Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Scott, and I'm a Gateaholic. I've been addicted for many, many years now. Stargate has become a way of life for me. And now I'm turning my Dad into one too. He's in his sixties, and has never been too much into sci-fi, but my addiction finally got to him.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
      The dark shadow of addiction spreads.

FYI - There is a movement underway for the legalization of medical Stargate for those with chronic conditions.
      no... they don't actually watch the show the show... they just make sure they know who the characters are and their personalities, so if i talk about a certain scene, they can be like, "but that doesn't sound like Jack..." or "Daniel did what?"

it's a common curtesy thing we have going... my friends consist of goths, gays, punk rockers, whiggers, anime freaks, and deep south natives... we're very diverse and our convos can be bout just about anything.... literally...

and i wouldn't call my condition chronic just yet... maybe when i loose interest in anime/manga ((my only love greater than stargate.... but i know more bout SG cause it's such a narrow topic compared))
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Hi, I'm Scott, and I'm a Gateaholic. I've been addicted for many, many years now. Stargate has become a way of life for me. And now I'm turning my Dad into one too. He's in his sixties, and has never been too much into sci-fi, but my addiction finally got to him.
        ::Nods understandingly::
        I was watching Stargate today, the six o'clock episode, on SciFi and at the end I clapped soflty like I do because I thought it was funny and sometimes instead of laughing I just clap ... ::Looks down shamefully:: So my mom asked, "What were you clapping for?" and when I explained to her that Jack was acting strangely and he was kind of forced into retirement and Daniel went over his house to see how Jack was taking retirement and Jack basically told him that they aren't friends, never were, and Daniel never truely knew him and Daniel left ... it comes out in the end that it was all made up to rat out a mole. Jack says to Daniel, something like, "I really appreciated your coming to see me, that truely touched me ..." and Daniel says, "Um, no, actually, we picked straws. I lost."

Right, my point. When I told my mom that she covered her face and tried to keep herself from screaming in disbelief and laughing/hyperventilating. She didn't even see the episode and she got it! At eight I ran out to see the 9th season Stargate episode, that I already saw, and she actually laughed at Mitchell's sarcasm! She doesn't even LIKE Mitchell!

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hi my name is Autumn and I am a Gate-a-holic. My mom thinks that I am nuts for being a gatehead. Unfortunitly, (or fortunitly (SP)) i think, that I have turned my mom into one slowly but surely......and I have turned my grump (grandpa) into one too....althought I have to tell him that McGyver is on it for him to watch it......

All I have to say is that STARGATE IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!

If I don't watch an episode for at least a day, I go through withdrawl......even though I have all eight seasons on dvd....man I have got it bad......and repeat lines to myself......plus play episodes in my head when I am sitting in class or at work.........
          Stargate Pants Girl
          (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
          Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

yea... you don't need to know, or like SG (not that i don't like SG, i love SG) to understand SG humor.... comedy for all audiences, and if they don't get it....(not comment)
            sigpic

Comment

Pfft... i can't tear my 'rent's away from their Indian Soaps long enough to even think about programs that are originally in english.... I swear, if the India makes a hindi version of SG, i'm going frakkin nuke them... they've already made their own versions of ER, Full House, Boy Meets World, and few other american soaps.... it's infuriating... Bollywood movies aren't even original anymore... >.< ohgod, bad image of Hindi version SG movie... to paint a piccy, *all* Hindi movies are musicals, there's atleast a min of three songs per movie....
              sigpic

Comment

lmao thats is so me every other word out of me is about stargate i have to see it every day or i flip out
                lol
                carter "colone?"
                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  My husband pretty much thinks me certifiable because I have a bad tendancy of shouting at the t.v. screen or throwing things at it. Of course then I just video taped him while he was watching one of his hockey games and he shut up right quick.
                  Lmao, so I guess that kind of puts us SG fans in the nutty crumb covered booth with the sports fans...though I think our side would be a bit cleaner. I'm always yelling at the TV...especially this S9 I think. Never yelled so hard in me life. Yes, general TV watching with me is a cacophany of groans, moans, indignant shouts, mutters of anger, snickers, snorts, scoffs, guffaws, choking laughs and occasionally a fine spray of whatever I happen to be drinking in an outward direction.

