the new companion be someone that the Doctor meets during the course of the Christmas Special "Voyage of the Damned".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              That might be worth watching the second series for.

Any rumours flying as to who the new companion might be?
                              Just rumopurs, but someone claimed Muilligan from the episode. Doubt it tho. but apparently the Christmas Special companion has been confirmed...
                              Spoiler:
                              And it is Kylie Minogue after all, depsite RTD lying (again) and saying it isn't
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                Just rumopurs, but someone claimed Muilligan from the episode. Doubt it tho. but apparently the Christmas Special companion has been confirmed...
                                Spoiler:
                                And it is Kylie Minogue after all, depsite RTD lying (again) and saying it isn't
                                Oh, good God in Govan NO!

Enough with the celebrity appearances! What do they think this is? 60's Batman?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X