This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioactiveamy
    To say I am stunned is an understatement, I didn't know if I would enjoy it when Jack left but Ben Browder put new life into it.

I hope something can be done to save it.

I do not believe the show can be saved for an entire season.....even though I will still be positive in hoping that it will be.

A movie or mini series are are best bets

Comment

The key here, as is being echoed by many posters, is to give SG-1 the send-off it deserves. Whether that is through a big end to season 11 (i doubt it, not enough time), a movie, a mini-series, or even miraculously through a 12th season, as long as the producers/writers are given the amount of time they need then i will be "reasonably" satisfied. It would make me furious if this cancellation by SCI-FI led to a rushed exit for SG-1, and that i could not forgive.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsie
        If you look back you'll see I DID flame him/her and not all of us agree with what you're saying! Don't put words in our mouths!!!
        I said a lot of us… not all of us. With the greatest of respect, please don’t put words in my mouth…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
          I do not believe the show can be saved for an entire season.....even though I will still be positive in hoping that it will be.

A movie or mini series are are best bets

Fingers crossed.

Comment

That's pretty much becoming my opinion. I am sad we probably won't see an 11th out of it, as I think it would be quite nice. A mini-series being a bunch 'o' TV movies would be the best way to end it when it had to come to an end, and I am pretty sure they could have RDA come back for most of those too while they made it to reprise his role. It'd be quite nice to see that if the mini-series thing happens.

I prefer an 11th and 12th season, because they prepared for this storyline to go on for a while after season 9. Not to mention SG-1 is a good show despite some of the low points some have been saying, which I can understand because of different viewpoints and such.

Despite what some say I actually liked season 8, it was an interesting change, albeit a bit rushed and there were some continuity oversights in it, but I thought it was a good season in retrospect as it tied everything up. We've come a long way from Children of the Gods when it first aired. Personally, the right thing would have been from Sci-Fi if they were going to cancel the series is to inform at the start of the season, not come in during the 200th episode's air party (which is the rumor I've been reading) and say "Oh hey, congrats on your 200th! You're cancelled though! Have a nice party!" that is just plain wrong to do that.

All I really want is, if an 11th season is out of the question, is for TPTB to just be allowed to tie up the loose ends and bring a satisfying form of closure to one of the best science fiction television series if it is truly coming to an end.

I just know if we act like a bunch of crazies and talk about blowing up Sci-Fi or some extremist "Kill Kill KILL!" language Sci-Fi is just going to look at us and find that they were right in their decision. I think too that we should thank them for the run, but request for more at the same time. There is a nice and diplomatic way to handle something and then there's the bad way to handle something. I think, as much as I hate Sci-Fi right now because they've done this with several great shows (I'm not referring to just Farscape) I am going to try to be nice with them, but realistic at the same time about their very unwise decision when I go to write my letter and send my tissue box to them.
            Last edited by System Lord Anubis; 23 August 2006, 10:14 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Anubis
              That's pretty much becoming my opinion. I am sad we probably won't see an 11th out of it, as I think it would be quite nice. A mini-series being a bunch 'o' TV movies would be the best way to end it when it had to come to an end, and I am pretty sure they could have RDA come back for most of those too while they made it to reprise his role. It'd be quite nice to see that if the mini-series thing happens.

I prefer an 11th and 12th season, because they prepared for this storyline to go on for a while after season 9. Not to mention SG-1 is a good show despite some of the low points some have been saying, which I can understand because of different viewpoints and such.

Despite what some say I actually liked season 8, it was an interesting change, albeit a bit rushed and there were some continuity oversights in it, but I thought it was a good season in retrospect as it tied everything up. We've come a long way from Children of the Gods when it first aired. Personally, the right thing would have been from Sci-Fi if they were going to cancel the series is to inform at the start of the season, not come in during the 200th episode's air party (which is the rumor I've been reading) and say "Oh hey, congrats on your 200th! You're cancelled though! Have a nice party!" that is just plain wrong to do that.

All I really want is, if an 11th season is out of the question, is for TPTB to just be allowed to tie up the loose ends and bring a satisfying form of closure to one of the best science fiction television series if it is truly coming to an end.

Agreed!

Comment

I got an e-mail from Joe Mallozzi in regards to the ratings situation a few weeks ago before the cancellation announcement in reply to somthing I'd sent him and that was when I pretty much got the bad feeling that SG-1 was a goner. Here's an excerpt :

"Everyone can speculate on the
                reasons for the drop, but speculation is not going to
                turn those numbers around. Yes, both Stargates (SG-1
                in particular) has been an incredible success for
                SciFi, and SciFi has benefited greatly from our
                presence on their network - but, at the end of the
                day, the big question is "What have you done for me
                lately?" So it is with all television shows.