Hehe, My friends and I were arguing about something quite irrelevent one day and I suddenly said "Kegalo Tauri! (silence humans) You're all such a pain in the Nikta, for cryin out loud!" Seriously, I said that. Needless to say I think they're all a little more scared of me now.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                    ::Nods understandingly::
                    I was watching Stargate today, the six o'clock episode, on SciFi and at the end I clapped soflty like I do because I thought it was funny and sometimes instead of laughing I just clap ... ::Looks down shamefully:: So my mom asked, "What were you clapping for?" and when I explained to her that Jack was acting strangely and he was kind of forced into retirement and Daniel went over his house to see how Jack was taking retirement and Jack basically told him that they aren't friends, never were, and Daniel never truely knew him and Daniel left ... it comes out in the end that it was all made up to rat out a mole. Jack says to Daniel, something like, "I really appreciated your coming to see me, that truely touched me ..." and Daniel says, "Um, no, actually, we picked straws. I lost."

Right, my point. When I told my mom that she covered her face and tried to keep herself from screaming in disbelief and laughing/hyperventilating. She didn't even see the episode and she got it! At eight I ran out to see the 9th season Stargate episode, that I already saw, and she actually laughed at Mitchell's sarcasm! She doesn't even LIKE Mitchell!

Adrianne
                    welcome newbe nice to meet ya
                    carter "colone?"
                    o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

when i get frustrated i yell, "oh for crying out loud"

when people think i talk 'bout stargate alot i think of the are mik'tas.....

i hate it when people compare stargate to star trek. 1. stargate is in the NOW 2. star trek is in the future on a ship 3. stargate you go through a stargate to other worlds that have dead cultures DUH HELLO
                      Stargate Pants Girl
                      (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                      Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                        and i wouldn't call my condition chronic just yet... maybe when i loose interest in anime/manga ((my only love greater than stargate.... but i know more bout SG cause it's such a narrow topic compared))
                        Obviously, you didn't get the sly reference that I was making. Oh well.
                        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Pfft... i can't tear my 'rent's away from their Indian Soaps long enough to even think about programs that are originally in english.... I swear, if the India makes a hindi version of SG, i'm going frakkin nuke them... they've already made their own versions of ER, Full House, Boy Meets World, and few other american soaps.... it's infuriating... Bollywood movies aren't even original anymore... >.< ohgod, bad image of Hindi version SG movie... to paint a piccy, *all* Hindi movies are musicals, there's atleast a min of three songs per movie....
                          Curry-flavored jello! YEWW!
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            Lmao, so I guess that kind of puts us SG fans in the nutty crumb covered booth with the sports fans...though I think our side would be a bit cleaner. I'm always yelling at the TV...especially this S9 I think. Never yelled so hard in me life. Yes, general TV watching with me is a cacophany of groans, moans, indignant shouts, mutters of anger, snickers, snorts, scoffs, guffaws, choking laughs and occasionally a fine spray of whatever I happen to be drinking in an outward direction.

Hehe, My friends and I were arguing about something quite irrelevent one day and I suddenly said "Kegalo Tauri! (silence humans) You're all such a pain in the Nikta, for cryin out loud!" Seriously, I said that. Needless to say I think they're all a little more scared of me now.
                            :: Yelling at the TV trying to save Jack, note the Star Trek homage ::
                            "JACK! Take the control crystal from the ring device and put it into the hyperdrive engine! Then route auxillary power throught the deflecter dish and into the shields! Hook up a Naquadah reactor to the navigational controls and you can fly right throught that star and have the Goa'uld mothership crash into the sun!"

Comment

Originally posted by starathena74
                              welcome newbe nice to meet ya
                              I hate being called a newbie but in this case ... I really am one so I thank you for the welcome. I'm afraid I'm going to be a newbie for quite sometime as there's eight seasons yet for me to catch up on But I'm looking forward to all eight

Thanks again for the welcome,
                              Adrianne
                              PS: Re you sig, it's "colonel", you lost an 'l' somewhere along the way.
                              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

My freinds, family, almost everyone I know knows about my addiction to SG! I have serious problem, SG's about all I do. I dont watch much tv anymore cause I'm always on GW when I've got the time. And I CANT WAIT ALL THOSE WEEKS TILL S2 AND S9 CONTINUE!!!! *hyperventilates*
                                Must calm down...must calm down..must calm down...

Originally posted by JSDT
                                My family thinks I'm addicted to Stargate. I don't understand...just because I have to watch it everytime it's on, I own all the dvd sets, I have 5 folders on my computer dedicated to Stargate stuff, I try to convert everyone I know, I speak a little Jaffa (Kree!), I absolutely MUST check out Gateworld every day, I can ramble on about the show forever...what about that makes me addicted?

Tasha
                                I've got 144 subfolders within my Stargate folder And thats not including the stuff I've burnt onto DVD's, the stuff in the downloads folder and the file in the Shared Documents

Originally posted by Boobala
                                All I have to say is that STARGATE IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!
                                That's exactly what I was thinking

SG hindi musical?!! The horror!!! They'd better not do that, I dont think I could stand it! Especially with all that lame acting

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X