Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh My God!
    Spoiler:
    I can't believe Rita's dead. I guess it might have been a little boring if he got away with it but I was so sure he had. What is Dexter going to do? I don't think he'll try to cover it up but I do wonder what everyone will think of the trinity connection. Even though it would be lame part of me is hoping it was all a horrible dream.

To think we have to wait so long for the next season. It's going to be agony.
    You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
    -Libba Bray

Comment

to paraphrase john lithgow (he gave a short interview after the episode)
      Spoiler:

I don't envy the writers trying to get out of this (paraphrased)

You know, it would have been interesting had the police simply gotten him and caught him and he died somehow, thus keeping dexter's secret but removing that tie.

then again, i wonder if the fbi will ever get suspicious of the number of serial killers that just 'vanish' in miami?
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow.
        Those last couple minutes just felt utterly surreal, as if they weren't actually happening. I had to rewatch it a few times, and even then it still has a tinge of surreality to it.

Comment

We have all these shows out there that talk about being 'edgy', I don't think Dexter is talked about that way, but it is. It's edgy in that you have characters doing unexpected but not 'out of character' things. You have plot twists and turns that you just can't keep up with or didn't see telegraphed a mile away.

You go from totally unexpected to totally deserved.
          Spoiler:

can you imagine Dexter's horror?

ok, so he got trinity. realized that his search for a mentor led him down a really bad path. so he stopped trinity. barely, but he stopped him. And saw a glimpse of what he might become. (although with his code, i don't think i see Dexter going as nuts as trinity, Dexter isnt' totally a sociopath, the code has, deliberately or not, instilled come caring and love into him)

and how badly do you think Dex will regret not torturing the crud out of trinity?

In one way, i see the logic of this storyline. Dex's family was making things tough on him. He was making mistakes and almost getting caught. (and may have already outed himself to Deb, as much as she puts 2 and 2 together)

for Dex to be successful, he needs to not have a family. And they've pretty much gotten rid of it. I see the kids being given to the grandparents. But now does he deal with it now?

trinity broke his mould with Rita. he'd never killed a mother in the tub as far as we know. that will stand out to Deb. She may suspect that Dex did it. he's going to have to deal with that. no matter how it's handled. whether he calls the cops and they know that trinity killed rita, or if dex hides her, which will be even worse for him i think

and then trinity will vanish. Arthur Mitchell will vanish. the FBI won't get suspicious? that's 4 serial killers that have vanished in Miami. the ice truck killer, the skinner ( i thought there was another one) and now Trinity.

And deb has been involved in them all.

I know the show has one more season. And there may be more, dunno. I do remember, back in s1, Dex had a 'dream' where he's walking out of the police station, being praised and applauded....i have this image of that dream repeating itself, but it's with Dex getting caught and perp walked out.

sigpic

Comment

epic ending.

Spoiler:
            got the idea it might be a "dream" though.............. maybe i was 'filling up' at that point thought the camera had the same effect it has when he's talking to harry. could be wrong though

i called it first if it does happen
            sigpic
            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

lol

you have dibs on that plot twist

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                lol

you have dibs on that plot twist
                not like it hasn't happened before...... remember bobby ewing?
                sigpic
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

vividly

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    vividly
                    now i'm thinking of crossovers, unfortunatly i can't get the title "dexter does dallas" out of my mind, and that sounds like a different type of movie
                    sigpic
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

LOL

there's only one quibble that i have with your theory....I hate shows that take fantastic and dramatic turns that then reset them with 'it's all a dream' or something like that.

it's fun to watch the status quo be broken on a weekly basis

sigpic

Comment

Omelette du fromage.

Oh, we're talking about another Dexter? He's okay I guess.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I had to dig out this thread, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this awesome show.

Here is the trailer for upcoming season 5. Looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE
                          sigpic

Comment

there is a little when new eps are airing....but then 40ish weeks with nothing

I can't wait to see how they get Dex out of the mess he's in now

sigpic

Comment

Just started on the first season... Enjoying it so far
                              Mia: Don't you hate that?
                              Vincent: Hate what?
                              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I had to dig out this thread, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this awesome show.

Here is the trailer for upcoming season 5. Looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE
                                I-I-I... *speechless*

I want new episodes now, dammit!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X