No announcement yet.

stargate V.S borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fairly confident that the 304 shields could hold out quite a while against the Borg. I think eventually the Borg would adapt to pretty much any energy based weapons that were thrown at them. Even Asgard beams. They would take a lot of damage, maybe even loose a few cubes before they adapted but eventually they would. The railguns and drones would be most effective.(If you hit the the cube in the right area) I think an Aurora could easily take out a cube seeing as how the Orion cored out a Wraith Hive ship with them.

I doubt beaming nukes over would work. If the Wraith can find a way to jam beaming it would be a simple problem for the Borg. I worry about the temporal displacement that the Borg used to go back in time in First Contact. If they use that SG forces are screwed. Unless somehow you have one of the Ancient time travel devices. There weren't many of those lying around though.

SG forces: Earth 3 ships, Wraith max 150, all Jaffa+Gaould = 1,000 Ha'taks+Asgard before death 40 ships+ Ori 50 ships + Asurans 80 ships + MW Replicators 200 ships + Annubis and Aphophis at height 500 ships...
    Other than the Earth forces I'm not sure I agree with these estimates. But you still have the Borg far outnumbering SG forces. I think in a one on one engagement the ship that would have the best chance would be Auroras. Their drone weapons are well suited to fighting the Borg and are hard if not impossible to adapt to. In addition they have great shields. Next I would put the 304s because of their powerful shields and the railguns. So in some 1 on 1 fights I think these ships would win engagements. But eventually they would be overpowered by superior Borg numbers.
    sigpic

Comment

I forgot to mention the Borg could always use chronoton torpedoes which cause there in a state of temporal flux they go right through the shields like drones

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        kinda like the IDA replicators, they were known to be able to adapt even to unknown energy-based weaponry, yet they couldn't adapt to the ARW (cf. New Order) - because that weapon is of ancient design (the only race known to be more advanced than the IDA replicators)
        That gave me an idea.

Perhaps the Ida Replicators weren't able to adapt to the A.R.W. not because it was more advanced than they were but because it rendered each individual spider inoperative before it could send any information about the A.R.W. to the rest of the Replicator collective and thus made it nearly impossible to get any type of defense against the Weapon.

At least that's what I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
          That gave me an idea.

Perhaps the Ida Replicators weren't able to adapt to the A.R.W. not because it was more advanced than they were but because it rendered each individual spider inoperative before it could send any information about the A.R.W. to the rest of the Replicator collective and thus made it nearly impossible to get any type of defense against the Weapon.

if that is true there is still no way to completely disable a borg cube without no information being learned, unless you vaporise it or something
          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
          Anime signature in spoiler tag
          Spoiler:
          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Super Gate Kawoosh! Or something of roughly the same power.

On that note why has no race in Stargate made a big "kawoosh" gun utilizing knowledge of the Stargate?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
              Super Gate Kawoosh! Or something of roughly the same power.

On that note why has no race in Stargate made a big "kawoosh" gun utilizing knowledge of the Stargate?
              dont think the borg will just park right on top of a giant gate O_o
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                That gave me an idea.

a valid theory, however :

- after they had tricked SG1 into revealing the data on the ARW, the IDA replicators were able to adapt to each ARW setting (frequency, cipher or whatever) - in s8 Reckoning1 the replicators were dusted at first by the modified ARW wave from Thor's science ship, but the rest of them were still able to adapt, which means they can communicate even when reduced to dust - if only for a split-second

- the asurans were also dusted by the ARW, however the rest of them gradually adapted (notice they did so on their own, unlike the IDA replicators who needed to assimilate the ARW tech first), so asurans can also (briefly ?) communicate to the rest once dusted

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888
                  dont think the borg will just park right on top of a giant gate O_o
                  they were foolish enough to send only 1 ship at a time into the alpha quadrant - twice - so who knows ^^

Comment

"Other than the Earth forces I'm not sure I agree with these estimates."

I did say they wont number 5,000 at max.

Whatever the numbers are now or even SG forces at their height, I mean very race we seen with that has 'warships':

The Borg ships will easily outnumber them at the minimum 100 to 1. And we are talking about all SG forces with ships!

