stargate V.S borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
    are the borg Gods? no they are not. the only time the borg used high numbers was against species 8472, not against the federation, or any other super power. our techknology makes the borg look primative. people seem to think the borg will use numbers to win, numbers can only go so far, the goa'uld, tau'ri, ori and wraith would win.
    They didn't need to use high numbers against anyone else. Both occasions only the Enterprise managed to stop the Borg. Had the Enterprise not been there a single cube would have been able to get to and assimilate Earth.

Our technology makes the Borg look primative? Does it really? I don't think it does. Give me some examples. Do you not realize the sheer numerical advantage the Borg have? Thousands of ships. Many thousands.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      They didn't need to use high numbers against anyone else. Both occasions only the Enterprise managed to stop the Borg. Had the Enterprise not been there a single cube would have been able to get to and assimilate Earth.

Our technology makes the Borg look primative? Does it really? I don't think it does. Give me some examples. Do you not realize the sheer numerical advantage the Borg have? Thousands of ships. Many thousands.
      again, you prove my point, in the end you all rely on numbers. i thought the goa'uld would have taught you something. they outnumbered us and we won. the borg outnumber us and we can win. as for technology, hows this, beam weapons, beaming nukes onto ships. our weapons and shields are more advanced then the borg, they also rely on completely different principles then what the borg have faced before. we have the advantage. not them.

Comment

are the borg Gods? no they are not. the only time the borg used high numbers was against species 8472, not against the federation, or any other super power. our techknology makes the borg look primative. people seem to think the borg will use numbers to win, numbers can only go so far, the goa'uld, tau'ri, ori and wraith would win.
        SG technology makes the borg look primitive... you're kidding, right? You realize the borg use wormholes to dart around the galaxy just like the Ancients used for the stargates. They've had beam weapons far longer the anyone left in the SG universe. The drones themselves can create forcefields around themselves. There's no way the goauld, ori, tuari, or wraith would stand a chance vs the borg.

For all you saying the borg wouldn't engage all thier ships...if it's a war, and both sides know it, why the hell wouldn't they? They were never at all-out war with the federation or anyone besides Species 87-whatever. So that argument really doesn't hold any weight.

So basically, once the borg adapt to asgard and Ori beam weapons, everyone is finished, because only the Tuari and Ori stood a chance in the first place.

I'd say a real fight would be between the borg and the MW replicators. It would basically come down to who adapts quicker and better. Given the fact the borg can't assimilate the replicators themselves, I'd actually say they might lose, but it's pretty much a toss up.

Comment

they went to war with another species other then 87, it was the race that tried to trick voyager to abandon there ship, and the borg sent 100s of cubes to destroy them
          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
          Anime signature in spoiler tag
          Spoiler:
          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

how do you know the borg will adapt to our weapons and shields? both of our universes have different principles when it comes to such things. you don't knw if the borg will adapt unless you are a borg and have fought them youself, but seeing as that is unlikely, your argument has no merit. yu base your arguments on star trek principles, not stargate.

Comment

again, you prove my point, in the end you all rely on numbers. i thought the goa'uld would have taught you something. they outnumbered us and we won. the borg outnumber us and we can win. as for technology, hows this, beam weapons, beaming nukes onto ships. our weapons and shields are more advanced then the borg, they also rely on completely different principles then what the borg have faced before. we have the advantage. not them.
              Ha so we beat the Goa'uld in an all out war did we? They could have crushed us. I don't rely on the numbers, i'm saying even if you're right and the Borg are primative compared to the SG powers (which they're not) they'd still will with numbers.

The Borg have more beam weapons, which are more versatile. They can beam nukes and have shields, jammers and other gadgets to prevent it. How are our weapons and shields more advanced?

