This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G8-watcher
    Regardless of what you believe concerning SG1… Do Something… you're in a Stargate forum for a reason, YOU CARE... write MARK STERN, Conan O’Brien, SG1 Advertisers, the News, write anyone that can make an impact. If supportive fans concentrate their efforts on a few specific key players, an 11th is possible. This is like the end of a concert, the band leaves but if you make enough noise, they come back for an encore.

You can SOS at-
    EVERYTHING- http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/
    PETITION- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
    CONAN- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33884
    TISSUE- http://laundr.us/
    BOTTLE- http://www.savestargate.com
    MYSPACE- http://www.myspace.com/savingsg1

Although many factors were involved, the real decision maker behind the SG1 Cancellation is MARK STERN. He has a large majority of influence on the cancellation and possible, yes, possible continuation of SG1.Trust and believe MGM would keep SG1 where it is but SciFi probably feels they can merge SG1 & SGA viewers and create greater numbers for Atlantis. It doesn’t matter though, there are countless reasons to cancel BUT there are more reasons to keep SG1. It should be stressed that MARK STERN should be receiving the bulk of mailed fan support... too many addresses will lead to less effective group support whereas if MR. Stern were to be flooded, we could make more impact. Here's the VARIETY ARTICLE- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
    Mark Stern
    EVP Original Programming
    SciFi
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
    Universal City, CA 91608
    [email protected]
    thank you for the email address .... been looking for one

Comment

Originally posted by G8-watcher
      Regardless of what you believe concerning SG1… Do Something… you're in a Stargate forum for a reason, YOU CARE... write MARK STERN, Conan O’Brien, SG1 Advertisers, the News, write anyone that can make an impact. If supportive fans concentrate their efforts on a few specific key players, an 11th is possible. This is like the end of a concert, the band leaves but if you make enough noise, they come back for an encore.

You can SOS at-
      EVERYTHING- http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/
      PETITION- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
      CONAN- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33884
      TISSUE- http://laundr.us/
      BOTTLE- http://www.savestargate.com
      MYSPACE- http://www.myspace.com/savingsg1

Although many factors were involved, the real decision maker behind the SG1 Cancellation is MARK STERN. He has a large majority of influence on the cancellation and possible, yes, possible continuation of SG1.Trust and believe MGM would keep SG1 where it is but SciFi probably feels they can merge SG1 & SGA viewers and create greater numbers for Atlantis. It doesn’t matter though, there are countless reasons to cancel BUT there are more reasons to keep SG1. It should be stressed that MARK STERN should be receiving the bulk of mailed fan support... too many addresses will lead to less effective group support whereas if MR. Stern were to be flooded, we could make more impact. Here's the VARIETY ARTICLE- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
      Mark Stern
      EVP Original Programming
      SciFi
      100 Universal City Plaza
      Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
      Universal City, CA 91608
      [email protected]
      I just say the thing above and clicked on the "Everything" link, and it took me an article which let me to something that ticked me off, and it's probably been posted before.

Stern added that under terms of its contract, the network’s decision to cancel the series prohibits MGM from making any new episodes of the show to air on U.S. television.
      What the hell, that just plain stupid. First I felt that it was time SG-1 should end it's legendary run. But after see thing, now I want it picked up by another network.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        I just say the thing above and clicked on the "Everything" link, and it took me an article which let me to something that ticked me off, and it's probably been posted before.

What the hell, that just plain stupid. First I felt that it was time SG-1 should end it's legendary run. But after see thing, now I want it picked up by another network.

I know, when I saw that I couldn't believe it, talk about a plain spiteful jab. I guess they do not understand the devotion of sci-fi fans work!!!!!
        “Back off man, I’m a scientist.” Dr. Peter Venkman

Comment

That was just Sci-Fi showing in yet another way what a bunch of a**** they are! First they stab you in the back, and then they twist the blade for good measure.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well this bit about Scifi fixing the contract so the show can't continue on another network has to be bogus. First, I'm sure we would have heard about it when the contract was written, just as we learned that all the actors were contracted again, but I never heard of this before. Second, why would Robert Cooper tell us they were looking for a "new outlet" if they couldn't? I mean, unless they CAN go directly to Sky or BBC (which I thought they couldn't do because we need the backing of a US network), what options do they have?

DENISE, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US GET SOME CONFORMATION ON SOME OF THIS STUFF? WE HAVE TOO MUCH CONFLICTING INFO HERE! NOT ALL OF IT CAN BE TRUE!

Play It Grand

Comment

I just want to say, they just lost a fan...I am never going to watch the Scifi Channel ever again!!!!!!

Comment

Wow, that sucks even more. [profanity removed before a mod had to ] Scifi sucks. I guess we can still hope for that SG-1 movie, right?
                I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Originally posted by Horsie
                  Well this bit about Scifi fixing the contract so the show can't continue on another network has to be bogus. First, I'm sure we would have heard about it when the contract was written, just as we learned that all the actors were contracted again, but I never heard of this before. Second, why would Robert Cooper tell us they were looking for a "new outlet" if they couldn't? I mean, unless they CAN go directly to Sky or BBC (which I thought they couldn't do because we need the backing of a US network), what options do they have?

DENISE, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US GET SOME CONFORMATION ON SOME OF THIS STUFF? WE HAVE TOO MUCH CONFLICTING INFO HERE! NOT ALL OF IT CAN BE TRUE!

Play It Grand
                  It may be as some people have said that it come to the US on DVD, or that the show finally be renamed Stargate Command. (I'm hoping for the latter)

Comment

Lets say that SG1 was renewed for another year, but under another name (ie SG Command), my question is will that also add to SG1's record breaking 215 episodes? I mean its same story, characters, cast, etc. I believe Enterprise did this, and its counted as 4 seasons...

