Clear All

Y'welcome
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Cool! You've watched Eastwood movies recently, haven't you?
        sigpic

Comment

yes and no, got his autograph, read his bio then yea watched dirty harry
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

by Jumble

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                Try to put a slight purple tint in your black? I find it sometimes softens the sharp effect of a hard black.
                Another thing I find often works is to reduce the opacity a bit to fade otherwise harsh looking text, or try changing the layer mode - overlay can work really well with black text on a strong coloured background
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

Quite a few of the Advents have come through a little over the 100kb limit, and I've had to resize them to get them down a bit. After some chat and investigation with Josi, it appears that PB had changed her size settings, causing pieces to upload at a smaller px size but a higher kb.

I'd therefore advise you all to check your settings so that you don't find yourselves posting pieces that are over the limit - we don't want anyone to get modded

Now back to your regular chat and artworking

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

Quite a few of the Advents have come through a little over the 100kb limit, and I've had to resize them to get them down a bit. After some chat and investigation with Josi, it appears that PB had changed her size settings, causing pieces to upload at a smaller px size but a higher kb.

I'd therefore advise you all to check your settings so that you don't find yourselves posting pieces that are over the limit - we don't want anyone to get modded

Now back to your regular chat and artworking
                    Could I just ask how could we check this? I downloaded mine (again!) from PB and checked but they're all < 100kb.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Could I just ask how could we check this? I downloaded mine (again!) from PB and checked but they're all < 100kb.
                      If the size hasn't altered from when you uploaded them, then you're ok

I'll let Josi explain that one - I can't remember

Comment

Got it!

Click 'Upload', then select 'customize your upload options' (on the right, just above the album name) - from there you can choose your sizes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Got it!

Click 'Upload', then select 'customize your upload options' (on the right, just above the album name) - from there you can choose your sizes
                          *runs in belatedly*

Yes, that's it. I found that somehow my PB upload settings had changed and it was resizing everything I uploaded. And in the process of resizing them, it was adding a significant number of KBs

It may have happened in the process of switching to and from the new version - that's the only thing I can think because I hadn't changed them myself So as Jumble says, probably worth double-checking your upload settings to make sure PB isn't resizing any of your stuff for you without you noticing
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Very pretty Advent Jumble
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nola

Comment

Those that have already sent their Advents, don't worry - the ones that were altered by PB I've fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X