Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogler View Post
    I too love Dexter! What is the new season start date?
    Ditto on the love Dexter. I've been buying the seasons as they come out to watch. I don't get Showtime, but during the writer's strike some years back, they showed Dexter S1 and I was hooked right away. Then I was able to watch it streaming on Netflix, but they only has S1 and S2, then, so I just started buying. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait on S6 (current run) until it's out on DVD or streaming on Netflix. Outstanding series!
    sigpic

Comment

same thing with me. I'd heard how good it was, but didn't have showtime and got hooked during the writers strike.
      Then i got showtime, found a s1 marathon, and s2 marathon and got hooked on the show.

I own the dvd's and it should be odd that I like a show about a serial killer so much

the premiere was great and it set up so much.
      I can't wait for next sunday
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I own the dvd's and it should be odd that I like a show about a serial killer so much

the premiere was great and it set up so much.
        I can't wait for next sunday
        Since I'm fan of Criminal Minds, CSIs it's not odd for me to have been drawn in. It actually merges them all Michael C. Hall is amazing. I'm watching Six Feet Under right now, just to see how he was (very different, I must say, and yet not) in that.

Much as I wish I could see the show now, having to wait gives me something to look forward to.
        sigpic

Comment

The season premiere was awesome! Unlike many shows, it was soooo worth the wait. I can't wait to see what's going to happen this season! I had already watched the trailer weeks ago and I love how they have things from the entire season in it, instead of just the premiere. It's going to be awesome, I just know it.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/119/1198508p1.html

I hope TPTB resolve this issue, so many of my shows have come to an end (24, lost, Smallville, SGU, entourage,and chuck and Eureka next year) making me check out alot of newer shows which with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 arent as good as the shows mentioned above, it would suck to have to lose another show

I love this show and want it to continue
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I don't want to see the show end. I understand their want to be paid.

On the other hand, holding out for a million dollars for roughly a week's work (24 million per season, 13 episodes per season) while people are literally choosing between putting gas in teh car or eating??????

Disappointing.

it'll work out or it won't. And i think the only concern will be that I think they're done with s6 filming so if the show ends it likely will just end and not wrap up.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't want it to end either and considering what other shows pay some of their (voice) actors and how successful and awesome Dexter is, they should just give him the four million extra. It's not like it's a big loss for them if they can already afford to pay him $20 million.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

decent episode of Dexter this week, not as great as last weeks oh and

i didnt see that coming for Debra wow oh and believe we have a female Mizuka
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I'd seen a spoiler for Deb in her new role, so I knew what was coming.

Spoiler:
                    I'm so glad she turned down Quinn's proposal, I don't think they were a good match for something more than they had. Not too fond of the new intern...
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I'd seen a spoiler for Deb in her new role, so I knew what was coming.

Spoiler:
                      I'm so glad she turned down Quinn's proposal, I don't think they were a good match for something more than they had. Not too fond of the new intern...
                      I dont exactly like Quinn, i was kinda hoping he would kick the bucket last season courtesy of Dexter..... oh well

as i said shes a female mizuka i wouldnt be suprised if she sticks around past s6, if we get past s6
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        as i said shes a female mizuka i wouldnt be suprised if she sticks around past s6, if we get past s6
                        But he's funny in a creepy and cringe-worthy way and she's just over the top. I mean, that outfit and her ass up in the air? Come on...
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          But he's funny in a creepy and cringe-worthy way and she's just over the top. I mean, that outfit and her ass up in the air? Come on...
                          IDK i just think thats just how mizuka would be if he was a she i even think mizuka was kind of over the top in the first couple of seasons untill he mellowed abit
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I agree, the intern is a bit ridiculous. I hope she's just providing some light humour and not sticking around.
                            sigpic
                            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I don't want to see the show end. I understand their want to be paid.

On the other hand, holding out for a million dollars for roughly a week's work (24 million per season, 13 episodes per season) while people are literally choosing between putting gas in teh car or eating??????

Disappointing.

it'll work out or it won't. And i think the only concern will be that I think they're done with s6 filming so if the show ends it likely will just end and not wrap up.
                              I think they'll work it out.. the ratings are up so naturally the actors ask for more money. I don't think they can afford to lose the show, it's popular and a critical success.

They should really have a chance to wrap it up when it does end. It can't go on forever.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

OK here is something i have often wondered throughout the course of this show

Do you guys think the Dark Passenger is using Harry's image into manipulating Dexter to kill people? or is it just something as simple as Dexter missing Harry/wanting advice?

IDK if it answers that kinda thing in the books as ive never read them but i was wondering what your theories were
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X