This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    historically lowest illegal immigration rates under Obama & still not enough? or by solved do you mean zero? in which case a wall won't prevent that it could even make the situation worse if you take time to think about it

opening fire on unarmed trespassers will only encourage them to arm themselves (nothing to lose right?)
    Yes, I do mean zero tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Easy, bring back the State Militias and fulfill your 2nd Amendment destiny. You'd like that wouldn't you?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

then remember to show full tolerance to your fellow born n bred mericans next time they resort to theft because they wanted to avoid **** jobs (you know the ones usually done by immigrants) and were denied welfare
        gotta be consistent in your standards right?

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Easy, bring back the State Militias and fulfill your 2nd Amendment destiny. You'd like that wouldn't you?
        funny thing is in the country like that one there might be fewer wrongful shootings (though still a lot) if the citizens did the patrolling considering how the coppers in that country tend to gun down more honest citizens than the entire citizenry combined
        lol

Comment

How? He literally jailed himself and gave the key to the Dems. His only way out is a wall, and he's not getting it.

Bc he'll be in jail for corruption with the Ruskies.

And when that happens, I will invite every GWers to partake of a feast of Canadian whisky and bacon platters (provided by Jelgate, available raw for the adventurous or cooked). Beavers will also be available on site. Trumpists are invited too, but must say sorry before entering the premise.
          I refuse to bring bacon until poutine is served
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I refuse to bring bacon until poutine is served
            Bacon is a choice topping for poutine. I often have bacon poutine myself, actually had one this very day. A meal for a king.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

funny thing is in the country like that one there might be fewer wrongful shootings (though still a lot) if the citizens did the patrolling considering how the coppers in that country tend to gun down more honest citizens than the entire citizenry combined
              lol
              Warning Shots
              Fixed for you
              Spoiler:

Comment

The magnitude of this ''problem'' has been politically weaponized. The problem will never be solved, as illegals will find another way to get in if not by land.

I gave you my opinion already, and I'm done repeating myself.
                Then we'll work on blocking that entry point.

Comment

What if the entry point isn't the problem?
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

What if the entry point isn't the problem?
                    Then we can attack whatever the problem point is. If it's overstaying visa, then we can track people who are issued visas.
                    We can also also remove inducements to come here. Require citizenship for any sort of social services assistance. Stop granting automatic citizenship to infants born to illegals in this country. Make it so that you must be born to us citizens for that to apply. Remove the automatic entry granted to relatives of immigrants already here.

Whatever it takes. But we must stop the flow of illegals into this country. It has been an ongoing problem for 40+ years!

Comment

What if that is illegal?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

What if that is illegal?
                        I know, some laws would have to be changed, and for one item, an amendment to the constitution.
                        But this problem has been unsolved for 40+ years, and I am fed up with it.

Comment

What if we don't care?
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't expect you to care. I'm just explaining why I have such a hard @$$ position on this issue.

Comment

Why should we understand a position that is illegal?
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, just a general question for those who oppose a wall.
                                What about some other EFFECTIVE
                                The problem with your request is that you demand effective as in "Zero illegals" when the wall itself can not and will not meet that requirement. So maybe something as effective as a wall, if not more so? Yeah, a virtual wall. It's cheaper, effective, allows for flexibility and cooperation on both sides of the border. helping secure Mexico's southern border with the same method would be infinitely more effective and cheaper. It's a solution for a real problem that doesn't involve evoking "scary brown people" arguments. This in turn allows for friendlier relations with southern neighbors which means increased cooperation (more flies with honey than vinegar applies here) on multiple different fronts that are of mutual interest to well...everyone.

means of securing the border such as armed military personnel, with authorization to fire on intruders?
                                I do hope you aren't suggesting the wholesale slaughter of unarmed men, women, and children for the crime of crossing a border to get a job...

I don't care what it is, as long as it effectively seals the border, absolutely preventing unauthorized entry, no BS, no excuses?
                                But a wall wouldn't do this. It wouldn't do anything absolutely. You demand something much more effective than a wall in order to accept it while categorically slapping down anything that will be just as effective as the wall.

Or is your real goal to be sure the border remains porous and easily violated?
                                I tire of your constant illogical strawman. At a certain point a straw man stops being a result of faulty understanding of another person's POV and becomes an insult through the act of blatantly ignoring said person's POV and crass false accusations with the intent to defame. It's insulting. How dare you accuse me of not caring about my country? What even gives you that right? The nerve you must have.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X