X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Maybe you should do the same.
    Learn some history on how various gov'ts over time have made the same or very similar mistakes that previous gov'ts in other parts of history have done. Deja vu.
    Indeed, this brings me back to my younger days, when the formidable Wall of China was circumvented by the Mongols. Yet it occurs to me that this wall was much more extensive and had thousands of men on patrol than the never-to-be Mexico wall.

Sidestory...
    I've had reinforcement from my former educational life by having a Democrat-minded relative who taught History for about 30 years and often discussed it at the family table...
    A shame he wasted 30 years of his time, since you obviously got it all wrong.

I don't care if a gov't is run without a spiritual basis, because at least 6 of the (main) Jewish Ten Commandments relate to simple human behavior and attitudes.
    Expecting people to adhere to those Commandments when Trump is, if we go with your Bible-babble logic, the Anti-Christ?

Chaka-Z0, firstly, I don't care what a person looks like or how old they are. Whether or not that person is 34, 40, or 540 years old, and still hasn't got a grasp on reality of how things work, etc., I'm not budging over into agreeing with their side just because the rest of the world is *amazed* at this newbie showing up on the scene and capturing even the MSM with some "progressive" ideas/ideals that seriously need to be tried out before enforcing such items into a permanent status.
    We know that already since you support Trumpatine ... and your blatant prejudice shows again. Classic ''She's too young to know sh*t about the world'' BS I heard so often from older folks. Evolve with the world or stay behind.

THAT is NO way to manage a business. Doesn't matter if this is done by the gov't or some private company or corporation. Most companies don't succeed when PLAN A fails and there is NO Plan B or C or D, etc., back-up plan. Failure is Failure. Period.
    Name me ONE politician that divulges his full program, plan B and C, during a pre-election? Reminds me of a good fella, you know the orange-outang sitting in the Oval office? Mexico will pay for the wall? Rings a bell?

Don't just rely on "computer models". Problem is that such scenarios NEED to be worked out first on an actual, physical, experimental basis and into every potential mode of working atmospheres as much as possible, BEFORE activated on a permanent basis. Otherwise, the failure rate could sink faster than the Titanic after it got ruptured from the damaging iceberg.
    Good thing true leaders don't think like you do, otherwise we would live in a platonic, immobile society.

Payscales also affect these folks, so for those who can't afford to install what she is asking for GREEN living conditions, SHE can fork over her own funds to see how much all of these factors and finances will cost. She said she has no idea what this will amount to except that it will be VERY expensive in the short term onset.
    Okay so I'll talk to you from actual experience, since we have something similar here. Ever heard of incentives? Govt here gives back thousands of dollars in fiscal refunds if you purchase an electric car. That's one way to do it.

I think societies will be at war against each other and cause their own (massive) deaths a whole lot faster than the damage that climate changes will do.
    It's quite obvious from your posts that your vision of the world is tainted by numerous apocalyptic scenarios. Again, good thing true leaders don't think like you do and throw the towel.

That is thinking realistically.
    No, that's not thinking realistically. That's thinking erratically using Religion BS as factual basis.

The end results will NOT be pretty nor a happy one. Ever see a Midnight madness Christmas sale at a department store when the stampedes of people rush in for their FREEBIE / discount sales..? Yeah, people get trampled upon and injured. Mega factor the entire world at critical survival point... that's the sort of scene that most likely will result. Just look at a major winter-snowstorm warning or hurricane for what is left in the stores to buy... This is what the world will be like when other current resources are not permitted to be used, and limited GREEN sources fail to support the entire nation.
    Pessimism.

So... my objections to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is her failure to study her GREEN DEAL in a longer termed experimental stage with all sorts of variations that will reveal more realistic outcomes for her "ideas"---this includes financial woes for people who cannot meet her expected goals. THAT is the problem with her. MOST gov't studies such as "save the fish" go for ten years, and then STOP the environmental obstacle attempting to interfere with it (See California's long list of such items).
    Sure let's wait a couple decades to try it out, then action it when our planet looks like a scene from WaterWorld.

She is not proposing a study first, but an immediate enforcement of permanent actions along with FIX THIS NOW
    Do you not see the predicament we are in?

