No announcement yet.

stargate V.S borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could always run away to another galaxy, build millions of ships then go back and scare them into submission, it's unlikely it would be that way, but who knows. My point is that we are faster than them, I do wonder how their tech would stand up in the sg universe.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19
      I think only the cubes don't have shields
      even these have shields

anyway, most likely :
      - the borg ships would eventually adapt to the SG energy weapons
      but :
      - doubtful the borg would be able to "analyze & adapt" to the asgard shields, ancient & newer asgard shields seem way too sophisticated for that & would provide effective protection against borg tractor beams & teleportation. would'nt do much good though if SG weapons became ineffective

=> in the end : Borg wins, game set match championship

Comment

I'm not too familiar with the Borg however I have no idea how they can "adapt" to something and have it never be effective against them again no matter the energy put behind it.

This is especially true with projectile weapons. I mean really how do you "adapt" to a lead slug traveling faster than sound? If you have more energy behind your weapons than the enemy ship has in their shields it won't matter how well they've adapted to them they will still get fried.

However if the numbers that have been thrown around in this thread are right then I will have to say that the Borg would win due to shear numbers, not superior adaptability.

But that's just my uninformed opinion, and the fact that I like Stargate way more than Star Trek.

Comment

I'd say they cannot adapt to a weapon no matter what its energy output is

if they could then this would basically violate the Law of Conservation of Energy

so even if they fully adapt to a weapon, sufficient energy will still defeat them

they adapted to the Enterprise's main deflector dish superbeam because a borg ship is a heck of a lot bigger than the enterprise, so their power-source is probably a lot stronger & can easily match the maximum energy output of any galaxy-class ship or even a fleet of federation ships

if the crew could (somehow) increase the phazer output strength by, say, a thousand-fold then the borg cube would be blown to smithereens, adaptation or not ^^

likewise a blast from the Death star would completely pwn them even if the borg knew the beam frequency beforehand

as for their adapting to projectiles & torpedos...maybe they don't adapt, it's just that once again being huge ships their shields must be equally strong. besides photon torpedos are always set way below their maximum yield (otherwise the explosion shockwave would vapourize nearby federation ships as well)

Comment

Yup, that's generally how I see it.

Basically the Post Unending Earth ships probably have enough raw energy, in my own skewed opinion, to overcome any adaption the Borg can make but they, the Borg, have so many ships that Earth will eventually fall unless someone comes up with a computer virus, or something like that, to defeat them all in quick order.

Comment

not so sure, Federation uses matter/antimatter (=> vacuum energy) and Romulans use quantum singularities, etc. both are extremely powerful methods of generating energy, so the borg no doubt have power-generation capabilities that at least match those of the other main MW races (at least those whose tech they've assimilmated, and it's quite possible they've assimilated at least one scientist of every MW race)

SG's best chance would be if the borg could not adapt to the asgard weapons, then again since it took an alien species from another universe for the borg to fail to adapt, that is doubtful

maybe there's a chance if the beam weapons were directly tied into a zpm - zero-point energy still "feels" a notch above what the trekkie races have so it could work. on the other hand Federation quantum torpedos are also supposed to use zpe (though that was in an ST game so I'm not sure if it's canon -)

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                The borg have 100's maybe 1000's of ships and can infect worlds just like the replicators, they don't have shields like the wraith
                The Borg have shields on their ships. I refer you to ST:TNG Best of Both Worlds, ST:VOY Dark Frontier and Unimatrix 0. Trust me on this, the Borg have adaptive shielding on their ships just like on their drones. Only reason why in ST:TNG Q Who the Ent-D was able to do serious damage to that cube during the initial encounter was because Starfleet weapons were still new to the Borg. Once they adapted all the phaser and photon torpedoes didn't do any good. In First Contact by the time the Ent-E reach the scene of the battle that cube was already weaken and probably lost shields already. However, just like the Wraith the Borg have hull regeneration as shown during the battle scene in Q Who. Even with the adaptive shields and their immense power reserve, the Borg still can't break the laws of physics. Put enough power into your weapon and you will eventually wear down their sheilds and break through. Question is do you have that kind of fire power or the time.

