Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on! nobody thinks the master is really dead you gotta be kidding,
    the only real question is will JS play him again or some one new.
    I had mixed feeling about this episode the face of Bo thing was a bit lame,
    the shrunken Doctor WHY! and Martha leaving again do not buy it.
    Thinking on the Master just now I can see given what happened the age old argument about regeneration into the opposite sex coming, anyone else?

Comment

Well martha will defo be back next series, i thought the jack being the face of boe was fanatastic totally didnt expect it and as for the doctor looking like gollum when he shrunk i thought he looked more like dobbie from the harry potter movies

Comment

Great episode. Jack being the face of Boe was great. As to the doubters, if a human lives for millions of years and turns into a giant head isn't a little possible he can become telepathic?
        I just hope the master is gone though. It would be much cooler if his wife gives birth to a daughter that tracks down the doctor(probably to kill him because she would most likely have been told the doctor killed her father). Then yadda yadda yadda and she ends up travelling with him. The doctor finally gets a companion he can have a family with. That would be a good ending for the show. You could even go so far to say that they have a large family that ends up rebuilding gallifrey. The time lord civilization could return.

Comment

Trying to get over the sheer boggleness of this ep. Wow.

1. The Master isn't dead. We all know that. My thought is this: who says the essence storer thingy has to look like a fob watch? I wonder what would happen if a human took on the essence of a Time Lord... and if that's what Lucy's gonna do.

2. Jack is the Face of Boe. Lords above, it'll probably take a while for the shock to wear off of that one, although I think it's been suggested before. It makes a bizarre sort of sense, I guess, and if Cassandra can become a bit of stretched canvas, why can't Jack be a big giant head in a jar?

3. Martha. NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! I really really liked her! Kudos to her on the whole "get out" thing, but nooooooo! Maybe she'll be sort of like Mickey was- calling in for help when there's trouble and joining the occasional adventure. Or maybe she's just wholly gone and Freema's interview was just to keep a lid on things.

4. The Titanic. No crossed paths because the Ninth Doctor didn't get on the Titanic. I also wonder if this is the actual Titanic in 1912 or something a little weirder. I don't pay much attention to the TARDIS control panels- did flipping that switch "land" the TARDIS? Because I was kinda under the impression it was still mid-flight when the ship rammed it. Or is it a case of something random and weird dragging him off-course again? Kinda like last year only in reverse.

5. Jack is the Face of Boe. *boggles* Nope, still not over that.

6. I'll be very interested to see where Torchwood goes from here.

7. The Face of Boe?! Sorry...

Also, is the "theme" used at the end of the ep (during the goodbye scene) used elsewhere in the show? That horn stuff sounded really damn familiar, like I should know it.

EDIT: Oh yes, did anyone else notice that Lucy had a bruised eye? Walked into a door, I'm sure...

EDIT 2: I guess Jack's comment in the Torchwood pilot wasn't facetious at all: as I recall it there was a newsbyte in one of the earlier seasons about the Face of Boe giving birth. Guess he decided it was worth it again after all.

EDIT 3: Would now be a bad time to joke about "One ring to rule them all"?
          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 30 June 2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

if Jack is the face of Bo, where's his body?
            Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
            Spoiler:
            "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
            "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
            "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
            "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
            "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Great episode... some nice twists. The Face of Boe revelation was a complete LOL moment. Nice.

I love all the tie-ins from the rest of the season. It does really increase my appreciation for Shakespeare Code and Human Nature.

I'm sure the Master (although maybe not John Simm) will be back.
              Very sorry that Martha's leaving but I'm glad, in a way, that she's moving on. No more pining for the Doctor... thank goodness.

Can't wait to see The Voyage of the Damned.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

okay... he might just be the face of Bo...

Theory...

1: When Rose goes to New New York, she has just enough of the Time Vortex power left in her to undo what she did to him without knowing it was Jack she was seeing. Or rather the Tardis did it because the Tardis is a living machine and it could see how Bo was suffering and knew who Bo actually was and decided to undo what was done to him originally.

2: He might not actually be the "Face of Bo." He uses it as a marketing term, like "The Face of Revlon." We hope that he is an Eternal because humanity could do far worse

Even lucy said "Doctor" at the right time. But was that her who grabbed the ring or someone else?
                Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                Spoiler:
                "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Mostly hit 'n' miss for me, that one.
                  The whole Doctor CGI/ascending bit had my rolling my eyes. Not in a good way.
                  I liked Martha's story, it was great to see all resistance-fighter Martha. But they over-done the Master's evil rule, I'd think (he's not dead. O'course he's not dead! He'd be back - and as John Simm. Mark my words! But he giggled evilly at the end, I was hoping the Master has left this habit behind him.)

The whole sound of drums these feels a bit like "Bad wolf" now. Entertaining, intriguing - and ultimately, useless. Was that the whole point? A metaphore? I hope RTD is still planning on using it in series 4.

Shame, really, to see Martha go - but as I said more than once, I'm not surprised. She was written in a way that is unsustainable for more than one series, and as Martha herself said, she needs to get out. Sparrow & Nightingale for companions, I say!

More shame Jack was hardly present in this one, although.... the Face of Boe?! EEEEEEEEEEEEK! It'll take a while for that to sink in.

Thing is, the episode failed compeltely to get me an emotinoal peak til the Master died in the Doctor's hands. That was heart-breaking, and somewhat compensate for the whoel ascension scene, but yet... I'd have rathered the episode to look more like Doomsday. RTD's strongest bits are when he centres on emotions, not plot....

