X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worth a look in Voyage of the Dammned

Comment

Saw the copy of R&R.

And if that wasn't Lucy picking up the ring, maybe it was The Master himself. Gods help us all if he's a woman this time around.

I think the Face of Boe remembers being Jack, but he'd run a major risk of polluting the time line if he revealed anything. It'd suck to go through all that only to get stuck in a paradox. However, I do wonder why the Doctor never sensed any "wrongness" about Boe. Unless he did and conveniently never mentioned it.

Considering that the cat nurse in New New Earth said flat out "[the Face of Boe] is dying", I think it's pretty safe to wager that he really did die in Gridlock.

Anyway, I like the idea of the drums thing being the hint of the new catchphrase for the upcoming season, but I think it's too obvious- too big a deal was made out of it where usually it's only a passing (and forgettable) reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        That is what I am thinking, either that or he no longer knew or remembered when he was Jack Harkness, Jack was a distant memory *if you will* best left in the past.

See, now I am depressed again. It's all a bit too deep for me.
        I'm sure he remembers being Jack Harkness and remembers the Doctor himself, how else could he tell the Doctor that he's not alone?

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
          Ironic really. The Tardis, has Shields and can withstand an attack from a Dalek Fleet, yet can get rammed quite easily, by a Ship.
          actually the tardis doesn't have shields. The shields were generated by the device they picked up in cardif, cant remember its name

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
            Is Jack ever coming back? Or is Torchwood the series going to continue?
            Torchwood will return to BBC 2 not 3 in 2008. I believe that that will be Jack's last appearance in Doctor Who (he got the answers he was looking for). On another note, at the end, a woman's hand and a woman's evil laugh with apperant knowledge of time lord's - the Rani's comin' to town.

Comment

I read that Torchwood isn't coming back until next year. *sigh*

Comment

Watched it again.

That whole gun thing with the four chemicals was well naff - I was so relieved when it turned out to be a scam

I think the reason that the Doctor never sensed anything 'wrong' about the Face of Boe was because Boe was just... Boe. A weird old alien. Jack, on the other hand, well, the Doctor had the original template to compare the new version with, and he knew that Jack wasn't a normal human any more. He probably didn't know what 'normal for Boe' was.

As for how Jack gained telepathy, that could've happenned at any time in his billions of years. He was probably only forty or so when he became immortal, and if you can get immortality in forty years who's to say what you can achieve in billions?

I'm worried about Martha. No, FA wasn't sacked, but did she start with a one-year contract? In which case no sacking required to oust Martha

At least we've still got DT.

Madeleine

Comment

Also rewatched it, and reached the conclusion that apartn from the two parts that realy bothered me - i.e Gollum Doctor and his ascension, it was a brilliant episode. And I really love the way Martha's been written there.
                  Hopefully she'll be seen a lot in series 4 - the thing about the press statements, "not being sacked" does not equal "staying on the show".
                  But I'm hoping...
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

i think that the finale was fantastic, except for a few parts, but, i do believe that it makes perfect sense for jack to be the face of bo, because how else would the face of bo know that there was another timelord...i think the master dieing forever(if that is truely what is happening)is one of the stupidest things ever...but i believe he'll come back somehow...

now, everyone doesnt seem to understand the whole ring thing...a friend of mine things the only possible reason for that is this...the rani...i agreed, for those who do not know who the rani is: here

all in all...8 out of 10 imo

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I liked it. Started off a bit iffy, but by the end all wrapped up well. Also there were loads of surprises- I didnt think Martha would leave, I was sure she'd change her mind. I was sure the Master would escape, though his wife is still an iffy character and something makes me feel theres more than meets the eye. Ol' Cap'n Boe was a major surprise, which I'm kinda ambivalant about right now.

I wont know how to feel about the Master thing til I see where theyre going with it. I kinda don't like Martha leaving cos she is a good character, but I kinda do cos it means maybe we'll get Sally instead.

But cudos to the writing team for mixing things up a little and not being too afraid to change things (unlike another show I know!), and I like how the second half of the season has been more heavily linked, rather than standalone stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows View Post
                        now, everyone doesnt seem to understand the whole ring thing...a friend of mine things the only possible reason for that is this...the rani...i agreed, for those who do not know who the rani is: here

all in all...8 out of 10 imo
                        i thought that at first in fact i said out loud when i heard that laugh The rani cuz i for got lucy was wearing red nail poish. it would be cool if it was her i don't think it is but RTD did say it hand of the rani and also that they won't be picking up on it next season in the audio comentery
                        Last edited by lord-anubis; 01 July 2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I hope it isn't the Rani, she is one of the weakest 'villains' ever.

Also for those who think it couldn't have been Lucy... why not? The nail polish was the same, she had motive for wanting to make sure he was dead *she shot him after all* and the taking of the ring could have been about 'something' she knows about it or just to have some kind of weird souvenir.

Lucy makes sense the Rani does not, I mean she is a TimeLord/Lady the whole 'you are not alone' is going to be really stupid if they bring her back as well. One other TimeLord I can believe but two... next people will be saying Lucy is Romana!

Comment

If it is the Rani, there could be a love interest there. But at least its another Time Lord.

However, RTD wouldn't kill the Master, because the Master is a big DW thing. He can't just kill a long time bad guy off a tv series that has been running for (taking a guess) 40 years? He just...can't.
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I still don't like the dobby/gollum thing, but it makes a bit more sens now that Mr W has pointed out that there's a sort of precedent - not for Time Lords to shrink but for The Master to shrink people. Didn't he shrink Teegan's auntie or something?

Madeleine

Comment

Yeah, Tegan's aunt and a passing motorcycle cop as well...
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X