Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Strictly speaking, the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator was purely and simply a weapon - the sole purpose of which was to kill people by compressing their body tissue.

Wheras the Sonic Screwdriver and Laser Screwdriver-thingy are more like the Time Lord equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife.
    ...only in MacGyver's hands
    I had the same feeling... that the Sonic Screwdriver was nothing more than a MacGyver in a glowy wimby stick.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Never mind the nail polish! Forget the nail polish! All the nail polish proves is that a woman has the Master's ring.

Which part of "the hands are too big to be Lucy's" do you fail to comprehend?
    How about Ms. Osborne? She was in episode 12 doing a cameo...
    Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
    Spoiler:
    "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
    "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
    "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
    "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
    "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

maybe the boe kind were actually jack going around making love to humans, aliens, robots and spirit creatures and giving them some of his immortality and so some time they evolved in to the big heads or similar but they all died out cos they wasnt the real thing, they had a sample of jacks life but jack was the real deal and lived out his life..

crazy i know
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
        How about Ms. Osborne? She was in episode 12 doing a cameo...
        Egad! Sharon Osbourne as an evil Time Lady? That would work.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Sharon Osbourne could play the Rani!!!!!

(Except, of course, they'd have to *bleep* her dialogue.)
          Last edited by docballen; 03 July 2007, 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling
          "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Sod Sharon Osbourne, bring on Ozzy as the Master reborn

Comment

I'm American, and I have a question that I need answered.

What is "mashed swede"????

Comment

Originally posted by docballen View Post

A swede is a vegetable similar to a turnip.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

edit: ^Are they the same thing, BruTak? I can never tell the difference.

Originally posted by docballen View Post

Mashed swede is, mashed swede, or as we call them in Scotland, 'neeps. Why do you want to know this? Was there a reference in the episode?

They are turnips crushed down by a potato masher to a consistency like mashed potatoes.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                    edit: ^Are they the same thing, BruTak? I can never tell the difference.

Mashed swede is, mashed swede, or as we call them in Scotland, 'neeps. Why do you want to know this? Was there a reference in the episode?

They are turnips crushed down by a potato masher to a consistency like mashed potatoes.
                    Yes. Jack is all chained to the wall. Tish brings in his food and starts to feed him-- I think he makes the comment "couldn't they bring me something other than mashed swede?"

We don't have anything that we call "mashed swede" here in the USA. We'd call it mashed turnips... if we ate anything like that.

(And "grits" are like a runny polenta... corn meal mush...and they are a "Southern" delicacy. Where I live you don't eat them regularly... unless you get them at a restaraunt.)

Comment

What you have to consider, is that John Barrowman was born in Glasgow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see. I didn't remember Jack saying that. I was distracted a few times during the finale. If I ask for turnips and potatoes, I say, neeps n tatties - served with haggis. Do we call them "Swedes" up here, Bru? I thought it was more of an English term.

It's amazing how so many references are lost in translation between our countries. I've always wondered what Grits were. I know they were usually served in the South, but I had no idea what they consisted of.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                          Ah, I see. I didn't remember Jack saying that. I was distracted a few times during the finale. If I ask for turnips and potatoes, I say, neeps n tatties - served with haggis. Do we call them "Swedes" up here, Bru? I thought it was more of an English term.

It's amazing how so many references are lost in translation between our countries. I've always wondered what Grits were. I know they were usually served in the South, but I had no idea what they consisted of.
                          I think it's more a regional thing Mister F. Like the ol' "salt n' vinegar", "salt n' sauce" thing.

As for Grits... Some manner of fried potato product?
                          sigpic

Comment

Having worked for the Scot's Guards I'm still in the habit of calling them Neeps and I'm English

Comment

Tumshie is another fine Scottish word meaning a turnip.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows View Post
                                i think that the finale was fantastic, except for a few parts, but, i do believe that it makes perfect sense for jack to be the face of bo, because how else would the face of bo know that there was another timelord...i think the master dieing forever(if that is truely what is happening)is one of the stupidest things ever...but i believe he'll come back somehow...
                                I think its delicious irony to consider that Jack is the Face of Boe. A modern Apollo (alien?), somewhat narcissistic, changing over the years to become more like Jabba the Hutt's slightly more attractive cousin. It's wicked.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X