Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubs said something last night that made me think. We were watching "The Nox" ep from last week's Stargate Monday. He of course didn't remember a lot of it as he doesn't watch them endlessly with the same obsession that I do, so he was quite involved in the ep. Then he realized that I was just as involved in watching it. His comment was that I already knew exactly what was going to happen which led him to wonder why I watched it so enthusiastically.

I really didn't have an answer other than "it's still good, no matter how many times I watch it".

Didn't make a lot of sense to him. To me either actually. It's just the way it is.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy

My husband pretty much thinks me certifiable because I have a bad tendancy of shouting at the t.v. screen or throwing things at it. Of course then I just video taped him while he was watching one of his hockey games and he shut up right quick.
      I shout at the T.V all the time! Believe me it perfectly sane....

At school everybody knows I love Stargate, my friends think I am way too obssessed, and other people just think i'm mad....
      I'm always getting stupid remarks from people, teasing me about how much I love Stargate.
      And just to prove a point to my CSI loving friend I asked evryone I could wether they though Stargate or CSI was better, after about a week we collected the votes together and, of course, Stargate got the most votes

So I think I can definately be certified as a Gate-a-Holic

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Newbie to the forums, here

I'd say my obsession is mild-to-moderate. I have all the box sets and the SG-1 screensaver installed on my PC and I haunt Gateworld and the forums a bit.

I'm sure lots of others do this as well, but I find myself watching reruns on the tube and thinking, "Why am I watching this with commercials? I have this on DVD!"

A friend of mine once explained why she enjoyed watching things on TV even if she had them on video or DVD...it's the thought that she's watching it at the same time lots of other people are watching it. I thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

I'm brand new to the forum, but I have to say alot of your comments resonated with me. I'm lucky in that my husband is just as obsessed as I am. He has started using "Ya think." and "Chel nak." at work. I like using quotes to. When my first grade son's class went to the zoo last Friday, I used "And we're walking." (2010) to get them to move. The children looked at me strangely like I had grown a second head. But my Andrew, I was so proud, he just said, "What are you all looking at? That's from Stargate Sg-1, our favorite tv show."

Comment

Hello. My name is Sarcazmo, and I am a Gate-aholic.
            I love Gate-ahol. I can't help myself. It started when I was very young...my mother is an RDA fan, and exposed me to him just after I was born.
            I tried to fight it... tried to deny I had any connection with it, but when my friends found out, the slight jabs sent me farther and farther into this hole.
            I'm so far down, I can't watch certain episodes without getting violently mad at some of the writing... I throw things at the TV... It's the only show I watch most days, and I don't change the channel when its on, and if I have to I can't do it without getting anxious.
            *Sob*
            I'm sorry... this is just hard for me...
            - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
            THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
            BM: "Aren't they all?"
            www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
            www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

its ok. we understand your pain. your not alone anymore. now i'm not gonna lie to you, we wont help you quit. basically we've been fooling you into these meetings when in reality this is just an opium den of gate-ahol, a Gate-ahol HOUSE if you will. but we may be able to help each other cope with our addiction. maybe hide it from the outsiders who don't have open minds. and if we're really lucky, we'll be able to convert many of them. it'll be like tv zombies. one change of the channel at juuust the right time and kablamo! they'll be one of us. HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

Comment

My family thinks I'm addicted to Stargate. I don't understand...just because I have to watch it everytime it's on, I own all the dvd sets, I have 5 folders on my computer dedicated to Stargate stuff, I try to convert everyone I know, I speak a little Jaffa (Kree!), I absolutely MUST check out Gateworld every day, I can ramble on about the show forever...what about that makes me addicted?

Tasha
                Tasha
                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                  My family thinks I'm addicted to Stargate. I don't understand...just because I have to watch it everytime it's on, I own all the dvd sets, I have 5 folders on my computer dedicated to Stargate stuff, I try to convert everyone I know, I speak a little Jaffa (Kree!), I absolutely MUST check out Gateworld every day, I can ramble on about the show forever...what about that makes me addicted?

Tasha
                  You sound extremly normal to me
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

HAHAH! I am right there with you both!

Originally posted by TameFarrar

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Only five folders? Still and all I enjoy the photogallery...sweet.

So you hear J.Mallozzi say something about seasons 12 and 13? If Jack is back, then I could need a 12 step program.
                      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Is this thread too old to bring up?

::Twitch::

I'm going through major Stargate Withdrawal. ::Twitch:: I was hoping to find a 12 Step Program to help because I really ... can't ... take ... much ... more of ... this. ::Twitch:: I am so new to Stargate I should not be this addicted.

I don't see any suggestions in this thread ... Like.

Step 1: Accepting your addiction
                        Step 2: Accepting the power of a higher being ...

I get so hung up on Step 2. There's so many to choice from!? The Ancients? The Ori? Go'auld System Lords? Gateworld Mods????

Adrianne
                        (Don't panic ... I'm joking. Kind of )
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

My name is David and I'm a Gateaholic.

For those of you with family members who don't understand wormholes, hyperdrives, or the big deal about Furlings, please be patient with them and refrain from throwing your DVD's at them - it will damage the discs.

And remember, also, the Serenity prayer...
                          God grant me the strength to change the DVD player so that I can watch Stargate the other 23 hours of the day...
                          The serenity to accept that I will never see Sam & Jack married, nor ascend to a higher plain...
                          and the wisdom to know when to call Papa John's* for delivery...

*US pizza delivery company for you InterGateheads and extraterrestials.
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                            And remember, also, the Serenity prayer...
                            God grant me the strength to change the DVD player so that I can watch Stargate the other 23 hours of the day...
                            The serenity to accept that I will never see Sam & Jack married, nor ascend to a higher plain...
                            and the wisdom to know when to call Papa John's* for delivery...

*US pizza delivery company for you InterGateheads and extraterrestials.
                            ::Wipes a tear from her eye::
                            That's the best damn version I've ever heard.
                            Worse than that it's true.

Adrianne
                            (Except I've never tried Papa John's and I'm a fence sitting on the Sam & Jack shipping thing ... But other than that all that ... Just beautiful!)
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

whenever i'm talking with my friends, i'll make a stargate allusion and then we have to halt our conversations so i could explain what i meant, they finally got so tired of having the convo turn into me explain SG, that they actually did some research so we could actually complete a convo on the original topic... they now know enough through internet research that i can have "philosophical debates" about SG... i love my friends....
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                                whenever i'm talking with my friends, i'll make a stargate allusion and then we have to halt our conversations so i could explain what i meant, they finally got so tired of having the convo turn into me explain SG, that they actually did some research so we could actually complete a convo on the original topic... they now know enough through internet research that i can have "philosophical debates" about SG... i love my friends....
                                The dark shadow of addiction spreads.

FYI - There is a movement underway for the legalization of medical Stargate for those with chronic conditions.
                                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X