Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    I haven't seen any of season 4, as I wait for them to be on DVD... it is agonizing not clicking on the spoiler tags hah hah!
    Ouch! I guess it's worth it though, I prefer things on DVD so I can watch at my own pace and not have to wait a week inbetween. Sometimes is can't be helped though, I can't miss any of Dexter, Supernatural, Heroes, Flash Forward.... oh ok, I don't wait for much!!

sigpic

Comment

I started doing that as a result of Lost actually, I just couldn't rationalize waiting such long periods in between to find out what happened in a show like Lost. I have seasons 1-4 on my shelf, and season 5 preordered. I have only completed seasons 1-3. When six comes out on DVD im going to sit down and watch it beginning to end. I know i'm insane but it seems the best way to do it for me, spare me the pain of waiting on the annoyance of forgetting stuff.
      Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

dexter can and did frame someone

he framed dokes for his killings as the 'bay harbor butcher'

he temporarily framed another guy to get the cops off his back

i think, if it came down to survival, he'd frame someone. thing is, as long as he keeps to THe Code, he'll keep the cops and public off his back. Cause as long as it's the dregs of society and random killers that vanish, the cops won't care too much. and that's what's allowed Dexter to keep killing.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

harrison...dexter's son's name.....I probably made a connection that everyone else has, that he's named after dex's father, Harry

sigpic

Comment

so, guessing into Trinity's motivation
            Spoiler:

lundy speculates that he's coming full circle, with those 30 year old murders

I wonder if he's remaking events of his life.

his sister commits suicide, his mother jumped to her death, perhaps after being coerced into it by her husband, then Trinity bludgeoned his father out of revenge.

i wonder...what if Lundy is going to be the bludgeon victim? and he'll get some bit of physical evidence, dna, or sometihng that convicts trinity

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
              OK, got 'em. Let's go!

*waits impatiently for ep 3 to download*
              Let's go....
              Spoiler:
              Anton

.....hunting next time. I am extremely annoyed by him.

Lundy is the right guy for Deb.

I've just watched episode 3, and so far it looks like season 4 will be better than season 3. It is a bit early to tell, but so far so good.
              Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 13 October 2009, 07:48 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

i was sticking my finger down my throat every time Lundy and Deb made out >.< gross

Comment

well, after last sunday's episode

Spoiler:
                  doesn't look like you'll have to worry about that.

i wonder though, when they put together the pieces....quinn, in essence, got lundy killed with his pillow talk to the reporter. wonder when debra will realize that trinity possibly killed lundy to get lundy off his back?

trinity doesn't have a 'code' as much as he does a compulsion. and i can see him killing someone to keep free.

what i haven't figured out yet is why Trinity got himself roughed up.

sigpic

Comment

I can't say I'm entirely convinced it was Trinity - or at least, directly. Trinity is a serial killer - incredibly methodic; he does his three specific kills and then he moves on. And he's been doing this for 30 years.

Even though he is in fear and suspects he might have been found, I can't say I'm so sure that Trinity would have gone so far out of his routine (shooting both of them) to deal with it.

My guess is that either he got someone else to do it, or that it wasn't him - though It's still a possibility it was him, I think.

Part of me actually wants it to be Anton that did it.

Comment

true, it might not be trinity. anton shooting lundy i could see, but deb? is anton really that possessive that he'd shoot her too?

it is a bit off for it to be trinity, but he's the only established character with a reason for shooting him.

maybe it was just a 'i'm pissed at you' something, someone that lundy prosecuted/persecuted.

sigpic

Comment

Well, if he shot Lundy there's no way he'd be able to get out of there if he didn't shoot deb; it's obvious Deb isn't going to die, so if it was the only way out and he knew she wasn't going to suffer any permanent physical damage from it, he might. That also might end up bringing her closer to him (at least until she finds out), to try and deal with the trauma. Something that he certainly wouldn't mind.

I'm also toying with the idea of it being Quinn, but that's even more unlikely than Anton.

Comment

i'm trying to remember who lundy might have pissed off in season two, who'd take him on out of revenge

sigpic

Comment

great episode tonight (11-1)

but wow, is the science messed up

Spoiler:
                            first masuko finds dna in cremains...which doesn't happen. Cremated remains are sterile. no dna ever survives.

then Masuko says 'the mitochondrial DNA i found, it's female'

dude, mitochondrial dna is, by its very definition, female. It's dna passed - unchanged - from mother to child
                            This means that Mitochondrial DNA is passed from a mother to her children, which also makes it useful for tracing individuals’ maternal lineage. So, that while both sons and daughters inherit mtDNA from their mothers, only daughters can pass their mtDNA to their children.
                            - from wiki

so, two really big mess ups on parts of the writers

doesn't keep it from being a really good eps though

john lithgow is great as a killer and it's like watching a train wreck to see Dexter's 'perfect life' unravel

sigpic

Comment

wow, the s4 finale just aired and OMG

Spoiler:
                              dude, just when you think he's going to get away with it, arthur kills rita. wow.

i'm wondering how Dex will handle it

first, does he call the cops and be the grieving husband? then how does he explain the connection between him and Trinity? He has to stay away from Trinity's family because they'll out him as Kyle Butler. and i think Deb is already suspicious, given that the Ice Truck Killer is his brother. she has to wonder if Dex is frakked up too. (the look she gave him when she saw him in that garage.

Or does Dex hide Rita's body? and make it like she's run off? Safest in one way, but that'll just really awaken Deb's suspicions. she'll think that Dex killed her.

I dunno, i have the funniest feeling that the theme of season five will be Deb hunting Dex. Does she understand what he is? or does she want to kill him?

there's no denying that Deb is having issues. First being engaged to Brian, then having Anton taken by the Skinner, then Lundy and Trinity....one more link to one more serial killer might just push her over the edge.

or will that be how Dex gets out of it? Have her locked up? Does it come down to 'her or me'?

the possibilities are endless and oh so intriguing

I gotta watch the reair again.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Spoiler:
                                Rita's death was probably one of the best twist endings I've seen in along time.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                dude, just when you think he's going to get away with it, arthur kills rita. wow.

i'm wondering how Dex will handle it

first, does he call the cops and be the grieving husband? then how does he explain the connection between him and Trinity? He has to stay away from Trinity's family because they'll out him as Kyle Butler. and i think Deb is already suspicious, given that the Ice Truck Killer is his brother. she has to wonder if Dex is frakked up too. (the look she gave him when she saw him in that garage.

Or does Dex hide Rita's body? and make it like she's run off? Safest in one way, but that'll just really awaken Deb's suspicions. she'll think that Dex killed her.

I dunno, i have the funniest feeling that the theme of season five will be Deb hunting Dex. Does she understand what he is? or does she want to kill him?

there's no denying that Deb is having issues. First being engaged to Brian, then having Anton taken by the Skinner, then Lundy and Trinity....one more link to one more serial killer might just push her over the edge.

or will that be how Dex gets out of it? Have her locked up? Does it come down to 'her or me'?

the possibilities are endless and oh so intriguing
                                Yeah, they are. It's such a shame that we have to wait almost an entire year for the next season.
                                Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 14 December 2009, 06:31 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X