MacGyver Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srg
    Amazon.co.uk are selling season 1, UK region 2, for £37.99 ($67.11). They are also selling the US region 1 version for just £16.48!!!!! The same site is selling a box set of seasons 1 to 3 (region 1 US) for £43.83!

This is a prime example of something we have here called "Rip-off Britain". A lot of stuff is much more expensive here. Quite possibly because everything has 17.5% slapped on it called "Value Added Tax" or VAT. Even domestic fuel bills (gas, electricity) has it.
    The recommended retail price for MacGyver Season 1 Region 2 is actually £49.99. ($88)

BTW Each SG-1 an SGA season boxset has an RRP of £49.99 or £59.99 depending on the season. At places like amazon and play.com you usually get about £12 off. So for example SG-1 Season 6 is RRP of £59.99 ($106).

BTW £1 is worth $1.76885 as of writing
    That's insane! And totally unfair.

Well, you guys sumed up the show pretty well. I think I like it a lot because it's so different from the standard action shows that you see on TV a lot. Here's a guy who uses creativity to outsmart his opponents. My friends get a kick out of how he doesn't like guns, but explosions are just fine.
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
      That's insane! And totally unfair.

Well, you guys sumed up the show pretty well. I think I like it a lot because it's so different from the standard action shows that you see on TV a lot. Here's a guy who uses creativity to outsmart his opponents. My friends get a kick out of how he doesn't like guns, but explosions are just fine.
      Yeah, I think the stength of the pound also has a lot to do with it. Annoying

I think it's great that there's a show that shows that you don't need guns for everything. Ironic it came from the states.
      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
        Amazon.co.uk are selling season 1, UK region 2, for £37.99 ($67.11). They are also selling the US region 1 version for just £16.48!!!!! The same site is selling a box set of seasons 1 to 3 (region 1 US) for £43.83!

This is a prime example of something we have here called "Rip-off Britain". A lot of stuff is much more expensive here. Quite possibly because everything has 17.5% slapped on it called "Value Added Tax" or VAT. Even domestic fuel bills (gas, electricity) has it.
        The recommended retail price for MacGyver Season 1 Region 2 is actually £49.99. ($88)

BTW Each SG-1 an SGA season boxset has an RRP of £49.99 or £59.99 depending on the season. At places like amazon and play.com you usually get about £12 off. So for example SG-1 Season 6 is RRP of £59.99 ($106).

BTW £1 is worth $1.76885 as of writing
        Wow. And i thought our taxes were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          Wow. And i thought our taxes were bad.
          yeah so with a strong pound and 17.5% tax, it's fairly expensive here
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

I watch RDA for the first time in MacGyver (that's the official spelling, without the 'U' in the middle where's that come from?) the Pilot episode in 1985, and I thought this guy is way cool, coz he hates guns & violence which is the opposite of many series at the time and he always can solve the problems peacefully or in desperation, use explosives

The later episodes deal a lot with issues, politics, enviroments, etc, they kinda lessen the fun of seeing Mac squeezing out of troubles, but I still watched everyone of them.

WHen the DVD came out, I rent it through Netflix and giggling at seeing "JACK" in his early days, SOOO DIFFERENT!
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

and THAT hairsytle *Shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                and THAT hairsytle *Shudders*
                Heeeyyy! he make it look gooooooddd ! *squishy..squishy*

sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                  Heeeyyy! he make it look gooooooddd ! *squishy..squishy*

lol... He did. he really pulled it off well too.

Comment

Did someone say MacGyver? O.O
                    ...it never ends.

Comment

I loved Macgyver. Heck, I think my mom still thinks my favorite character on Stargate is Jack, because I was so obsessed with Macgyver.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Could this possibly be true??

The first name of the following people or characters is not generally used when referring to them, and by consequence their first name is not well-known:

Angus MacGyver

http://www.2spare.com/item_47409.aspx

Comment

Yeah, so his first name is Angus, but you didn't find that out until right at the end of the series. A bit like Inspector Morse, who was always just "Morse". His first name was
                          Spoiler:
                          Endeavour
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Yup, I watched that episode. Angus MacGyver. Thats why they always call him MacGyver.
                            Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

HAHAHA

angus

Comment

Isn't Angus a Scottish name? I didn't know MacGuyver was Scottish.

Comment

Working...
                                X