Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3u5
    Thx for all tonight answers and I appologies for another question .

In early Atlantis spoilers there was something about universal translation device, that they found on Atlantis. Why this was never mentioned in the show?

It would answered to question why everybody speaks english...

Thx for your time...
    That's a question that has never really been answered in the show. In my mind, stepping through the gate delivers "translator nanites" into the various travelers, allowing them to communicate in may languages - all of which are translated to English for the viewing audience.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      so, joe,
      as much as i'd hate to see you leave the show, as you've definitely played a very positive role in it since you joined, (lyrics to the theme song, anyone!?!)-
      should you decide not to return, and to create your own show....
      can i have a job?
      Sure.

JOBS FOR EVERYONE!

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
        Since Daniel was given the choice to ascend or not in Threads, I'm assuming he was fully "aware" during his second decent. So, does that mean he chose to descend in Jack's office naked? Or, are you saying Daniel has no memory of what happened in the Diner?

SueS
        Daniel may have chosen to descend, but the circumstances of that descent were not in his control. I'm sure he would have preferred clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
          Hi Joe:
          Maybe it's just my imagination, but you seem a little "down" or depressed tonight. I hope nothing has happened in your personal or professional life to cause you any distress. Just know that I really appreciate all you do for the show and also for the fans. You really put yourself out for both, and I'm afraid some of us fans tend to forget how generous you are to use the little spare time you have to keep us informed of the inner workings and things to come on Stargate.

Anyway, my question: Is it more difficult or easier to do a big story-arc show as opposed to the "stand-alone" stories (which, by the way, I love). Since the latter has to be invented fully, without a story base already developed. Or,is it easier since you don't have to follow the on-going story, you're free to create or establish whatever story-line you wish to follow in the story?
          Much appreciated, but I'm fine. Thanks for the kind words.

Arc-driven episodes are infinitely easier to plot and write than one-offs that tend to have no connection to past storylines and must be wrapped up, nice and neat, by episode's end. But, in my opinion, they are the most satisfying.

Comment

Ok, since you're obviously in a chatty mood here's another question. How do you feel about the way that the show is broadcast? I know that you guys have no say as to how that goes, but how do you feel about say, the long midseason hiatus on Scifi? Do you think that the show would be better recieved if all twenty episodes were aired consecutively, ratings notwithstanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              If Ben Browder is the resident stunt man, would Michael Shanks be the resident guy to play characters other than his own? So far, he's been Machello, Jack (Holiday) Sam (Foothold) 3 different characters in Lifeboat, and now, if I understood your previous answer, he'll get his shot at playing Vala. So far by my count, he's ahead of Chris Judge and Richard Dean Anderson, who've only played each other (Holiday) and Amanda Tapping (Replicarter).
              Yes. Given the fact that they do look somewhat alike, watch for Michael to play the role of Cameron Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                Yes. Given the fact that they do look somewhat alike, watch for Michael to play the role of Cameron Mitchell.
                LOL

Just popped in to say THANKS for spending so much time here today... and for putting up with the endless repeats of certain questions.

Hope you'll be at the con in March. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Hi again Joe,

Thank you for your time and the answers to my previous questions.

Will there be any mention of Nick Ballard (Daniel grandfather) in any futrue episodes?
                  AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                    Ok, since you're obviously in a chatty mood here's another question. How do you feel about the way that the show is broadcast? I know that you guys have no say as to how that goes, but how do you feel about say, the long midseason hiatus on Scifi? Do you think that the show would be better recieved if all twenty episodes were aired consecutively, ratings notwithstanding?
                    Of course it would be great for the fans to watch the show uninterrupted and commercial-free - but you did mention those ratings and, as evidenced by this season, you'll note that those ratings do take a hit when they have to go up against network premieres. And, of course, in the long run, lower ratings translates to less of a likelihood that the show will be picked up for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                      LOL

Just popped in to say THANKS for spending so much time here today... and for putting up with the endless repeats of certain questions.

Hope you'll be at the con in March. *fingers crossed*
                      Thanks.

Con?

Comment

You definitely are in a talkative mood today. No complaints here but see now I've come up with yet another question for you.

I remember reading that Amanda didn't tell anyone about her pregnancy until she was far enough along and by then Season 9 was approved which means ideas/stories were already in the works.

You're talking today about stories that sadly will not be (I weep over the Lives Unlived one and hope it can find its way to a sarcophagus for next season)...and it made me curious as to what the arcs might have been or focuses might have been regarding Carter had things been different and Amanda had not become a new mommy.

So my question is how would the first part of the season played out had Amanda been there from the beginning?

Thank ya!
                        MB

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          Well, let me put it this way. I loved Adam Baldwin in Heroes I and II and I would have loved to have cast Adam as a main character in the Stargate universe. However, I'm not the only one doing the casting. And Brad and Robert aren't the only ones doing the casting. And Sony isn't the ony one doing the casting. And SciFi isn't the only one doing the casting. Ultimately, all the major players (and I don't mean me in this case) have to agree on casting series regulars.

I would also love for see ADAM BALDWIN return to Stargate SG1. He would make a great recurring character.

I guess this is more of a wish than a question but I do hope that when you get the go ahead for S10 (((positive vibes))) that you will consider him and maybe even do a little lobbyng on his behalf for his return to Stargate.

Thanks.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thanks for spending so much time with us!

Do you have any idea if Ford will be back for Atlantis season 3 (assuming there is a season 3)?
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Joe, thanks for the time tonight... I hope it's not abusive if I ask one more question... I've always wanted to do this... ask you Bernard Pivot's Questionnaire used by James Lipton on Inside the Actor's Studio

01. What is your favorite word?
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 23 October 2005, 04:08 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                Thanks for spending so much time with us!

Do you have any idea if Ford will be back for Atlantis season 3 (assuming there is a season 3)?
                                No idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X