Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second film spoilers confirm how creatively, stone motherless, dead the show has become.

Comment

So it's basically a rip-off of First Contact.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

ok guys, we now have three separate threads

one for discussing the first movie
        one for discussing the second movie
        one for discussing the third series

How about instead of one general thread we try to take these topics to the new threads so that those who wish to avoid spoilers can and those that only wish to discuss one aspect can do that in one place
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think the movies should be cramed full of ship but i do think they should resolve the sam/jack situation by having something shippy on-screen seeing as so many fans have waited for what...10 years. If they weren't gonna give it some sort of conclusion, some closure for the fans, they shouldn't have stuck with it for ten years. When Jack was a permanent character on the show they had a subtle or blatant shippy scene in almost every episode. Even when RDA wasn't in seasons 9 and 10 they alluded to it more than once with things like 'not exactly', ripple effect and the '200' wedding scene, to name but a few. It's not fair to fans if they don't sort it out.

I do like the daniel/vala banter but think they are better suited as friends that tease each other not as a romantic couple as, as someone's mentioned already, they would get boring.

I hope the movies are successful and live up people's expectations but TPTB do have a tendency to mess up when under pressure to come with something brilliant.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Personally, i think the future's bleak. I still enjoy the show, though not as much as i used to, but enough to pay attention to the movies.

Unfortunately, i suspect that if they are straight to DVD, then they'll bomb utterley - however much we kid ourselves, the franchise isn't that big - there aren't enough people out there for it to be a success. I think they have to show it on telly, heavily promoted so it gets high ratings for it to succeed.

If the movie's bomb, the 3rd series could well go with them - and if it contains any of the SG-1 characters which have been developed to a standstill or the new ones who lots don't like, it may also fail before it begins. It has a chance, like Atlantis did with its first season, to enliven the franchise ... but only of it takes it to completely new and fresh areas.

As for Atlantis ... who knows? It's ratings for now are only a tad above SG-1's. And whilst at the moment i think there's a lot of quality there (mixed with the occassional dogs poo), that may not be enough to save it. I, personally, doubt it'll get further than season 5.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
              I don't think the movies should be cramed full of ship but i do think they should resolve the sam/jack situation by having something shippy on-screen seeing as so many fans have waited for what...10 years. If they weren't gonna give it some sort of conclusion, some closure for the fans, they shouldn't have stuck with it for ten years. When Jack was a permanent character on the show they had a subtle or blatant shippy scene in almost every episode. Even when RDA wasn't in seasons 9 and 10 they alluded to it more than once with things like 'not exactly', ripple effect and the '200' wedding scene, to name but a few. It's not fair to fans if they don't sort it out.
              what he/she/human said.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Well I love the Ori and time travel so I think that both will be good and I have no doubt the orriginal cast will be in both as they couldnt call it SG-1 movies if SG-1 wasnt there. They just can't confirm it since no deals have been signed. Oh and yeah it was just a regular Puddle Jumper in the Return.
                all of the main cast have been signed
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

has anyone thought that there might be a crossover between sg-1 and battlestar galactica???

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked, but I don't know where to find the answer. Has the cast for the DVD movies been announced yet?

Comment

In terms of the regular cast, they're all on board for both movies, except maybe Beau Bridges (the last I heard, they were still in negotiations with him).
                      Continuum also has
                      Spoiler:
                      Baal.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        In terms of the regular cast, they're all on board for both movies, except maybe Beau Bridges (the last I heard, they were still in negotiations with him).
                        Continuum also has
                        Spoiler:
                        Baal.

Anything on RDA, Don Davis or perhaps some of the Atlantis cast?

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                          Anything on RDA, Don Davis or perhaps some of the Atlantis cast?
                          All they said is that they are trying to get RDA back for both, but it is likely he'll only be doing one, which they think is Continuum. No idea if Don S. Davis or any of the Atlantis cast will be there, nothings been said yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                            Continuum also has
                            Spoiler:
                            Baal.
                            Is there anywhere in print to confirm which cast members signed for the movies? Last Amanda Tapping said on the URBAN RUSh special is that they'd let to get RDA for the second movie, which leads one to believe he's not in the first movie.

Comment

Anyone know if they will be released in HD on either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD when they are made etc

Comment

i think it says somewhere on Wiki when they are being made i think i also read they were being done in HD somewhere, but what does it matter?

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>
                                Supreme Commander Thor - "I Like The Yellow Ones"

Terra Atlantus
                                Nou Ani Anqueatus
                                Ego Indeo Dormata

Comment

Working...
                                X