Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Hi Joe,

Since Carter and Mitchell will not have an onscreen conversation about being co-leaders in season 9, will it still be obvious that they are co-leaders of SG-1 in the episodes in the second half of season 9? Will they act as co-leaders of SG-1 where the viewing audience can clearly tell that this is so?

No.

Comment

Well, then, what is the point of you saying that Carter and Mitchell are co-leaders? Is it only obvious that Mitchell is leader? Is it only obvious that Carter is leader?

Comment

Originally Posted by chocdoc
        Hi Joe,

Since Carter and Mitchell will not have an onscreen conversation about being co-leaders in season 9, will it still be obvious that they are co-leaders of SG-1 in the episodes in the second half of season 9? Will they act as co-leaders of SG-1 where the viewing audience can clearly tell that this is so?

No.
        There seems to be a lot of issues in season 9 that are addressed on-line rather than on the show. Jack's absences ... The leadership role ... among others. Can you explain why? If you state it here then why not state it on the show?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Ok, Joe, now you've got my interest piqued. And, please know, I'm not at all trying to be insulting in any way.

It's obvious that you guys have painted yourselves into a corner with the whole command debacle. That said, will there be any episodes in the second half where we'll see Carter leading the team, or is this whole co-command spiel just a line of BS and some serious backpedaling on the part of the writers because you realize just how screwed up it looks otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
            Hi Joe,

thx very much for answering my questions.

Could you give us some little information about episodes:

Ethon, Long Goodbye, Inferno and Allies...
            Ethon: I already gave a hint about this episode in a previous post.

Long Goodbye: Alien combatants look to settle an ancient score by using Weir and Sheppard as pawns.

Inferno: The team makes an amazing discovery on a planet on the verge of a catastrophic natural disaster.

Allies: Atlantis strikes a deal with an unlikely ally in their battle against the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
              I thought I did answer this question.

5. The Fans, of course.
              Thanks for answering, how can we not love you... although I should have made it more difficult... ask you who would come 2nd...

Since you are very kind answering are questions today, here is another question that didn't have an answer.

Who makes a great character, When Joe Flanigan was congratulated for his Shep character, he said it was really the writers... when I think about Jack O"neill, I think that it also was in some part RDA, so my question is, What and Who make a great character?

PS: Congrats on your birthday and your 1000 Gateworld Post....!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                Well, then, what is the point of you saying that Carter and Mitchell are co-leaders? Is it only obvious that Mitchell is leader? Is it only obvious that Carter is leader?
                The question was asked, so I answered it.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  There seems to be a lot of issues in season 9 that are addressed on-line rather than on the show. Jack's absences ... The leadership role ... among others. Can you explain why? If you state it here then why not state it on the show?

Thanks for your time.
                  Actually, the only reason they were addressed here to the extent they have is because I was asked to elaborate. There are plenty of other instances where my answers will further elucidate certain issues.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                    Ok, Joe, now you've got my interest piqued. And, please know, I'm not at all trying to be insulting in any way.

It's obvious that you guys have painted yourselves into a corner with the whole command debacle. That said, will there be any episodes in the second half where we'll see Carter leading the team, or is this whole co-command spiel just a line of BS and some serious backpedaling on the part of the writers because you realize just how screwed up it looks otherwise?
                    I believe I've already explained this in a previous response.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      Thanks for answering, how can we not love you... although I should have made it more difficult... ask you who would come 2nd...

Since you are very kind answering are questions today, here is another question that didn't have an answer.

Who makes a great character, When Joe Flanigan was congratulated for his Shep character, he said it was really the writers... when I think about Jack O"neill, I think that it also was in some part RDA, so my question is, What and Who make a great character?

PS: Congrats on your birthday and your 1000 Gateworld Post....!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I think a lot of different individuals go into the making of a great character. The writer. The actor. The director. The producer. And the editor! Yes, the editor plays a huuuuge role in creating a character by choosing the best performances, most flattering shots. I've seen some mighty mediocre characters turned into great character thanks to the magic of the editor.

Comment

Cant we jsut drop the whole command thing? All this 'Whos leading SG-1?' was answered ages ago.

Anyway, you said a couple of posts back that you had pitched some story ideas that didnt really 'take off'. Well what kinds of storys have been pitched by several people but never made into scripts? Could you tell us a few, seeing as they are all dead and buried.
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          ... I've seen some mighty mediocre characters turned into great character thanks to the magic of the editor.
                          As an aprentice editor from the time of nail varnish this picked my interest Can you give any examples from the Stargate universe ?

Comment

Joe,
                            Can you confirm SG-1's renewal, or is it still unknown?

There is a rumor that it has, and here's a link to the rumor.
                            RENEWAL NEWS: SG1 and SGA
                            sigpic

Comment

Wait...wait...wait...whoa...whoa...whoa...hold the phone here, mama...

I just read your comments today and while they may or may not bode well for a Season 10 (as in you still don't know), I saw TWO separate comments by you where you question whether or not you'll be back next year should there be a next year. Now I took from your blog comments that after your crushing losses in Vegas (mmmkay, SLIGHT exaggeration on my part), you were looking forward to returning next year...or at least acknowledged you needed to continue working, and I presumed you meant on Stargate.

Has something happened????

Thanks as always,
                              Mary Beth

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks for asking.Not your fault.I'am sure we would have seen Sam and Jack together while RDA was on the Show if it was your call.

Comment

Working...
                                X