The Borg have millions of ships, MANY 10's of billions of drones.

Borg will win an all out war with sheer numbers alone.

Some things Borg wont adapt to: Railgun, nukes and drones. Everything else wont work on them. But even if they did, wont matter, sheer numbers will overwhelm.

1 on 1 ship battles would be different.

One ship at a time to Earth is an obvious plot hole. Earth had plot shields. Had to survive in order for the Star Trek to continue.

Comment

Even a cursory glance at this thread has presented some wild numbers for Borg fleet levels that have never, to my knowledge, been corroborated by on-screen information. It is likely that the Borg have many thousands of vessels, but millions or billions? Lets see some proof before we start spouting that as fact.

Secondly, the forces on Stargate have routinely demonstrated firepower that far eclipses anything seen on Star Trek. A Borg cube would be hard-pressed to take on a single Goa'uld mothership, let alone a Replicator vessel or Ori ship. It would therefore require the Borg to send in many ships to take on the combined forces of the SG-verse, or even any one individual faction (with the exception of the Tauri, who don't possess many ships).

Thirdly, who's to say how a battle between the Borg and the Replicators would go? The Ida Replicators were effectively Borg without the flesh, able to adapt to and assimilate other technology. They lack the dependence on biological organisms that the Borg have, and like the Borg, are linked as part of one giant consciousness. They possess incredible processing power (in 'Reckoning' they were actually absorbing part of Daniel's knowledge from when he was ascended- no mean feat) and they can proliferate far faster than the Borg can. They can enhance standard Goa'uld ships to levels far beyond their standard performance (in Enemies they provided enough power to the engines that a 75-year journey took hours at most) and tend to attack en-masse, rather than the Borgs stupid 'one ship at a time' approach. The Replicators wouldn't need help from any other SG faction- they can win against the Borg on their own.
                      To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                      http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                      http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

I believe in Voyager they give some numbers on the size of the Borg fleet.

The Federation has about 40,000 ships max (see Dominion Wars).

ST universe main powers have far larger fleets than SG.

The Borg have assimilated over 9,000 species.

SG forces have no chance in an all out war, way out numbered. And as shown, SG shields do not hold well to beam weapons (which the Borg have plenty of).

Comment

Thirdly, who's to say how a battle between the Borg and the Replicators would go? The Ida Replicators were effectively Borg without the flesh, able to adapt to and assimilate other technology. They lack the dependence on biological organisms that the Borg have, and like the Borg, are linked as part of one giant consciousness. They possess incredible processing power (in 'Reckoning' they were actually absorbing part of Daniel's knowledge from when he was ascended- no mean feat) and they can proliferate far faster than the Borg can. They can enhance standard Goa'uld ships to levels far beyond their standard performance (in Enemies they provided enough power to the engines that a 75-year journey took hours at most) and tend to attack en-masse, rather than the Borgs stupid 'one ship at a time' approach. The Replicators wouldn't need help from any other SG faction- they can win against the Borg on their own.
                          This is an interesting scenario. I wonder if the Borg would be able to assimilate them. I believe they would try to assimilate them the way they did Data. But overall I think the human form replicators both in Ida and the Assurans in Pegasus galaxy are far more advanced and may be impossible to assimilate. I think any of the replicator races have a good shot at beating the Borg because

1. Non-organic, the Borg need organic species to repopulate.
                          2. Ida replicators could easily infest Borg ships. Since these replicators attack with physical swarms the Borg would be pretty defenseless against them if the replicators actually got into the ships.
                          3. Replicators could easily adapt to Borg weapons just as the Borg adapt to their aggressors.
                          4. Assuran replicators could pump out lots of drones, probably the most effective weapon against the Borg ships.
                          5. Replicators can withstand even worse environmental conditions than the Borg.
                          Last edited by Evil_Genius_McKay; 01 March 2008, 11:51 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL replicators assimilating the borg like in AoT, if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay
                              the Borg would be pretty defenseless against them if the replicators actually got into the ships.
                              that's a big if..

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                                that's a big if..
                                How is that a big if?

The Borg although quite strong, really are slow and uncoordinated and not that great at melee fighting. Replicators should be able to kill them easily.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X