No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter is awesome. Season Five cannot come soon enough...
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Just started on the first season... Enjoying it so far
      wow, you have a heck of a ride in front of you

do NOT read back in this thread, cause I know there are spoilers there, and trust me, you don't want to be spoiled for the gobsmack moments
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The season 5 trailer spoiled already a big deal for me
        Mia: Don't you hate that?
        Vincent: Hate what?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
          The season 5 trailer spoiled already a big deal for me
          Bad TBA! You must learn to resist temptation!
          sigpic

Comment

Is it September yet? cant wait for season 5
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              Is it September yet? cant wait for season 5
              i saw the comic con trailer looks really good. doesn't the main actor who plays dexter have cancer?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i saw the comic con trailer looks really good. doesn't the main actor who plays dexter have cancer?
                He did, his dark passanger cured it for him

he beat it a couple of months ago, ill edit this when i can find the article

And yes the season 5 trailer looked ****ing awesome
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I watched the series some time ago. The setting isn't that interesting for me and the first season was boring. "I am so different", "I don't have feelings", blah blah blah blah and blah. To someone without feelings, he liked or disliked many things!

Sure, the first season had it's moments. The ending was strong and worked just fine and I fell for Dex's sister. All the pretty expression she used... Still, the first season felt like it was made to people who think they are different than others and have oh-so-strange and cold, logical view of good and evil. The ones who have never been a part of some bigger than life love story or don't get overly happy when they got their dream job and because of it think they don't have much feelings. Yeah, people like that are SO rare and disturbed...

After I suffered through first season (thank you, knitting!), the series got much better. Emo-ness got tuned down and there was more dark humor. At the same time themes became more interesting: Dex's addiction, how he worked to cover it and how he ended up taking the risks when the addiction took over. Cold manipulation. The same problems all people with families tend to have, and last but not least, Dex's personal growth as a human being. At first he felt like a teenager (I think I once said he was like your standard high school nihilist) but at the end of the 4th season, he was a grown up.

Oh, 5th season, you can't begin too early! ^^

Comment

Just finished the first season, can't wait to start on season 2 Yeah, I'm hooked
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

*watches trailer* AWESOME!!!! oh, and to whoever was trying to remember/list the big cases for each season, the one you missed was Dex himself. the "Bay Harbor Butcher"
                      Spoiler:
                      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                      I caught frogs and called them prince
                      And made myself a queen
                      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                      I slept in castles and fell in love
                      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                      To capture tinkerbell
                      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                      And anything I can to get by
                      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Halfway through the second season, and it's even better than the first season That Lila chick isn't hard too look at either
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

season 4 comes out on dvd this tuesday, so season 5 must be starting soon

sigpic

Comment

according to wiki, season 5 will premiere sept 26th, and this is spoilers from teh wiki site

for those that haven't seen season 4, do NOT click, cause you don't want to be spoiled trust me
                            Spoiler:

Showtime has renewed Dexter for a fifth season, which is set to premiere on September 26, 2010.[7] Julia Stiles will guest star in 10 episodes as a new woman in Dexter's life.[8] Shawn Hatosy will appear in a multiple episode arc as a "bad guy".[9] Maria Doyle Kennedy will also join the cast of Dexter in Season 5 as an Irish nanny. April Lee Hernandez has been called for a recurring role as a police officer. Jonny Lee Miller has been added to the cast, and will have something to do with Julia Stiles' character.[10] Also Peter Weller will join the cast and he will be playing "a troubled Miami Metro police officer who gets caught up in an internal affairs investigation." The actor will appear in eight of the twelve episodes.[11]

On July 24, 2010, at Comic-Con, an annual fan convention in San Diego, California, a trailer was debuted that showed some of what to expect from Dexter in Season 5. He appears to be a principal suspect in Rita's murder, struggles to satisfy the Dark Passenger while being a single father, and must also contend with a very bitter Astor

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              according to wiki, season 5 will premiere sept 26th, and this is spoilers from teh wiki site

for those that haven't seen season 4, do NOT click, cause you don't want to be spoiled trust me
                              Spoiler:

Showtime has renewed Dexter for a fifth season, which is set to premiere on September 26, 2010.[7] Julia Stiles will guest star in 10 episodes as a new woman in Dexter's life.[8] Shawn Hatosy will appear in a multiple episode arc as a "bad guy".[9] Maria Doyle Kennedy will also join the cast of Dexter in Season 5 as an Irish nanny. April Lee Hernandez has been called for a recurring role as a police officer. Jonny Lee Miller has been added to the cast, and will have something to do with Julia Stiles' character.[10] Also Peter Weller will join the cast and he will be playing "a troubled Miami Metro police officer who gets caught up in an internal affairs investigation." The actor will appear in eight of the twelve episodes.[11]

On July 24, 2010, at Comic-Con, an annual fan convention in San Diego, California, a trailer was debuted that showed some of what to expect from Dexter in Season 5. He appears to be a principal suspect in Rita's murder, struggles to satisfy the Dark Passenger while being a single father, and must also contend with a very bitter Astor
                              *squeaks* can't wait for the new series to start. FX just started showing S4 here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I'm re-watching it on telly!

Gah, this is going to be a great season, I can feel it in my water!

sigpic

Comment

I just bought my s4 dvd's, and i'm off mon - wed next week, so i see a marathon in my future

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X