Spoiler:
    Greenland, the world’s biggest island, appears to have hit a tipping point around 2002-2003 when the ice loss rapidly accelerated, said lead author Michael Bevis, a geoscientist at Ohio State University. By 2012 the annual ice loss was “unprecedented” at nearly four times the rate in 2003, Bevis said in an interview.
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ing-sea-level/

Oh... and humans eating "beans" isn't going to help the environment any more than cattle eating pastureland and oats. Bush's Baked Beans tends to cause more farts in their edible bean recipes for humans, enough that if it could be packaged as a natural gas, there'd be a gold mine in such packaging! Smelly, but almost a free fuel source..!
    lol?

Yeah, I'm just a natural skeptic
    Would you really be such a skeptic if you weren't so heavily religiously conditioned? I don't think you would. My Mom's side Grandma and Grandpa, before they passed away last year, changed their opinions about a bunch of matters such as same-sex marriage, climate changes, etc. at the age of 85-90. I couldn't blame them, that's all they knew. The Church had enormous power back in the days in Quebec. But they eventually realized that they made a mistake, judging those folks too fast.

On the other side, my grandparents on my Dad's side being ''hardcore'' Christians never accepted that, they actually didn't even go to my parents marriage because it wasn't held in a church. I'm not looking to bash religion, but I blame ''conservative'' religion for those fixed, oldschool, perspectives on life that inhibits one's ability to think for himself, without any conditioned thoughts and rehearsals coming out automatically without any intellectual process involved. Many people adopt a religion, yet keep an open mind about matters that evolves over time. Even your Pope did it to some degree.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You mean, it's just like the left-leaning sources that you and the other lefties cite?
    Projection much? I always base my opinion on objective, scientifically-based, emotionally-detached articles. Nice try.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    yet you voted for someone who likes to break most of them (and boast about it)
    Trumpakin! You were supposed to destroy the SithFake news, not join them.

now that's a mystery
    It's not. She's hot and has a great program. The first politician I've seen in a while that actually have the balls to do something about the most pressing issue of our era. Go on, my beautiful bird, you can change the world. (I'm in love, do you think she'd date a Unas?)
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

It's not. She's hot
      dude have you seen her nose

Comment

Alexandria's programs need work, much like trumps wall needs work because both are based on a form of idealism.
        A green deal could be made, but she cannot do it alone.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Personally, she does nothing for me. But different strokes for different folks.

Comment

You mean, it's just like the left-leaning sources that you and the other lefties cite?
            no because it reads more as a opinion piece than an actual news article. You have a thing or two to learn about source credibility
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Alexandria's programs need work, much like trumps wall needs work because both are based on a form of idealism.
              A green deal could be made, but she cannot do it alone.
              In this case, throwing the baby out with the bathwater is quite appropriate. That she got elected in NY is a good example of how messed up this state really is.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                no because it reads more as a opinion piece than an actual news article. You have a thing or two to learn about source credibility
                You can't teach an old racist new tricks.
                sigpic

Comment

In this case, throwing the baby out with the bathwater is quite appropriate. That she got elected in NY is a good example of how messed up this state really is.
                  Then go to a nice red state.
                  sigpic

Comment

that an italian fascist like Rudolph Mussolini got elected & reelected in NY is a good example of how ****ed up this state really is

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      It's not. She's hot and has a great program. The first politician I've seen in a while that actually have the balls to do something about the most pressing issue of our era. Go on, my beautiful bird, you can change the world. (I'm in love, do you think she'd date a Unas?)
                      I thought lizards were cold-blooded egg layers?

Comment

that an italian fascist like Rudolph Mussolini got elected & reelected in NY is a good example of how ****ed up this state really is
                        ghouliani got re-voted in because of 9/11, and was not a total madman back then.
                        sigpic

Comment

well how about that....we agree....that this state is FUBAR-ed

Comment

I resent that accusation. I am not a racist. Yes, absolutely, I am very strongly against illegal immigration, but that is because I am against illegal immigration. I wouldn't care where they are coming from.

The only reason it appears to be racial in nature as that we aren't having a problem with Canadians, Europeans, Asians or other people sneaking into the country. The only racial aspect is where the illegals are coming from.
                            Last edited by Annoyed; 24 January 2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

C'mon, I wouldn't have said anything if not for the comments suggesting I called MG a racist, from you, Tood and MG.

She can fix it once she gets money. Another reason to support her.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I resent that accusation. I am not a racist. Yes, absolutely, I am very strongly against illegal immigration, but that is because I am against illegal immigration. I wouldn't care where they are coming from.

The only reason it appears to be racial in nature as that we aren't having a problem with Canadians, Europeans, Asians or other people sneaking into the country. The only racial aspect is where the illegals are coming from.
                                We are having a problem with stereotypes it seems
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X