This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    I kinda hope we don't hear anything substancial until the season is over (unrealistic, since they'll be well into/nearly done filming by then in all liklihood), just because it would take away the focus and attention from the final episodes of the series.
    Me too.
    sigpic

Comment

i belive its tusday the 9th of january
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
        How much do you think a DVD-movie is gonna cost?
        I reckon about 10 bucks (S9 was about 40). Anyway I think DVD movies are going to be more profitable than the series and we might not get another spin-off but more DVD-movies in the future. What do you think?
        You reckon $10 ? You have to be joking. If it is a dime under $30 I would be shocked. Even just reproducing and packaging already existing footage costs more than 10 bucks.
        Ben Browder ~ Interlopers
        Michael Shanks ~ Local Custom

Comment

Originally posted by quicksilver View Post
          You reckon $10 ? You have to be joking. If it is a dime under $30 I would be shocked. Even just reproducing and packaging already existing footage costs more than 10 bucks.
          If they are going to sell it over iTune or on other medium on the Internet it could cost 10$ without any problems and I think as a Science-Fiction movie it would make sense to begin using new technology more often
          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
          - The Nox

Comment

I kinda hope we don't hear anything substancial until the season is over (unrealistic, since they'll be well into/nearly done filming by then in all liklihood), just because it would take away the focus and attention from the final episodes of the series.
            If they're aiming for a Fall 2007 release date, that would make sense, yeah.

Comment

yeah i think so to

Comment

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
                yeah i think so to
                Yeah me too. Also love your Wraith sig.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  Now that cooper and Wright are off Atlantis to work on the films and the rest of the franchise, replaced full time by Mallozzie and Mullie, does that mean that it is very likely that we will get a third series with them working on it, or is still all just rumour and speculation?
                  Cooper and Wright will be developing the new spinoff. More here:

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=516

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    Cooper and Wright will be developing the new spinoff. More here:
                    No more news there. Just a request to write to TPTB.
                    -

Comment

New info on the movies!

Michael Shanks did an interview with IGN very recently and had this to say about the movies (minor spoilers):

IGN TV: Though there isn't going to be a next season, there was an announcement that movies would be in the works. Are you set to appear in the movies and is there anything you can tell us about what the movies will center around? I didn't know if you'd got those scripts yet or not. I know I heard something about filming starting in April and June.

Shanks: I just finished negotiations - I think most of the cast has finished for appearances in movies - as far as I know, you guys by reading stuff on the Internet know as much as I do, because all we knew were we were going to do two movies, and Rob and Brad were going to pull away from the Atlantis franchise and focus on doing these movies - Rob was going to write one and Brad was going to write one. Rob was going to direct one and I think Martin Wood was going to direct the other.

We know the first shoot date of the first movie is April 15th and the second is around June 1st. As much as I know about the story, the first one Rob is writing and directing has to do with wrapping up the Ori storyline, which is the storyline that has taken prominence for the last two years of the show. I don't know if he is going to wrap it up completely or bring it to some conclusion for the sake of the fans and the franchise, to bring that epic struggle to a close…I don't know how he is going to do it in two hours but it will be pretty interesting to watch.

And Brad is writing one, as far as I know, is a bit more standalone that will involve some kind of time travel and has something to do with our main mustache twiddling villain Baal doing something in the past that alters…he basically finds a way to lift the stargate from Earth so the Stargate Program never happens, and I imagine the characters will have to go through some process to reset the clock and fix everything over the course of two hours. Quite frankly that is as much as I know. I haven't even talked to the guys about it. They told us these pitches in September, so I haven't talked to anyone since then so that could've changed overnight, I have no idea. Everybody is very excited to close the book on the show and maybe it will introduce the possibility of continuing the franchise in the DVD format or taking it to another level and boosting it up to a feature film or it just might be on closing the book on it or another spinoff - who knows. There is a lot of potential for the franchise and it would be a shame just for it to end, but it has been a wonderful run.

The entire interview is here: http://tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        New info on the movies!

Michael Shanks did an interview with IGN very recently and had this to say about the movies (minor spoilers):

The entire interview is here: http://tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p1.html
                        Sweet!!! Thanks for the news update. It is much appreciated.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fabulous update- I like the sound of Ba'al being involved in the second one, that.....somewhat alleviates my concern over another time-travel adventure.

Comment

Fabulous update- I like the sound of Ba'al being involved in the second one, that.....somewhat alleviates my concern over another time-travel adventure.
                            Yeah me too. Grrrr. I want these movies NOW!

Comment

Eh, I don't know about the second DTV; sounds too much like a repeat of what Ra did in the alternate timeline of Moebius. Still, I'm primed for the first one regardless. Hallowed are the Ori --- at least until next Fall...

Comment

Originally posted by JME2 View Post
                                Eh, I don't know about the second DTV; sounds too much like a repeat of what Ra did in the alternate timeline of Moebius. Still, I'm primed for the first one regardless. Hallowed are the Ori --- at least until next Fall...
                                Not necessarily. Keep in mind we know very little and I seriously doubt it will be that similar. Anyway Ra didn't goof up the timeline, we did.

Comment

Working...
                                X