Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with your reaction about the finale
    Spoiler:

Let Dex die. That whole 'survived a hurricane' junk....well glad they were on the ocean cause they jumped the shark with that one. Just let him die.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I agree with your reaction about the finale
      Spoiler:

Let Dex die. That whole 'survived a hurricane' junk....well glad they were on the ocean cause they jumped the shark with that one. Just let him die.
      Now that I've had a chance to think about it, I'm gonna stick with my initial gut feeling:

Spoiler:
      If his intention was to disappear in the storm instead of die, why on earth would he take Deb's body from the hospital? There's no doubt that he would've been caught on the hospital security and identified by at least one of the nurses on duty, so it really wouldn't have made a difference if he left her body there after turning off the machines. It seems a monstrously selfish move on his part to take her out onto the water and bury her at sea if he was just going to fake his death and disappear because it means that none of the other people who loved her could say their goodbyes and bury/cremate her according to her wishes. If he's meant to be dead, no one will be looking for him and it wouldn't matter if he didn't get rid of the body.

The only explanation I can think of for this is that he did intend on dying out there, and perhaps he also saw Deb as his final victim and he always buries his victims at sea. So why have him survive? So that he has to live with what he's done? Meeehhhhhh. Seems really weak to me. I have a terrible feeling that TPTB wanted to leave it open ended - perhaps they are contemplating a movie or something. Yuck.

I can hear some of you shouting at me already, but I think it would've been much better to bring back Lumen instead of Hannah. I always thought his emotional connection to Lumen was much more believable than his connection to Hannah. He was genuinely distraught when she left at the end of season 5. Lumen wasn't a cold-blooded killer, but still got the revenge/vigilante justice angle on Dexter's chosen 'kills'. She was much more humanising than Hannah. Also, we saw Deb compromise her beliefs for the first time with Lumen when she let her and Dexter get away. She would've been a good reminder for Deb that part of Dexter did, in a twisted way, want to help people. I think she would've been a better link between them all than the woman who tried to kill Debra and lied about it.

I'm not sure yet what my overall impression of Vogel was. I liked her better in the beginning, she seemed colder, more calculating, and then all of a sudden she becomes this weak-minded fool because she realises the person who has been sending her bits of peoples' brains his her son. The son that murdered her other son but who she can somehow help the way she helped Dexter. Except (big neon sign here) - Dexter would never have hurt Debra. Dexter is different. End of story.

So was he really a psychopath? A brief glance of the interwebs seems to indicate that Dexter's behaviour was that of a sociopath, not a psychopath. How did Vogel get that one so very wrong?
      sigpic
      sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Oh, I totally agree with you, ST! Especially about Lumen vs Hannah! I also liked the introduction of Vogel but in the end she, like most of the season, was just a disappointment.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Oh, I totally agree with you, ST! Especially about Lumen vs Hannah! I also liked the introduction of Vogel but in the end she, like most of the season, was just a disappointment.
          Yay! Someone else who liked Lumen.

I wonder if the writers even thought about it and just couldn't get Julia Stiles back?
          sigpic
          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

I'm not sure. I don't think she's been busy, but I do know that a lot of fans didn't seem to like her or 'her' season so that might be why they didn't bring her back. I always thought Dexter had more in common and more chemistry with Lumen than he ever had with Hannah. The latter was just a really bad plot device, but apparently that's okay because the actress is supposedly 'hot' so (male) fans didn't mind.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
            X