No announcement yet.

MacGyver Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just started re-watching macgyver again this year. its been sooo long since i last saw macgyver on tv that i forgot almost all episodes.

there is some similarity between macgyver and jack. and mainly its the sense of humor and their love of hockey. there is a darkness in jack that is not in macgyver. mac is quite laid back.

i love all the macgyverisms!

Comment

lol i was watching some YouTube footage of Don S. Davis and Chris Judge being on the show, got to love the classic 80's and 90's hairstyles and attitudes!
      Meh.

Comment

Well I bought the first season! Am about 10 minutes through the pilot now! Awesome show!
        Meh.

Comment

U.S. TV hero MacGyver has beaten Buffy The Vampire Slayer and 24's Jack Bauer to the top of a new TV action heroes poll.

The role, which Richard Dean Anderson played for seven years from 1985, has topped the new countdown in America's TV Guide magazine.

Also making the top 10 are Tom Selleck's Magnum, P.I., Xena: Warrior Princess and Alias heroine Sydney Bristow.

The top five is:

1. MacGyver

2. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

3. Jack Bauer

4. Sydney Bristow (Alias)

5. Magnum P.I.

http://us.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/?start=21

Comment

Absolutely great - young RDA in a completely different role. Still rewatching!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

I love MacGyver, but do not think it has aged well at all. Especially the lack of continuity (there's no way any single person could have done all the things he's supposed to have done before starting to work at the agency, unless he started there when he was in his 70s).

Anja, does this make it easier to understand some of the purported MacGyver references in SG-1? Oh, and have you seen this vid?

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                I love MacGyver, but do not think it has aged well at all. Especially the lack of continuity (there's no way any single person could have done all the things he's supposed to have done before starting to work at the agency, unless he started there when he was in his 70s).

Anja, does this make it easier to understand some of the purported MacGyver references in SG-1? Oh, and have you seen this vid?

Seaboe
                Yes I have. But I don't get what you mean by 'aged well' and I don't understand your first question. Sorry. Explain?
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

MacGyver has a lot of things that make it seem silly, that didn't seem silly when it was originally aired (his haircut is the most famous, but there are others, like the way some of the characters dress). It was very much a product of its times.

Two examples of the purported MacGyver references are when Daniel asks Jack if he got his hair cut (Nemesis) and when Daniel asks Jack if he's always worn his hair that way (Fallen).

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I still like that kind of haircut - we call it 'Vokuhila' and it was very popular.
                    That's not silly to me.
                    What is bad about references to MacGyver - it was successful. I personally find the references to 'Oz' more ridiculous.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

The references to MacGyver in Stargate aren't bad at all--they're tons of fun to look for.

The fact that I don't believe the show has aged well (as compared, say, to Remington Steele) has nothing to do with Stargate or my admiration for the character of MacGyver.

Seaboe

Comment

MacGyver - First Look

Nice touch with the Swiss Army knife in the title.
                        sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                        ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

We'll see. If the internal continuity is better, it might be a good show.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                          X