Ah see your argument works both ways, you assume the Borg will have to adapt to SG weapons and our weapons will be extrememly effective straight away when the very same could be true for the Borg. Their weapons may go straight through our shields. I think you'll find that until you give me specific examples where the Goa'uld and even the Asgard make the Borg look primative and a way for the SG powers to overcome the huge Borg numbers, the Borg have an advantage and all you're doing is blowing hot air.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

how do you know the borg will adapt to our weapons and shields? both of our universes have different principles when it comes to such things. you don't knw if the borg will adapt unless you are a borg and have fought them youself, but seeing as that is unlikely, your argument has no merit. yu base your arguments on star trek principles, not stargate.
                Why would they not adapt? Is there something in the SG universe that prevents adaptation? The repilicators adapt, why wouldn't the borg be able to? Not being able to adapt simply defies logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                  Why would they not adapt? Is there something in the SG universe that prevents adaptation? The repilicators adapt, why wouldn't the borg be able to? Not being able to adapt simply defies logic.
                  ya i agree its like saying if the replicators attacked startrek they couldn't adapt and assimilate the startrek races
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                    ya i agree its like saying if the replicators attacked startrek they couldn't adapt and assimilate the startrek races
                    heres a theory, THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT UNIVERSE'S! how many time have i got to say it people, two different universe's, two different set of rules. its common sense, if you go to another universe you don't think everything is going to be the same do you? of course not, its all different.

Comment

heres a theory, THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT UNIVERSE'S! how many time have i got to say it people, two different universe's, two different set of rules. its common sense, if you go to another universe you don't think everything is going to be the same do you? of course not, its all different.
                      Ok, but that works both ways. I can say that none of the SG weapons will have any effect on borg shields because its from a different universe with different rules. Using that logic means that the whole debate is over because neither side will be able to hurt eachother since thier from different universes.

Since we obviously want to continue this debate, it only makes sense that the respective sides will be able to do everything we've already seen them do.

Comment

Ok, but that works both ways. I can say that none of the SG weapons will have any effect on borg shields because its from a different universe with different rules. Using that logic means that the whole debate is over because neither side will be able to hurt eachother since thier from different universes.

Since we obviously want to continue this debate, it only makes sense that the respective sides will be able to do everything we've already seen them do.
                        that is an argument i can agree with.

Comment

that is an argument i can agree with.
                          Ok then. So even if it takes 100's of ships the borg would eventually adapt. I personally only think it would take a battle or two, but it doesn't really matter. I don't think the SG ppl are going to be able to think of things to stop the borg that are better then federation stuff, and that doesn't really help much. So once the borg adapt, they're screwed.

Like I said before, the only ones that could win would be the MW replicators.

Comment

Ok then. So even if it takes 100's of ships the borg would eventually adapt. I personally only think it would take a battle or two, but it doesn't really matter. I don't think the SG ppl are going to be able to think of things to stop the borg that are better then federation stuff, and that doesn't really help much. So once the borg adapt, they're screwed.

Like I said before, the only ones that could win would be the MW replicators.
                            ok, since my words have seem to have fallen on deaf ears, i'll humor you. you say that only the replicators can beat the borg. what about the SGC creating replicators that are ment to fight the borg, but not to harm us or our allies, like what was used in BAMSR. could that work and the SGC would still win?

Comment

Ha so we beat the Goa'uld in an all out war did we? They could have crushed us. I don't rely on the numbers, i'm saying even if you're right and the Borg are primative compared to the SG powers (which they're not) they'd still will with numbers.

The Borg have more beam weapons, which are more versatile. They can beam nukes and have shields, jammers and other gadgets to prevent it. How are our weapons and shields more advanced?

Ah see your argument works both ways, you assume the Borg will have to adapt to SG weapons and our weapons will be extrememly effective straight away when the very same could be true for the Borg. Their weapons may go straight through our shields. I think you'll find that until you give me specific examples where the Goa'uld and even the Asgard make the Borg look primative and a way for the SG powers to overcome the huge Borg numbers, the Borg have an advantage and all you're doing is blowing hot air.
                              ok, since my words have seem to have fallen on deaf ears, i'll humor you. you say that only the replicators can beat the borg. what about the SGC creating replicators that are ment to fight the borg, but not to harm us or our allies, like what was used in BAMSR. could that work and the SGC would still win?
                              Actually my words are the ones falling on deaf ears...see above. Care to answer?

Comment

Actually my words are the ones falling on deaf ears...see above. Care to answer?
                                and yet you completely forgot to mention my ideas on the replicators and the SGC.

Comment

Working...
                                X