No announcement yet.

Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could bring Christopher Ecclles-Cake back, for the Christmas Special, to play the 9th Doctor Again. As he supposidly was on the Titanic.

Two Doctors thing?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkJedi View Post
      (did that sequence with the ring remind anyone of Flash Gordon, btw?)
      Heh. Yup, my husband said that...

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      1. Killing The Master for good. How the bloody hell could the cew of Doctor Who just kill of such an iconic charcter with a single bullet, after all he and the Doctor have been through?
      How d'you know he's dead? As Maddy W said, what would be the point/significance of the scene with the ring/his laugh if it wasn't hinting that there is more here than meets the eye...?

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      2. Martha leaving! What the f***!!! Why? Freema was a brilliant actor. She was briging in a new audiance. So why leave the show?!?
      She's not leaving. To quote Freema in this week's Radio Times, "I have categorically not been sacked from Doctor Who. There's no truth in [the rumours] whatsoever and I don't know where they came from. But I'm not permitted to talk about storylines and I can't talk about the next series. I've been gagged and if I do talk about it, then I will be sacked!"
      sigpic

Comment

cool episode, didnt like the golum bit, made me laugh when i saw that.

also bloody heck!!! face of boe, jack turns into a giant head, well it all makes sense really.!!!!

i think it was the masters wife that took the time lord rings, who knows what she can do with it.

at the end it, he smashes into the titanic, sounds interesting but i have a question

who remebers the first episode of doctor, 'rose' when rose enters that mans house because he has pictures of the doctor. you can see the picture of the doctor with a family and the man says that he saved a family who were supposed to board the titanic but they didnt thus saving their lives.

well would that cause a problem since it was 2 different time lords one that had been regenerated and would it be mentioned somehow???????
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          They could bring Christopher Ecclles-Cake back, for the Christmas Special, to play the 9th Doctor Again. As he supposidly was on the Titanic.
          It was mentioned in "Rose" that he advised a family not to board that voyage, not necessarily that the 9th Doctor was on the Titanic... though I suppose, anything is possible.

Comment

Is Jack ever coming back? Or is Torchwood the series going to continue?

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

He's crossing his own timeline. I think.

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
              He'd better.
              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
              LOVE HIM-> DT
              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Torchwood is going to continue, it's due back on the air early 2008 (well, for UK folks, anyway)

Comment

Fantastic Episode.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  But was it all a plot? Lucy must've been briefed on what to do if The Doctor ever got the upper hand. Shoot him, let him 'die' and then something to do with that ring....
                  You make a good point.

From this, I see two possabilities. Either The Master has somehow been 'stored' in that ring, or Lucy knew something special about it, of which Master had told her, and she plans to use it for some power struggle of her own in some future episode.

Regardless of what will happen, there is something that can follow on from that storyline.
                  Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  if all they did was look at the final epsiode: well...they were right. She has "left"
                  I guess The Sun weren't *Officially* wrong. Ahem.

And Jack the face of bo? DID NOT see that coming!
                  Neither did I.

I was reading in the Daily Mirror today, that a very big thing comes of Jack. I was actually thinking that he was a Timelord too, though in Human form (had one of them watches somewhere). I didn't expect him to be the Face of Bo, oh no.

Nor the fact that the Tardis has well...a "dent" from the Titanic - in Rose wasnt there a story about the Dr being on the Titanic?
                  Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                  Ironic really. The Tardis, has Shields and can withstand an attack from a Dalek Fleet, yet can get rammed quite easily, by a Ship.

Weird also, that the Tardis actually has a huge gaping hole in it now. How he is going to fix that one, I do not know

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  She's not leaving. To quote Freema in this week's Radio Times, "I have categorically not been sacked from Doctor Who. There's no truth in [the rumours] whatsoever and I don't know where they came from. But I'm not permitted to talk about storylines and I can't talk about the next series. I've been gagged and if I do talk about it, then I will be sacked!"
                  Likewise, if this is the case, she couldn't have said 'I'm leaving' either. If she has a contract, she can't say much if she is told not to. She wouldn't have been able to say she was going if she wasn't allowed.

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                  Originally posted by DarkJedi View Post
                  Torchwood is going to continue, it's due back on the air early 2008 (well, for UK folks, anyway)
                  As said by DarkJedi, Torchwood is coming back for Season 2 in the UK (soon), so you'll see Jack in that. However, in regards to seeing him on Dr Who again, I wouldn't rule out the possability. The Door has been left open for him
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Oh my. Fantastic. As the Master was dying... that was some of the greatest acting i've ever seen. Especially The Doctor's moan after he had died. In a way, very heart-wrenching.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when he was dancing to scissor sisters. It's just not natural.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                      I couldn't help but laugh out loud when he was dancing to scissor sisters. It's just not natural.
                      But that was such a funny scene The Doctor being wheeled around in the wheelchair, etc..
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

me is a good place to start with this little piece
                        Originally posted by DarkJedi
                        (did that sequence with the ring remind anyone of Flash Gordon, btw?)
                        Yep, I actually said Ming the Merciless out loud

Did not see Jack as the Face of Boe coming at all but a few niggles, if Jack is the Face of Boe
                        a) How did 'Boe Kind' come into being
                        b) How come Boe didn't recognise the Doctor
                        c) And how did Jack/Boe become telepathic?