The obvious reset at the ed, not surprised, good thing he had the sense to not make it a complete reset and all our characters remember it.
                  Ah, well....

The Titanic crashed into the Tardis?!?! Can't wait to see that!
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I loved this eppy. Didn't understand all of it, and some of it was just naff but as a finale it was pretty much as I thought. How many times do most finales end with the big reset button? I do think it should have had longer to tell it's story, it seemed so rushed. Last week was rushed in a good way but this one just imho ran out of time, so much just happened and we were meant to accept it....

I am hoping that Martha is gone or at least gone in the sense we only see her a couple of times in series 30 (30!!!)/4 for me she was just too annoying in the end, what with the crush, the family (like having Rose without Rose really) and too immature. Basically I was beginning to really wish The Master had offed her instead of letting her go on & on & on. So paint me happy to see less of her from here on in.

Jack... OK did not pick that! Great twist, especially loved how it was just put out there almost as an add on. It also explains how Boe did what he did in Gridlock, how he had that kind of power within him. *bummer for Jack*

The Master is obviously not dead, only a moron would buy that... sorry but if the shoe fits. He is going to come back one way or another, just makes sense.

The T.A.R.D.I.S well for me I think the whole "one year back in time" basically made her a tardis again. But Jack had to destroy the Paradox machine before that could happen.

I would have liked to have seen more of The Doctor as normal interacting with The Master, what we got was grotesque and really made me shudder; wonder how the kiddies felt about all of that? I wasn't surprised by The Doctor's forgiveness, I wasn't surprised he cradled The Master in his arms and wept... I was surprised he left the god dam body & the ring (infinity ring? I know there was a story around that in classic who but I can't remember). I didn't cry at The Doctor crying but I did shed a tear when the world came together and said his name, honestly it moved me no end.

I am wondering if these events will have any impact on Torchwood. Jack knows what happened but now the rest of Torchwood doesn't, will Jack inform them? Will he take Torchwood down a better road then the one they are currently on... oh please yes!

*shrugs* No this episode was not as great as the previous two, but to me it was a great finale.

Now how the hell does the Titanic crash into a tardis? Didn't a sea monster do that once?

*six long months to find out*

Comment

i think it was the master screwing around with the tardis making it into a paradox machine may have caused some changes to the tardis like having a small paradox still in a wall and that allowed a object to hit the outer tardis into the tardis inside
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        The T.A.R.D.I.S well for me I think the whole "one year back in time" basically made her a tardis again. But Jack had to destroy the Paradox machine before that could happen.
                        Not sure about that.... the Doctor said the reset took them back to 8:02, just after the President died but before the spheres appeared. At that point, the TARDIS was mangled and cannabalised by the Master. Also, they were at the eye of the storm, as the Doctor put it, and the time reversal didn't affect them, they remember it all (or did he mean just the people in that room as opposed to the people on the whole carrier?).

Interesting though occured to me there - does that mean all of Freema and family etc are physically one year older than everyone else on Earth?
                        sigpic

Comment

great ep i dident belive for a sec that the master was turly dead any one whos watch the old series should know better then to think hes dead for good.

i not sure i quite understan how the doctor got all the power from every one saying his name. thought it was cool and has some one said earlyer even thou kind of cheesy kind of uplifting.

kind of werid for me with the axons talk i just saw calws of axso a couple days ago. hope im right thats the ep they were talking about or i'll look dumb lol that sceen with the master dieing in the doctors arms was the best part.

still in shock at the fact that jack could be the face of boe thats how he knew the doctor was not alone. i don't think he well like the fact that in a million or so years he well be a big head in a jar.

i think marthra well be back next season she just takeing a break. im sure she well call the doctor saying theres troble. she did give him her phone so im sure i hope she well be back.

as for the Titanic crashing in to the tarids i kind of new some thing was going to happen but i dident see that coming. i guess there going to end every season with the doctor saying what? can't wait for dec

EDIT: Oh yes, did anyone else notice that Lucy had a bruised eye? Walked into a door, I'm sure...
                          I did and thats petty much extactly what i said lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Interesting though occured to me there - does that mean all of Freema and family etc are physically one year older than everyone else on Earth?
                            That's how I understood it, yes.
                            Apart from that, I missed the first 25 mins of this ep so I'm a bit befuddled (even more so than usual). Not sure I'm qualified to give an opinion on it yet so will get back to you once I've had a chance to view the tape.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Not sure about that.... the Doctor said the reset took them back to 8:02, just after the President died but before the spheres appeared. At that point, the TARDIS was mangled and cannabalised by the Master.
                              I was thinking that as time went backwards for the Earth one year; for the T.A.R.D.I.S it could go back further as she is not actually in 'our' time or space, she is well a tardis, she exist outside time and space... time is relative to her... or something....

I think.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac8400 View Post
                                Great episode. Jack being the face of Boe was great. As to the doubters, if a human lives for millions of years and turns into a giant head isn't a little possible he can become telepathic?
                                I just hope the master is gone though. It would be much cooler if his wife gives birth to a daughter that tracks down the doctor(probably to kill him because she would most likely have been told the doctor killed her father). Then yadda yadda yadda and she ends up travelling with him. The doctor finally gets a companion he can have a family with. That would be a good ending for the show. You could even go so far to say that they have a large family that ends up rebuilding gallifrey. The time lord civilization could return.
                                Dammit! That was my idea for a fanfic! You read my mind!

None of you saw this!! Okay?

Oh and, I don't think the Master's dead. I just hope John Simm plays him again. Please.
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X