Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have serious issues when it comes to the stargate universe, especially Atlantis. Yesterday, i asked my parents (for like the hundredth time) "what are we feeding on tonight?" In other words, "what's for dinner"? Today, i asked my dad where the "GDO" was. (Yes, i actually called it a GDO - which is what it really is: the garage door opener. Our garage door has a remote thingy).

There are some people here (noobs mostly) that think i'm a wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      I have serious issues when it comes to the stargate universe, especially Atlantis. Yesterday, i asked my parents (for like the hundredth time) "what are we feeding on tonight?" In other words, "what's for dinner"? Today, i asked my dad where the "GDO" was. (Yes, i actually called it a GDO - which is what it really is: the garage door opener. Our garage door has a remote thingy).

I seem to recall that 'GDO' is actually SGC-slang for garage door opener in the show.
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Hi

My name is Steve and I'm a Gate-a-holic. It has been building in me for years and now I seem to be thinking of bearly anything else, it's just such a great show. Atlantis is really hotting up now and that is what I'm liking mainly at the moment. I've only recently found Gateworld and can't.......resitst.......can't keep away from it........

@TechnoWraith:

Oh what ever gave up that idea Somehow it seems to me that you're a wraith-a-holic

Would you you be disturbed if you said "what are we feeding on tonight" and your dad said "[insert name] next door"?

srg
        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
          @TechnoWraith:

Oh what ever gave up that idea Somehow it seems to me that you're a wraith-a-holic

Would you you be disturbed if you said "what are we feeding on tonight" and your dad said "[insert name] next door"?

srg
          I would probably start laughing if my dad (or mom) gave that answer.

Comment

I would probably start laughing if my dad (or mom) gave that answer.
            What is it about the wraith in particular that gets your imagination?

srg
            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
              What is it about the wraith in particular that gets your imagination?

srg
              I have a friend who attends film school. He has to make short films to fulfill class requirements. So he makes short films based on Atlantis. I play a wraith in his films. Other friends play the other various characters.

Comment

I have a friend who attends film school. He has to make short films to fulfill class requirements. So he makes short films based on Atlantis. I play a wraith in his films. Other friends play the other various characters.
                I see, how far do you get with the "transformation", do just put on the wig+costume and paint your face green or something, or is there more to it than that?

So just like James, your the token wraith

srg
                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                  I see, how far do you get with the "transformation", do just put on the wig+costume and paint your face green or something, or is there more to it than that?

So just like James, your the token wraith

srg
                  We started out with a generic "Steve" costume, which works out well. Hoever, i'm having a professional costume house make a "real" wraith costume (which i plan on wearing to Vancouver to the Stargate Convnetion next year). The costume house is taking care of just about evertything: wig, costume, and some of the basic make-up. The prosthethics i have to look into, because the costume house doesn't do prosthethics. but they did direct me to places that do. And the contacts for the wraith eyes i ordered from my eye doctor a couple weeks ago. So, yes, there's a bit that goes into it. James Lafazanos, the actor who plays the wraiths in Atlantis, said he spends about 2 hours in wardrobe making the transformation for the show. It doesn't take me nearly that long, but once the "real" costume and make-up deal gets done, it will take me about an hour to make the complete transformation. At least that's what the costume house said.

Comment

We started out with a generic "Steve" costume, which works out well. Hoever, i'm having a professional costume house make a "real" wraith costume (which i plan on wearing to Vancouver to the Stargate Convnetion next year). The costume house is taking care of just about evertything: wig, costume, and some of the basic make-up. The prosthethics i have to look into, because the costume house doesn't do prosthethics. but they did direct me to places that do. And the contacts for the wraith eyes i ordered from my eye doctor a couple weeks ago. So, yes, there's a bit that goes into it. James Lafazanos, the actor who plays the wraiths in Atlantis, said he spends about 2 hours in wardrobe making the transformation for the show. It doesn't take me nearly that long, but once the "real" costume and make-up deal gets done, it will take me about an hour to make the complete transformation. At least that's what the costume house said.
                    Wow, so how much is all this costing (I bet a professional place is not cheap).

So your friend, does he have to make up the story lines, write the scripts, direct it etc. How many has he done.

srg
                    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

well it's not like you've tried to disuade them.... this man will wraith anything, or atleast would have before Dr. Weir made him go to rehab....
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Wraith scare the hell out of me. In one recent episode, one jumps/falls out of a tree in the background. I wasn't expected it and screamed bloody murder. Woke my dad from his nap, he thought I was being murdered. I, pretty much, scream whenever one comes on scream. :: Shudder::

Adrianne
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

i believe you're talking about Runner.... that epi was filled with little surprise entrances and exits... you just have to anticipate them... or have nerves of steel
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                            srg
                            I would only be disturbed if to the question "What are we feeding on tonight?", he responded "WESLEY CRUSHER".
                            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

You should have them make a t-shirt that reads - "JOE MALLOZZI takes just like chicken" and wear it as if the WRAITH you are playing is wearing it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                                You should have them make a t-shirt that reads - "JOE MALLOZZI takes just like chicken" and wear it as if the WRAITH you are playing is wearing it himself.
                                That would be pretty funny.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X