And on to the ep, kinda disappointing and a complete mishmash of other TV show's/Films, we've already touched on Flash Gordon but the Funeral Pyre scene came straight from Return of the Jedi, although I haven't seen it, Doctor in a cage did look like Gollum, the flying through the air bit came from the pilot of the Vic and Bob Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) (which DT was in ironically) and Martha come out of the water dressed in black came straight from James Bond. The scene at the beginning with the dancing annoyed me no end. Did anyone else think 'Davros' when they cracked open the sphere.

Apart from that, it was a good episode, not the best and took an age to really get going but superb acting from DT as usual and from John Simm at the end, he did get on my for a while during the episode. It was nice to see Clive and Francine make up and I hope Martha gets up the nerve to meet up with Tom Milligan, he'll help her get over the Doctor. If she has left it's going to really up my fic ideas, never mind. If the rumours are true
                        Spoiler:
                        Kylie's making an appearence in the xmas special

If that's not Lucy pretending to be Ming the Merciless who do we think it is, my money's on The Rani

Comment

OK...

1. The Tochlaphane were Utopia humans, brought back in time by the paradox machine. Good call everyone.

2. You can never outsmart the Doctor. Though shrinking him like that was a bit freaky.

3. The man who calls himself Jack Harkness...becomes the Face of Boe! WTF? Not sure why the Doctor disabled his time machine though. It'll be good to see Jack back in Torchwood but why not let the poor guy go back to the 51st century Doctor?

4. OK, exit Martha...ish! I'm sure RTD has his reasons, hopefully they weren't just do do with his team writing themselves into a corner character-wise.

5. "Voyage of the Damned". Involving the Titanic. OK, we'll see what happens.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                            OK...

1. The Tochlaphane were Utopia humans, brought back in time by the paradox machine. Good call everyone.

2. You can never outsmart the Doctor. Though shrinking him like that was a bit freaky.

3. The man who calls himself Jack Harkness...becomes the Face of Boe! WTF? Not sure why the Doctor disabled his time machine though. It'll be good to see Jack back in Torchwood but why not let the poor guy go back to the 51st century Doctor?

4. OK, exit Martha...ish! I'm sure RTD has his reasons, hopefully they weren't just do do with his team writing themselves into a corner character-wise.

5. "Voyage of the Damned". Involving the Titanic. OK, we'll see what happens.
                            He disabled it so he wouldn't accidentaly cross over his timeline or anything they have done and completely screw up the universe and invoke the wrath of the reapers.

Its was a great episode, but a let down by the quick-fix solution and the cheesey "all think doctor" but I did like how they used arch-angel against him. You can't beat the doctor.

But John Simms plays a happy psychopath very well , pushing the doctor around while dancing to the music.

And Jack is the face of Bo did not expect that, but it explains how the face of Bo knows so much about the doctor, and what he has/will done/do.

But a bit week with the "one year later" and weakish story line. Could have been better.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              The Master died in the Doctor's arms! But was it all a plot? Lucy must've been briefed on what to do if The Doctor ever got the upper hand. Shoot him, let him 'die' and then something to do with that ring.... John Simm was too fabulous for the Master to be totally dead, surely!
                              My thoughts exactly!

A simply brilliant episode, John Simm and David Tennant are unbelievably good on screen together, I mean... damn! As for leaving Martha behind... not so sure about this, but as long as she is at least around in a few episodes next season I'll be happy. Jack is the Face of Boe? < my face

Absolutely fantastic episode, but Blink still just about beats it in my mind

9/10
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well, this season I have to say that overall I have been disapointed The storylines just haven't been as great as the other 2 seasons. So I went into watching the last 2 episodes very cautiously.

The first part of this 2 parter I thought was ok-ish. This part was definitely an improvement. Although it felt that for every good thing that was in it there was something equally cringey and poorly written as well.

Like the fact that a whole season in and Martha is still feeling sorry for herself about the Doctor not fancying her. That is a really a waste of time at this stage in the series. We all know by now how she feels, it doesn't need to be brought up halfway through ever episode at least 5 times
                                There were several moments where me and my sister just groaned because it was so painful and cringey to listen to, let alone watch.
                                I like her the rest of the time, just not when the writers have to make her so damn pathetic. Parts of this episode they actually made her appear as the strong and determined young woman I had expected to see all season, and that pleased me. Shame the little girl with a crush hasn't been deleted from her character yet.

That aside, I thought The Master was absolutely bloody brilliant! The scene between The Master and The Doctor at the end was stunning and very moving. Really loved it. David and John did an excellent job
                                I can't believe The Master is dead for good. They should really try to do more with him. I would be disapointed if they didn't.

I thought Captain Jack was a little underused in both parts. But then OMG the whole Face of Boe thing! Really didn't see that one coming (even though it seems so obvious now). Me and my sister just looked at each other like 'what? what?! oh my god!'. I loved that. As soon as the episode finished that is what I talked about. Forget everything else, this is what mattered to me...yeah.

I think the ending with the Titanic was very cool. That looks like it could be a great story.

I see everyone is mentioning about the Gollum simularity, but did anyone else actually get the urge to shout out 'Spectrum is green' or 'Launch all angels' everytime a shot of Skybase the aircraft-carrier ship thing was shown? I couldn't resist saying it.
                                It wasn't a case of being simular...More like complete rip off of the design.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                                ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Working...
                                X