No announcement yet.

stargate V.S borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, 1 borg cube vs 10 hataks would be more interesting (in that it would last a bit longer -)
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 02 March 2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Any ship infected with Replicators will self destruct. Scans of replicators will be analyzed by the entire collective all seventy five zillion kazillion million of them...I think eventually they'd find a way to stop them. And if the Borg found them early and attacked them with their full force before they could multiply they'd win.

TBH in an all out war I suspect the Replicators would probably win. Without them though the Borg would crush everyone. Resistance is futile.
      This sounds about right to me, unless the Ori, Wraith, Goa'uld, Luscian alliace, travellers and Earth all teamed up against the borg but what's the likelyhood of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        This sounds about right to me, unless the Ori, Wraith, Goa'uld, Luscian alliace, travellers and Earth all teamed up against the borg but what's the likelyhood of that happening.
        Even if they did, it wouldn't save them. They're still going to be seriously outnumbered...impossibly outnumbered and thats assuming that standard SG ships for example Ha'tak are superior to Borg cubes and will remain superior despite adaption.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Hey guys, i can suggest one thing...try it out yourselfes!
          The new beta of the Nexus: The jupiter incident mod Stargate: War Begins has just came out, and we implemented the borg cube as a little extra....it took me 10 ha'taks to defeat it, andi lost 8 of them...
          Trailers and PR
          Stargate: War Begins team
          http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
          forums:
          http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

i am wondering can the borg assimilate the wraith? we know they have hard time with organic based things, for example that race that almost defeated them...
            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
            Anime signature in spoiler tag
            Spoiler:
            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

[QUOTE=SoulAssassino;7831459]Hey guys, i can suggest one thing...try it out yourselfes!
              The new beta of the Nexus: The jupiter incident mod Stargate: War Begins has just came out, and we implemented the borg cube as a little extra....it took me 10 ha'taks to defeat it, andi lost 8 of them...[/QUOTE

can i have the website and the name of the game that the mod is for.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                i am wondering can the borg assimilate the wraith? we know they have hard time with organic based things, for example that race that almost defeated them...
                Erm...all races we know of are organic based and species 8472 was a race from another universe with a physiology so dense and powerful it could resist borg nanoprobes. I seriously doubt the Wraith could resist borg assimilation. And even if they could, the Borg would just destroy them.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  Erm...all races we know of are organic based and species 8472 was a race from another universe with a physiology so dense and powerful it could resist borg nanoprobes. I seriously doubt the Wraith could resist borg assimilation. And even if they could, the Borg would just destroy them.
                  if the borg are unable to assimilate the wraith then the wraith can go with say 3 hives and destroy 1 borg cube at a time....
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                    if the borg are unable to assimilate the wraith then the wraith can go with say 3 hives and destroy 1 borg cube at a time....
                    Have you not read the rest of the thread? The Borg probably outnumber the Wraith thousands to one, the Wraith would get owned. Even on the off chance, the one in a million chance the Wraith are resistant to assimilation. The Borg will still own them and everyone else.

Comment

Here's another thing for people to consider- the pro-Borg debaters are operating on the assumption that the Borg can bring a large percentage of their forces to bear in short order. This is not necessarily the case. The Borg typically send in one single ship at first, a ship that could be taken out by any of the major SG-verse powers (including the Goa'uld and Tauri, with a few ships present). Indeed, the Borg's second major attack on the Federation also saw them send in one single ship (a ship that should have adapted to what the Federation threw at it, but still got overwhelmed by sheer firepower). Tactically the Borg are about as smart as a sponge.

Against the Replicators, the Borg's tactics play right into their hands. The Ida Replicators or the Asurans could assimilate information about the Borg from whatever vessel is sent to their territory. This would leave them at a bad disadvantage- their secrets would be known to the enemy, an enemy more adaptive than they are.

Against the Goa'uld or Asgard, they'd face forces that possess firepower significantly higher than the Federation, not to mention forces that could reinforce their positions a lot faster.

Against the Ori- well, think Species 8472 for the level of slaughter involved, especially if they try to invade the Ori galaxy and have to contend with ascended beings.

The only force the Borg stand an initial chance against is the Wraith, and only because Wraith ships lack shields, giving the Borg a slim chance of boarding and assimilating a Wraith vessel. They'd still have to overcome a firepower handicap and perhaps the jamming technology employed by the Wraith, so this is by no means certain.
                      To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                      http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                      http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post
                        Here's another thing for people to consider- the pro-Borg debaters are operating on the assumption that the Borg can bring a large percentage of their forces to bear in short order. This is not necessarily the case. The Borg typically send in one single ship at first, a ship that could be taken out by any of the major SG-verse powers (including the Goa'uld and Tauri, with a few ships present). Indeed, the Borg's second major attack on the Federation also saw them send in one single ship (a ship that should have adapted to what the Federation threw at it, but still got overwhelmed by sheer firepower). Tactically the Borg are about as smart as a sponge.

Against the Replicators, the Borg's tactics play right into their hands. The Ida Replicators or the Asurans could assimilate information about the Borg from whatever vessel is sent to their territory. This would leave them at a bad disadvantage- their secrets would be known to the enemy, an enemy more adaptive than they are.

Against the Goa'uld or Asgard, they'd face forces that possess firepower significantly higher than the Federation, not to mention forces that could reinforce their positions a lot faster.

Against the Ori- well, think Species 8472 for the level of slaughter involved, especially if they try to invade the Ori galaxy and have to contend with ascended beings.

The only force the Borg stand an initial chance against is the Wraith, and only because Wraith ships lack shields, giving the Borg a slim chance of boarding and assimilating a Wraith vessel. They'd still have to overcome a firepower handicap and perhaps the jamming technology employed by the Wraith, so this is by no means certain.
                        i agree with the above, most people here are baseing their arguments on the assumption that the borg would attack in large numbers. no such thing has happend in the trek universe as far as i know.

Comment

The mod i was talking about:

It is for a game called Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
                          Trailers and PR
                          Stargate: War Begins team
                          forums:
                          http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                            i agree with the above, most people here are baseing their arguments on the assumption that the borg would attack in large numbers. no such thing has happend in the trek universe as far as i know.
                            Species 8472, battles with hundreds of cubes occured.

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post
                            In the beginning the Borg will be at a disadvantage but as soon as they capture a vessel with hyperdrive which is inevitable they will be able to dart around just like an SG vessel. It got overwhelmed by the sheer firepower of an entire fleet of at least dozens of vessels over a period of at least hours. So I think the SG powers are going to have their work cut out for them even before adaptions make most of their weapons ineffective or greatly reduced in effect.

The Borg would self destruct any ship boarded by the replicators.

I'm not sure the Goa'uld have firepower significantly greater than the federation, the Asgard are dead. The Borg will quickly acquire hyperdrive technology so that evens the odds already. After that the sheer numbers of vessels will be enough to win.

Even if the Ori are on the same level as Species 8472 the Borg outnumber them so much it won't make a difference.

Spoiler:
                            What ascended beings? They're all dead

Actually the only force the Borg don't stand a chance against initially is the Ori, or replicators. Everyone else would be beaten in short order.

Comment

The borg would completely destroy everything with little resistance. Yeh they might loose a few ships in the first engagements but once they adapt to all our tactics we wouldnt stand a chance.
                              sigpic

Comment

are the borg Gods? no they are not. the only time the borg used high numbers was against species 8472, not against the federation, or any other super power. our techknology makes the borg look primative. people seem to think the borg will use numbers to win, numbers can only go so far, the goa'uld, tau'ri, ori and wraith would win.

Comment

Working...
                                X