Joe"

I have the feeling that the people at Bridge pretty much have seen this coming since the season premiered at pretty much an all time low. My only surprise came with how early they've announced the cancellation. I thought that they would wait and see how the 200th episode did and if it would bring in any additional viewers for the rest of the season. The cancellation seems pretty premature but I admit that I don't know anything about how to run a t.v. network. It would be wonderfully ironic if the show started getting astronomically high ratings AFTER they've cancelled the show. I would love for SG-1 to find a home on another network and/or make a movie and become even more successful somewhere else. It kind of reminds me of the whole Buffy the Vampire Slayer/WB debacle.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Is anyone else wondering about the odd coincidence of SciFi`s claim that SG-1 actors will move over to Stargate Atlantis and the fact that 6 out of the first 11 episodes of SGA´s current season are crossover episodes?

Maybe SciFi´s claim is just a ploy to discourage competitors to snap up SG-1 but what if this has been the result of some long term planning since way before the season went into production - kind of a way to "soften up" viewers or Atlantis fans specifically for a merging of both shows under the guise of the SG-1´s "cancellation"?

Anyway, whatever´s going on, this was not a spontaneous decision, it was made long ago and the plan was meticulously implemented and I suspect not just by SciFi but by all parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Anubis
                    I just know if we act like a bunch of crazies and talk about blowing up Sci-Fi or some extremist "Kill Kill KILL!" language Sci-Fi is just going to look at us and find that they were right in their decision. I think too that we should thank them for the run, but request for more at the same time. There is a nice and diplomatic way to handle something and then there's the bad way to handle something. I think, as much as I hate Sci-Fi right now because they've done this with several great shows (I'm not referring to just Farscape) I am going to try to be nice with them, but realistic at the same time about their very unwise decision when I go to write my letter and send my tissue box to them.
                    That's actually what I have been saying! Yet people still come out and compare it to a death of a person. Some people here are just over the top crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      I got an e-mail from Joe Mallozzi in regards to the ratings situation a few weeks ago before the cancellation announcement in reply to somthing I'd sent him and that was when I pretty much got the bad feeling that SG-1 was a goner. Here's an excerpt :

"Everyone can speculate on the
                      reasons for the drop, but speculation is not going to
                      turn those numbers around. Yes, both Stargates (SG-1
                      in particular) has been an incredible success for
                      SciFi, and SciFi has benefited greatly from our
                      presence on their network - but, at the end of the
                      day, the big question is "What have you done for me
                      lately?" So it is with all television shows.

Joe"
                      *Cries*

I miss the "Ask Joe" thread, and Joe's ice cream blog.

I got a bit antsy when he closed everything here. Had the sneaky feeling he was "told" to do so, and it felt ominous.

*reaches for new kleenex box. . . .oh, wait. . .I was supposed to mail that one!*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Maybe if it was easier for who don't live in the states to see Sci-Fi they will realize how wrong they are...

I'm from spain and (since i don't like to wait and i like to learn english that way) I download the chapters every week... <Do NOT post dl site info> they can realize how many people IN THE WHOLE WORLD is doing the same thing as me...

But hell no! Why they should give facilities for those who don't leave on the states to see their channel or their series?
                        Back to the topic, cancelling SG1 is a BIG MISTAKE and this is why I hate companies like Fox or Sci-Fi channel, they have good series in their hands but always cancel the best ones.. i'll never understand that.

And for those who didn't like "10x06 - 200" I have to admit I loved it, specillay the crossover with Farscape (that was really fun, loled for 5' or so ...).

Maybe instead of cancelling they should emphasize the relations between the chars (specially the relation Carter-O'neil, we all wanna know more about that )

P.S. If there is any url to save the serie, please p.m. me the URL, thanks ^^
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 September 2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorsfan
                          Elizabeth almost never goes off-world, she's the base commander. And she rarely uses her linguistic skills, it's mostly her diplomatic skills that get utilized. If anything, she is the "General Hammond" of Atlantis, not the "Daniel Jackson." Daniel could crossover without stepping on anyone's role. He could be the fifth member of Shep's team (SG-1 had five members this year, why not Atlantis' flagship team)?

Daniel's role would be as an archeologist and expert in all things Ancient as a member of Shep's team. Weir would still be the leader and the diplomat that she has always been.
                          That's not the point. Elizabeth is supposedly a linguist and they should be utilising those skills far more than they are at present. As with several other situations on SGA.

I don't want someone else being thrown into the mix when the existing characters don't get enough screentime as it is.

Comment

My Parents watched Stargate all the time, Hence why I like it so much. But when RDA left, they lost interest. They'll still peek at it, but they kept saying, "that when you take the main character off.... it won't be long before the show ends." It was like they knew it was going to end real soon after.
                            Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Has a show that has been cancelled by a network ever been "uncancelled"?

I mean could the SciFi channel change its mimd?

Also has anyone put the HypaSpace thing up. I would love to see the actors reactions. (From an earliet post someone mentioned it)

Comment

Well the WB cancelled 7th Heaven and then changed their minds. Don't even get me started on that travesty.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X