No announcement yet.

Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every 7 years, your entire body has "regerated" or replaced itself. So after millions of 7 year repeats, I'm sure that Jack could have slowly evolved.

And yes, I don't think he's dead, but simply about to be "reborn" again like he's been for hundreds of times.
    Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
    Spoiler:
    "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
    "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
    "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
    "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
    "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Well, he's been Captain Jack and he's been the Face of Boe, maybe he'll come back as something else. Which is probably what you just said, only in words I can understand. I like that idea a lot better than Jack/Boe dying and that being the end.

Then again maybe it's unfair to make Jack live forever. Most characters don't, after all, and maybe Boe only died because he CHOSE to. Dunno. That's probably a deep discussion all on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        That was something I could never get my head round in America, scones eaten with gravy and not butter and jam
        I always thought scones (however it's pronounced... ) were sweet... and sounded like they went well with butter, jam, honey or marmalade.

Biscuits are a breakfast bread that is not sweet. No fruit, no nuts... that's what "muffins" are for. If you like to sop up your meat gravy with a slice of bread, you would probably like "biscuits and gravy". (More starch, please!!)
        "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Plain scones aren't sweet

Comment

The Martha Unrequited Crush thing was never a huge problem for me (I'm sure that were I unwed I'd have a massive big crush on DT, and he only acts the Doctor, so it's not unrealistic that Martha'd fall for the real deal). But LotTL has removed for me the last vestiges of any niggles.

I've tried a few times to type out why, and I can't really explain it. I just think that her love for him might have started as the romantic crush type, but by the end it was completely selfless. It's no less overwhelming for her, and I like her more for 'getting out', but I think that her story about her friend was more of an analogy than a comparison. She's not in love with someone who she unrealistically hopes will love her back. She loves someone who's so far beyond everything she is that it's too much to handle. All that 'fire and ice... heart of the storm... wonderful' stuff, it's overloaded Martha's systems, and she needs to recharge.

Madeleine

Comment

*Applause* A big hand for Madeleine W who I think has just about summed it up

Hip Hip

Comment

hooray?

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Cheers Pitry

Comment

:: curtseys ::

Madeleine

Comment

Plain scones aren't sweet
                      Potato scones = definitely not sweet. (Scottish delicacy)
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Are they like Irish Potato cakes?

Comment

Are they like Irish Potato cakes?
                          Umm, can't say, never had the latter. The Scottish ones are triangular and flattish.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Sounds like the Irish ones, probably a distant cousin

Comment

well i think jacks been reborn again, its possible since the doctor hast been to the year over 5 billion only the (100 trillion)maybe jack is somewhere there growing
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                                well i think jacks been reborn again, its possible since the doctor hast been to the year over 5 billion only the (100 trillion)maybe jack is somewhere there growing
                                AH!

Comment

Working...
                                X