Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, you can call me Storm. I am beginning to slip into the depths of Gate-Aholism. I must see atleast one episode a day (mostly on Mondays, if the ep. stinks then I don't watch, but not many do) , and become edgy and anxious if i don't. I make Gate references all the time. Stargate is in my brain constantly, almost everything reminds me of Stargate. Seeing hi-res water screen-shots of video games, anything with the word gate in it, anyone mentions a name used in Gate i think of it, say the word ship and I think of the Deadie and Prommie. Anyone remember the episode of "South Park" called "Sea People?" Yeah, saw their little civilization and thought Stargate. I see a snake and think Apophis, I see a picture of Sephiroth from behind, and think its Steve the Wraith. Thank the Ori my brother is one of us, and my sister isn't far behind. OMG!!! Look, I did it again "Thank the Ori...", and I'm a Christian. May Hathor have mercy on me!! ****!! SORRY THOR!! AHHH!!! FORGIVE ME GOD!! wow, i need help.

Comment

the first step is admitting you have a problem:
      Originally posted by theStormWeaver
      I am beginning to slip into the depths of Gate-Aholism.
      check

the second step is realising your not alone
      well this is a Gate-aholics thread, ain't it
      check

the third step is realising just how far your obsession goes
      I must see atleast one episode a day (mostly on Mondays, if the ep. stinks then I don't watch, but not many do) , and become edgy and anxious if i don't. I make Gate references all the time. Stargate is in my brain constantly, almost everything reminds me of Stargate. Seeing hi-res water screen-shots of video games, anything with the word gate in it, anyone mentions a name used in Gate i think of it, say the word ship and I think of the Deadie and Prommie. Anyone remember the episode of "South Park" called "Sea People?" Yeah, saw their little civilization and thought Stargate. I see a snake and think Apophis, I see a picture of Sephiroth from behind, and think its Steve the Wraith. Thank the Ori my brother is one of us, and my sister isn't far behind. OMG!!! Look, I did it again "Thank the Ori...", and I'm a Christian. May Hathor have mercy on me!! ****!! SORRY THOR!! AHHH!!! FORGIVE ME GOD!! wow, i need help.
      almost there
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Seeing hi-res water screen-shots of video games
        I just recently got a 17" iMac. I was/am THRILLED to get it. I had high high hopes for this computer ... I was going to get a Stargate wall paper, do a whole Stargate theme! I was so thrilled. Unfortunately, the only wall papers I could find -- and I'm very picky about what I'll use ... I like "official" things over fan made items -- did not fit properly on my widescreen, everyone's head was cut off. I have a picture of ripping water -- and you know what? I'm thrilled to have it .

At WORK I have a Stargate theme going

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

everytime my mom sees me on the internet she asks how are the other gateheads?
          Stargate Pants Girl
          (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
          Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
            Wow, so how much is all this costing (I bet a professional place is not cheap).

So your friend, does he have to make up the story lines, write the scripts, direct it etc. How many has he done.

srg
            About $1,300 total for the whole deal for my wraith costume, but that pretty much includes everything except the prosthethics. (It's about $1,100 for the costume, and $200 for the contacts). Yes, it's rather expensive, but well worth the costs.

As for writing the scripts, i've written one or two of the films. He does most of the brainstorming, and writing. Although he calls me incessantly looking for ideas and I also serve as the editor, since he runs the scripts by me before publishing them for the actors. He directs for the most part, since he's the main cameraman. He's made about 6 films total right now.

Comment

Anyone in withdrawal for SG, make sure if you haven't already, watch the 4400. You'll be blown away. I avoided it for a while and just recently watched the whole thing and was absolutly stunned...now I'm in 4400 withdrawal...serious cliffhanger.

Comment

Hi guys, my name isn't Melpomene -people here call me Mel- but I'm starting to think it is because I spend so much time on forums. I'm addicted to Stargate SG-1 and I've started getting involved in atlantis. I know I'm an addict because I quote the characters, and I think about them all the time, and celebrate the characters birthdays -this week is a very special week for me as Jack's birthday is coming up-, and the actors birthdays -RDA's anyway- I've given everybody in my family an SG-1 alter-ego and am working on Altantis ones....Let's see... I name personal belongings after characters... My notes from class were always surrounded my scribbling of character names... Oh, and me and my sister saw a screencap of Aragorn (from Lord of the Rings) with a bright light shining around him and we both agreed he looked ascended. When I consider buying something I measure the price by what percent of a box set it is. I'm an addict.

Comment

I need help - I have all of the forms neccessary to change my legal name to P3X-289.
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Thank the Ori my brother is one of us, and my sister isn't far behind. OMG!!! Look, I did it again "Thank the Ori...", and I'm a Christian. May Hathor have mercy on me!! ****!! SORRY THOR!! AHHH!!! FORGIVE ME GOD!! wow, i need help.
                    Note my signature.
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                      Anyone in withdrawal for SG, make sure if you haven't already, watch the 4400. You'll be blown away. I avoided it for a while and just recently watched the whole thing and was absolutly stunned...now I'm in 4400 withdrawal...serious cliffhanger.
                      I'm with you on that one!
                      On the other board I'm on I started a 4400 thread and, like, no one (okay four people) posted to it so it was practically dead ... and since the show was over for the season I started talking to the only other poster about Stargate ... and that's how all this happened. He made the unfortunately mistake of mentioning this place and, well, I haven't been right since.

Adrianne
                      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Yeah, I watched the original mini-series, and avoided the show after that (very dissapointing) But I started watching it again and i've found it to be excellent. It definetely improved over the mini-series and the early episodes. It gives me hope for the rest of Season 9 and Season 10

For the past 6 months i've been attempting to find a way to turn my brain into a dedicated Stargate server, which would store all things Stargate, and would be the main server for a Forum rivaling Gateworld. My inspiration came from the episode that a computer program took over Carter's body. All I need is to hook up my head with some delicate instruments and a highpower reciever/transmiter and download a custom made OS into my brain. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes and a trip to radio shack

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                          I need help - I have all of the forms neccessary to change my legal name to P3X-289.
                          that's an interesting choice... any particular reason you chose that specific Gate address?
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Slightly off topicish:

i don't know if anyone else notices it, but if you hit Page 4, the banner ads at the top of the page are for "Garage Door openers" and "remote garage door openers." The first post on the page mentions "GDO's" and "garage openers." A coincidence?

On topic:
                            I asked that famous question "what are we feeding on tonight?" (what's for dinner?) and my dad said "the dog." Boy, did that one ever throw me off for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                              About $1,300 total for the whole deal for my wraith costume, but that pretty much includes everything except the prosthethics. (It's about $1,100 for the costume, and $200 for the contacts). Yes, it's rather expensive, but well worth the costs.

As for writing the scripts, i've written one or two of the films. He does most of the brainstorming, and writing. Although he calls me incessantly looking for ideas and I also serve as the editor, since he runs the scripts by me before publishing them for the actors. He directs for the most part, since he's the main cameraman. He's made about 6 films total right now.
                              So for £139 plus postage you to can have your own GDO!

Are you on his course? If not doesn't that mean your technically doing some of his "assignments" or him? But if it's for the fun of it then what the hell!

srg
                              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                                So for £139 plus postage you to can have your own GDO!

Are you on his course? If not doesn't that mean your technically doing some of his "assignments" or him? But if it's for the fun of it then what the hell!

srg
                                I'm not in film school. I do it for the love of being a fan. And besides, what better way to be fan than to make your own short films. Granted, the films are stellar by any means, and it takes work and effort. But i enjoy it more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X