And if the answer is yes, this could be one reason why SCI FI dont want another network to pick it up, as they then could claim to have the longest running SCI FI series...
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Na it'ld be classed as a different series

Comment

I was very unhappy from the news, but I think it was necessary. If we want see a Stargate movie, than they couldn't do between season 11 and Season 12, because they make one season for 8-10 month (february-october).

But there is new hope that the SG francise will live again:

Breaking News: The Stargate May Reopen
                        by Ileane Rudolph

While Stargate SG-1 fans are already gathering signatures to petition Sci Fi Channel to pull a 7th Heaven move and un-cancel the veteran series, it probably ain't going to happen, folks. However, there are some signs of life in the show and it's not just the MMO (massive multiplayer online) game that is due out in the fourth quarter of 2007 and that MGM, which owns the Stargate franchise, is sinking $40-50 million into. While executive producer Brad Wright tells TV Guide his "dream is to take SG-1 back to the feature it began as," we are now hearing that MGM may produce a series of TV-movies based on the mother-ship series.

"From MGM's perspective, we don't view SG-1 as a television series, we view it as a franchise, and one with a lot of vibrant life," says studio spokesman Jeff Pryor. "The fan base is fiercely loyal."

And like that other space-opera franchise with the word "star," there's talk of those movies launching another Stargate spin-off series. "There's absolutely no reason in the world there couldn't be and won't be another series that takes part in the Stargate universe," confirms Wright, who admits he's "disappointed" that Sci Fi didn't wait to see if the return of beloved original cast member Richard Dean Anderson lifted ratings before the network lowered the boom.

Pondering the idea of at least one movie, Wright says that the show's finale — the last 10 episodes should begin unspooling around March — "should be a very satisfying end to the season, but not necessarily an end to SG-1 by any means."

According to Sc Fi Channel original programming exec Mark Stern, one of the reasons the cabler canceled the venerable series was to make room for new shows, including The Dresden Files (think Jim Rockford as a wizard), which is currently being retooled and readied for a January premiere, and a complete revamping of Painkiller Jane, which ran as a Sci Fi movie last year. Based on the comic, Stern says they're planning to recast (Two and a Half Men's Emmanuelle Vaugier starred in the film) and are "reconceiving it," making it "pure escapist fun." That's also slated for January.

"Frankly, when we put [Stargate] Atlantis on the air," says Stern, "the intent was that SG-1 would go off the air, but they did such a great job of reinvigorating [it], we thought, why take it off the air? Now is the time to do it." But although they canceled the show, Stern says the network is open to discussing Stargate-based movies. "We love this franchise," he tells us. "If there are other ways to explore this world, we're certainly open to it. This is not the end of our journey with Stargate by any means."

English source:
                        http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/default.htm?cmsRedir=true&rmDate=08232006&cmsGuid=%7B1D34F028-6983-4C7B-BD8B-B4C97EEC13FA}

German source:
                        http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...e=news&ID=2141

Thanks Stargate-Project!

So that could means if I understand well the plans:
                        - new SG-1 movie or movies
                        - new SG series

I really don't understand that the Scifi why has cancelled SG-1, if they don't know how much rating will the Dresden File and Painkiller Jane have. Please, don't boycott Scifi! Watch the last 4+10 episode on SciFi Channel, because If you don't do, that you kill Atlantis too and won't be renewed for Season 5.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2006, 12:50 AM.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I just hope scifi realizes they just murdered Stargate SG1. B@stards...
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Stern added that under terms of its contract, the network’s decision to cancel the series prohibits MGM from making any new episodes of the show to air on U.S. television.
                            ...Why on Earth should MGM agree to that?... silly people, if it's true. But I'm pretty sure Atlantis doesn't have the same terms.

However, I'm pertty sure they're thinking off a movie or mini-series, which wouldn't fall under the "new episodes" and therefore MGM can do whatever they want - and air them wherever they want.

Y'know, I'm not too happy with the idea of a big feature film but it's starting to grow on me.

MGM may produce a series of TV-movies based on the mother-ship series.
                            Ye Gods, please no.

According to Sc Fi Channel original programming exec Mark Stern, one of the reasons the cabler canceled the venerable series was to make room for new shows, including The Dresden Files (think Jim Rockford as a wizard), which is currently being retooled and readied for a January premiere, and a complete revamping of Painkiller Jane, which ran as a Sci Fi movie last year. Based on the comic, Stern says they're planning to recast (Two and a Half Men's Emmanuelle Vaugier starred in the film) and are "reconceiving it," making it "pure escapist fun." That's also slated for January.
                            These people really don't know what "good PR" means, don't they? This just confirms that they kept SG1 on the air with no intention of giving it an 11th season - despite their previous promises - and are just going for television shows where they control all the franchise, rather than MGM.
                            *rolls eyes*

But again, I'm not too fussed. MGM have proven they actually do mean what they say about Stargate, so as RCC and BW want to do more SG1 in one form or another, they'll prolly get the green light.

Pitry, once again not reading all of the new posts in this Monster Thread.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Which means any NEW Stargate series and/or movies would have to be shown on SciFi. Makes me hate this channel even more.

Hammer and Stern - sounds like a shyster firm to me.

Comment

Dresden Files, where Harry Potter becomes a detective in the big city. Oooh, I'm tingling!

Painkiller Jane, which is a reworking of a SciFi junkoriginal? I'll be treating this like the roadkill it is, and just move along.

The killed SG1 to move these things along?

Comment

Working...
                                X