In an all out war between Stargate and the Borg I'll back the Borg if they send more than 1 cube at a time.
                Last edited by SP90; 29 February 2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  ... an alien species from another universe for the borg to fail to adapt...
                  What do you think the Stargate humans are if not aliens from another universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                    What do you think the Stargate humans are if not aliens from another universe?
                    yeah and what do you think the stargate humans are if not humans from earth ?

(the same earth as in ST at that, would you believe it -)

note the similarites tween the two verses - same human race, same tech & history (at least until 20th century), same language etc.

yet so many discrepancies as well

in fact that's the prob with crossover threads, I & a few others have brought it up before - having to "merge" two parallel verses, kinda necessary to make a comparison

anyway those aliens weren't from a "mirror" verse or anything, they were from a completely different dimension that looked different (for one thing there was no space - organic matter filled the whole dimension, plus there were no stars, etc.)
                    they were also mute (and telepathic)
                    http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2566/8472qx8.jpg
                    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1774/8472bignt1.jpg

Comment

If it was the SG Earth against a small portion of the Borg then they may win but the sum total of the Borg against SG Earth then there is no chance.

EDIT: SG Earth has no chance against the Borg if more than a few ships are what they face.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        anyway those aliens weren't from a "mirror" verse or anything, they were from a completely different dimension that looked different (for one thing there was no space - organic matter filled the whole dimension, plus there were no stars, etc.)
                        they were also mute (and telepathic)
                        http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2566/8472qx8.jpg
                        http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1774/8472bignt1.jpg
                        Your referring to 8472 right? The only reason the Borg couldn't adapt to them was because they couldn't assimilate them due to their unique biology. Their immune system were so powerful they resisted the Borg's nanoprobes. Without the knowledge gained through assimilation the Borg couldn't adapt to their weapons. Also the fact that 6 of those bioships plus a 7th which acted like a lens had enough firepower to crack open a planet Death Star style, that is some major power generation capacity right there. Does the SG universe have anything that even comes close to that?

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                          Your referring to 8472 right? The only reason the Borg couldn't adapt to them was because they couldn't assimilate them
                          not entirely true - the borg have the ability to adapt to a weapon without assimilating its technology or the species that uses it, that's what allows them to overpower unknown species & assimilate them & their tech in the 1st place

for example the 1st few shots from the enterprise blew 2 gaping holes in the cube's hull, and that was just about the last time Federation weaponry ever did any significant damage to a borg cube (leaving the transphasic torpedos aside, but these don't count as they're from the future)

they also adapted to that multi-frequency-phazer beam used by those aliens in Dark frontier even though they'd never assimilated that technology

not only couldn't they assimilate species 8472 but there was also something in those "bio-guns" that they couldn't understand & adapt too, probably because it was the 1st time they encountered a species that was even more advanced than themselves

kinda like the IDA replicators, they were known to be able to adapt even to unknown energy-based weaponry, yet they couldn't adapt to the ARW (cf. New Order) - because that weapon is of ancient design (the only race known to be more advanced than the IDA replicators)

Comment

Ships for the Borg: Easily 100,000 Cubes, which are 27 cubic km = roughly the size of a Hive. 64,000 drones each. Needed a entire Federation fleet to take 1 out.

Borg easily has over 1 million ships total.

Even if they cannot adapt to SG tech, the vast advantage goes to the Borg.

SG forces: Earth 3 ships, Wraith max 150, all Jaffa+Gaould = 1,000 Ha'taks+Asgard before death 40 ships+ Ori 50 ships + Asurans 80 ships + MW Replicators 200 ships + Annubis and Aphophis at height 500 ships...

That total comes nowhere near 5,000 ships.

Borg by ownage. Only way to defeat the Borg, using another tactic.

Species 8472: Massive amount of ships, tech was not adaptable and massive firepower (Ori like).

Comment

In Q Who the Borg didn't start to adapt until after they sent over the drones to Main Engineering and examined the consoles. That's how they figure out the Ent-D's defenses. Picard should have just kept firing when he had the upper hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                                In Q Who the Borg didn't start to adapt until after they sent over the drones to Main Engineering and examined the consoles. That's how they figure out the Ent-D's defenses. Picard should have just kept firing when he had the upper hand.
                                not really, first off that drone was only there a short while so he couldn't have assimiated everything, supposing he even did assimilate something (they didn't even have tubules & nanoprobes at that time)

also, the enterprise fired after that drone had been onboard, yet the beams were still (very) effective

Comment

Working...
                                X