This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Trump has said he will not sign anything that doesn't contain the funding for the wall. If the Dems want, they can put together a bill that includes it, bring it to the Senate, which will go along with it, and then submit it to the White House.

Stalemate over.
    In other words, you don't believe in democracy, you want a dictator to do what you think is "good for you"
    Trump would be foolish to back down at this time. I hope he sticks to his guns.
    He was a moron who opened his mouth and proved he cannot make deals. I don't even think he knows what a deal is, and I don't think you do either.
    Oh, and just to make this more fun, I just read that another caravan is starting to come north.

The United States is not a dumping ground.
    Of course, need new deflections. Fear of a caravan worked before, I'm sure it will work again.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just as an aside, you folks do remember that Trump & the Republicans offered a compromise last year, right? Concession on DACA in exchange for the Wall. The Democrats would have none of it.

So who is really the spoiled child here?

Comment

Oh, and for all those Democrats who express such concern about federal workers who aren't getting paid, explain this:

House rejects GOP measure to pay workers but not open government

Who is behaving like a toddler?

Comment

Just as an aside, you folks do remember that Trump & the Republicans offered a compromise last year, right? Concession on DACA in exchange for the Wall. The Democrats would have none of it.

So who is really the spoiled child here?

Please, learn more about what you are talking about.

Oh, and for all those Democrats who express such concern about federal workers who aren't getting paid, explain this:

House rejects GOP measure to pay workers but not open government

Who is behaving like a toddler?
          The toddler who has threatened a shutdown over 20 times?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Please, learn more about what you are talking about.

The toddler who has threatened a shutdown over 20 times?
            https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...hange-for-wall

Comment

Try READING, or at least following a chain of cause and effect.
              sigpic

Comment

Usually in a negotiation you can only hardass / stay firm on your demands if you have the higher ground, which is not the case for Trump. The Dems got him by the balls and he knows it.

EDIT: Looks like Trump forgot how to democracy too, can't always be cool like Vladi-boy Donny!
                Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 18 January 2019, 05:38 AM.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Usually in a negotiation you can only hardass / stay firm on your demands if you have the higher ground, which is not the case for Trump. The Dems got him by the balls and he knows it.
                  he would actually need balls first.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

EDIT: Looks like Trump forgot how to democracy too, can't always be cool like Vladi-boy Donny!
                    Trump does have the higher ground. He probably knows he's not gonna get re-elected in 2020, so he's got nothin' to lose.

Comment

Trump does have the higher ground.
                      How? He literally jailed himself and gave the key to the Dems. His only way out is a wall, and he's not getting it.

He probably knows he's not gonna get re-elected in 2020, so he's got nothin' to lose.
                      Bc he'll be in jail for corruption with the Ruskies.

And when that happens, I will invite every GWers to partake of a feast of Canadian whisky and bacon platters (provided by Jelgate, available raw for the adventurous or cooked). Beavers will also be available on site. Trumpists are invited too, but must say sorry before entering the premise.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Ok, just a general question for those who oppose a wall.
                        What about some other EFFECTIVE means of securing the border such as armed military personnel, with authorization to fire on intruders?

I don't care what it is, as long as it effectively seals the border, absolutely preventing unauthorized entry, no BS, no excuses?

What say you to that?

Or is your real goal to be sure the border remains porous and easily violated?

Comment

authorization to fire on intruders
                          no middle ground in merica?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            no middle ground in merica?
                            We've had a "middle ground" for at least 4 decades now. The problem isn't being solved.

Comment

We've had a "middle ground" for at least 4 decades now. The problem isn't being solved.
                              The magnitude of this ''problem'' has been politically weaponized. The problem will never be solved, as illegals will find another way to get in if not by land.

I gave you my opinion already, and I'm done repeating myself.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

historically lowest illegal immigration rates under Obama & still not enough? or by solved do you mean zero? in which case a wall won't prevent that it could even make the situation worse if you take time to think about it

opening fire on unarmed trespassers will only encourage them to arm themselves (nothing to lose right?)

Comment

Working...
                                X