This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
    I did not hear that....its coming back, When?
    Nothings been made official as of yet, but they're definately giving it a sixth Season.
    Ian

Comment

Originally posted by generalgater
      Nothings been made official as of yet, but they're definately giving it a sixth Season.

Well that is interesting. Anyway I think we need to make it known that we support the cast and crew in any decision made to end the show. Maybe we should start a campaign to get a mini series or a movie instead of an new season. I think I will be writing new letters to the show and scifi to support this platform. I do believe this will be the most successful.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        That Cooper bit is a repeat.
        A repeat from when? Space put it up on their site today.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          But they probably dug it out from the archive, as he's talking about "last 3 seasons" and mentions season 6, 7 and 8. He was talking about hating writing endings at the beginning of season 9. So I agree with PG15, it's nothing new, it's old.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I did not hear that....its coming back, When?
            About a month or two ago they announced that they'ld be doing a 16 episode season and that preliminary work had begun for it. Due for release in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
              About a month or two ago they announced that they'ld be doing a 16 episode season and that preliminary work had begun for it. Due for release in 2008
              Thanks

Comment

The new article reflecting on the recent news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082301171.html

Booted `Stargate SG-1' Could Live On
                The Associated Press
                Wednesday, August 23, 2006; 4:42 PM

NEW YORK -- The Sci Fi Channel has pulled the plug on "Stargate SG-1," but there still might be life ahead for the long-running series.

MGM, which produces the show, is hoping to dock it on another channel.

"We do have plans," MGM spokesman Jeff Pryor told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "This is not the end of the `Stargate' franchise. This is just the end of (`Stargate SG-1') airing on the Sci Fi Channel."

Earlier this week, Sci Fi announced it would not order further episodes of the show, now in its 10th season. The cable channel, however, has booked a fourth season of "Stargate: Atlantis," a spin-off that debuted in 2004.

The final 10 episodes of "Stargate SG-1," which logged its 200th episode Friday, will air next year on Sci Fi, Maureen Granados, a spokeswoman for the channel, told the AP on Wednesday.

Beyond that, MGM believes "in this new media world there are many more opportunities to continue (the) franchise," Pryor said. "We're exploring those possibilities."

The show, inspired by the 1994 movie starring Kurt Russell as an intergalactic traveler, has a devoted fan base.

"Even though there's been a slight dip in the ratings, there are still nearly two million homes tuning in a week," and up to about 10 conventions held each year, Pryor said.

Comment

Originally posted by wasp2020
                  The new article reflecting on the recent news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082301171.html

I read this too...that is another reason I have come to terms with all of this maddness.

No need to give stargate a bad name by becoming insane freaks who do crazy things like make threats.

Oh wait I forgot its the American way...j/k

Comment

Did I hear the rumor right? One of Skiffy's new shows - being readied to replace SG1, is based on their crapfest SciFi Original "Painkiller Jane"?????

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      Did I hear the rumor right? One of Skiffy's new shows - being readied to replace SG1, is based on their crapfest SciFi Original "Painkiller Jane"?????

yup

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                        yup
                        *HURLS*

OMG, now I know what the combined I.Q. is for everyone at Skiffy. Zero!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by generalgater
                          When was 4400 Cancelled?
                          It was cancelled after the first season, that's why you found out so fast as to where everyone was while they were missing. They had to wrap the story up quickly. The orginal plan was to drag out where they were vice telling it at the end of the first season.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Yeah, but it's a small clip from a Season 9 Preview thingy they aired a few months ago.

Comment

The last one I know of is family guy, but I do not think that it will happen to stargate. The more I read the more I am convinced of a mini series or movie to end the show.
                              the last one was futurama, new shows start on comedy central next year

Comment

Originally posted by mindwarped
                                the last one was futurama, new shows start on comedy central next year

Cool, but I think we should wait and see how sg-1 is going to be ended and support the cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X