Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insomniac8400 View Post
    Great episode. Jack being the face of Boe was great. As to the doubters, if a human lives for millions of years and turns into a giant head isn't a little possible he can become telepathic?
    Of course he could. And it is scifi. Lets not get too bogged down in the WTF of it all. Oh and technically is Jack human? Was that ever properly cleared up?

*my head hurts*

Comment

Actually, Martha is more than a year older than she's supposed to be - she also travelled outside of her time witht he Doctor before this entire business.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

LOL! *poor* Jack all worried about a few grey hairs... he would probably die of a heart attack if he knew he was the face of Boe... not that it would matter as he would just come back to life!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          LOL! *poor* Jack all worried about a few grey hairs... he would probably die of a heart attack if he knew he was the face of Boe... not that it would matter as he would just come back to life!
          So, did the Face of Bo definitely die? I mean, at the time the Doctor didn't know it was Jack. So he could of come back again... Or is there definite proof he is dead?
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
            So, did the Face of Bo definitely die? I mean, at the time the Doctor didn't know it was Jack. So he could of come back again... Or is there definite proof he is dead?
            I don't know it is scifi and NO ONE EVER... whatever.

I think the cat-nurse said he was dead and she stayed with him, anyway I imagine eventually his brain would wear out no matter how much immortality he had, but I do think the energy he used in Gridlock was the remaining energy he had from the heart of the T.A.R.D.I.S. Once that was depleted he probably just died of old *really old* age.

God that is so depressing! Yes I know he saved people but... *poor Jack* At least he was with The Doctor in the end. Now that cheers me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              b) How come Boe didn't recognise the Doctor?
              Who says he didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                Who says he didn't?
                That is what I am thinking, either that or he no longer knew or remembered when he was Jack Harkness, Jack was a distant memory *if you will* best left in the past.

See, now I am depressed again. It's all a bit too deep for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  That is what I am thinking, either that or he no longer knew or remembered when he was Jack Harkness, Jack was a distant memory *if you will* best left in the past.
                  As long as we still have memories of a dirty Jack chained to the wall, who cares *Drool*

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    I have lost ALL respect for RTD and his team.

Dont get me wrong. The acting was fantastic with the story being mostly brilliant.

But these things really ticked me off:
                    1. Killing The Master for good. How the bloody hell could the crew of Doctor Who just kill of such an iconic character with a single bullet, after all he and the Doctor have been through?
                    You did see the scene where Lucy picked up the ring, right? Meaning that the Master's coming back, probably at the end of next season (like the daleks turned up in Army of Ghosts)
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

8/10 from me.

What, exactly, was the point of the CGI Doctor/Gollum/Dobby? Apart from the guys at Mill FX showing off...

The revelation of the true identity of the Face of Boe - HOLY FRAK! I did not see that coming...

As for who picked up the Master's ring (oo-er missus)... Not Lucy Saxon, sorry - the fingers are too big.

And that ending? "What?!?"
                      Even before the Doctor picked up the lifebelt, I knew it was the Titanic - the shape of its bow is unmistakable.

I could be wrong here, but I think I spotted next years Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Mr. Saxon thingy...

Martha is NOT leaving. In a brief piece in the current Radio Times, she states (and I am quoting verbatim from the article) "I have categorically not been sacked from Doctor Who." states Freema Agyeman, dispelling recent tabloid rumours. "There's no truth in them whatsoever and I don't know where they came from. But I'm not permitted to talk about storylines and I can't talk about the next series. I've been gagged and if I do talk about it, then I will be sacked!"
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I realise she isnt leaving however i dont want her to have a reduced role as another rumour (which i hope it just is) suggests...
                        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

I didnt really get a good look, but when Martha rang the Doc guy - was there anything written on the board behind him?

Thats where I thougth the bad wolf/torchwood/saxon bit might of been - only clicked too look after i blinked and it went...
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                            I didnt really get a good look, but when Martha rang the Doc guy - was there anything written on the board behind him?
                            Ok, this is only from memory, but it looked to me to be a standard hospital day planner whiteboard thingy.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

The revelation of the true identity of the Face of Boe - HOLY FRAK! I did not see that coming...
                              You and the rest of the world

As for who picked up the Master's ring (oo-er missus)... Not Lucy Saxon, sorry - the fingers are too big.
                              My money's on
                              Spoiler:
                              The Rani, maybe Lucy is the Rani

And that ending? "What?!?"
                              Even before the Doctor picked up the lifebelt, I knew it was the Titanic - the shape of its bow is unmistakable.
                              Yep, same here (I do live near Titanic's home port)
                              I could be wrong here, but I think I spotted next years Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Mr. Saxon thingy...
                              Throw us a bone here

Comment

Well, remember the scene where Prof. Docherty had the disabled Toclafane on the workbench?

There was a copy of
                                Spoiler:
                                Romeo & Juliet
                                among the tools and whatnot. It just kind of jumped out at me as being somewhat out of place...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X