Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spread the word not to watch those new shows, so they die. Call it fan-based payback.

Comment

I expected, and am still hoping for, an 11th season. I don't think 10 seasons can adequately finish the current line or stories or nicely round out the characters of the series properly.

I wonder what Browder and Black are thinking about this news, especially after the commotion with Farscape

Comment

I feel compelled to repost something that I have said on this board already but with the current mood on the board I thought I would help some get some perspective on the situation. I was as upset as many at first when I heard the news...esp since this show has been a big part of my life since I was 14....ten years ago!

Posted yesterday afternoon.

After taking some much needed time away from this thread I have had some time to really think about this whole situation. Here is what I have come up with:

I am pissed about the way in which SciFI is handling the situation, and I feel that Sg-1 must end respectfully...which means all story lines are ended. In saying this I believe we should all push for a return for the show on another network for one more season. However, I would like to see other options presented such as a mini series or a movie to end the story lines.

I feel the cross over idea is a horrible idea. Atlantis is its own show, and its wrong to mess with the characters that are on the show. Guest stars are one thing, but full time cast members is completely different and disrespectful.

Those who are glad to see the show end have a point that it should eventually come to an end, but RESPECT is essential for the fans to begin to accept this new reality.....something I have had to explain to individuals on this blog.

TV will suffer from this, and I will watch even less, a good thing....I will be watching a lot less of scifi, because I am currently boycotting the channel unless the Gates or BSG is on. ...I believe the Scifi channel is going in the wrong direction. For **** sake I saw an NBC preview on last night.....what the hell, oh and do not get me started on ECW.

Lastly, I will always have the memories of the show, and all of its greatness in all 10 seasons....yes some eps are better then others, but they all were apart of the show I love so much. I like most of the story arcs and I liked the new characters as well as the old. Stargate has been a big part of my life since I was 14 and it will continue to for a long time to come. I am so sad to see it go....hopefully it will find a way to continue on, but if not I am happy with the fight we as the fans have put up to keep our show on the air. All I ask for is RESPECT for the show's ending....whenever that ends up happening.

However, untill its officially over I will be putting up one hell of a fight.
        I beg those that are writing letters to be respectful, boycott if you will, but not the gates, and please remember that Cooper and company plan to continue the show in some way, so we are not out yet. Further, we have had 10 good years, which means we have more years then most television shows. I say lets see what happens before we get up in arms about anything. We will most likely get a mini series, or a movie so I am excited to see how they will end this show. Stargate will go on all!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Anubistraveler; 24 August 2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Wasnt it said that the mountain base was closing in Real life, so wouldnt that support the idea of a 'Stargate Command'. Moving the gate and all operations to a new bigger more equipped base.

Comment

Originally posted by peterJS
            Wasnt it said that the mountain base was closing in Real life, so wouldnt that support the idea of a 'Stargate Command'. Moving the gate and all operations to a new bigger more equipped base.
            Works for me.

Just spread the word not to watch those new shows, so they die. Call it fan-based payback.
            I have no intention of ever watching a series based on one of SciFi's "classic" Originals, even if SG1 wasn't cancelled.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

That article does make me angry at sci-fi. You can see by the lack of promotion done for SG-1 that sci-fi never intended to have a season 11. Sci-fi wanted the honor of having the longest running sci-fi series in US history and then they kicked SG-1 to the curb liked a red-headed stepchild and made sure no one else can claim that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta
                But I like Eureka. Don't shoot me, but it's a fun little show. Otherwise, SciFi had nothing to offer except the stargates, and the occasional bad schlocky horror flick if an SG actor is in it. ECW is dreadful beyond belief (yes I watched one one in the really stupid attempt to catch an SG 200 ad; didn't see it though).

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  But I like Eureka. Don't shoot me, but it's a fun little show. Otherwise, SciFi had nothing to offer except the stargates, and the occasional bad schlocky horror flick if an SG actor is in it. ECW is dreadful beyond belief (yes I watched one one in the really stupid attempt to catch an SG 200 ad; didn't see it though).

Sorry Eureka is too dumb for me

Comment

This is the worst news.

Comment

I was referring to the 2 new shows they cancelled SG1 for, although i'd say boycott anything but Eureka and BSG, as they're the only decent shows after SG.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        Its the "new" shows that SciFi developed specifically to replace SG1 - like "Painkiller Jane" (which is based on one of their SciFi Saturday night "originals". Do they really think this show is gonna make it?

BSG and Eureka are the only other shows worth anything. I also love "Dead Like Me", that SciFi is showing - but I've ordered the DVD's so I don't need to watch it on Skiffy anymore.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
                          I feel compelled to repost something that I have said on this board already but with the current mood on the board I thought I would help some get some perspective on the situation. I was as upset as many at first when I heard the news...esp since this show has been a big part of my life since I was 14....ten years ago!

Posted yesterday afternoon.

After taking some much needed time away from this thread I have had some time to really think about this whole situation. Here is what I have come up with:

I am pissed about the way in which SciFI is handling the situation, and I feel that Sg-1 must end respectfully...which means all story lines are ended. In saying this I believe we should all push for a return for the show on another network for one more season. However, I would like to see other options presented such as a mini series or a movie to end the story lines.

I feel the cross over idea is a horrible idea. Atlantis is its own show, and its wrong to mess with the characters that are on the show. Guest stars are one thing, but full time cast members is completely different and disrespectful.

Those who are glad to see the show end have a point that it should eventually come to an end, but RESPECT is essential for the fans to begin to accept this new reality.....something I have had to explain to individuals on this blog.

TV will suffer from this, and I will watch even less, a good thing....I will be watching a lot less of scifi, because I am currently boycotting the channel unless the Gates or BSG is on. ...I believe the Scifi channel is going in the wrong direction. For **** sake I saw an NBC preview on last night.....what the hell, oh and do not get me started on ECW.

Lastly, I will always have the memories of the show, and all of its greatness in all 10 seasons....yes some eps are better then others, but they all were apart of the show I love so much. I like most of the story arcs and I liked the new characters as well as the old. Stargate has been a big part of my life since I was 14 and it will continue to for a long time to come. I am so sad to see it go....hopefully it will find a way to continue on, but if not I am happy with the fight we as the fans have put up to keep our show on the air. All I ask for is RESPECT for the show's ending....whenever that ends up happening.

However, untill its officially over I will be putting up one hell of a fight.
                          _______________________________________________________________
                          I beg those that are writing letters to be respectful, boycott if you will, but not the gates, and please remember that Cooper and company plan to continue the show in some way, so we are not out yet. Further, we have had 10 good years, which means we have more years then most television shows. I say lets see what happens before we get up in arms about anything. We will most likely get a mini series, or a movie so I am excited to see how they will end this show. Stargate will go on all!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!

It's my thought pattern exactly about all this. Personally I doubt I'll even watch BSG, but Sci-Fi is becoming a very big "swear word" in my household amongst my dad and I (also a fan) and outside of my house among friends and other family as of late with this latest development. While I may thank Sci-Fi for the five extra seasons, I am angered that they would just do this especially in the manner of which they did it, it's dishonorable. It's better to let the TPTB decide to end the series themselves rather than for the network to and I stick with this statement. I accepted the fact SG-1 had to come to an end, but I've been watching the SG-1 since '97. I got Showtime for it and was tickled with the fact it was moving to Sci-Fi as it would be more readily available, but now that I see Sci-Fi, once the savior, has SCREWED anyone's chances from getting it and finishing. I just hope if the 11th season is out of the question give SG-1 the proper end and the respect it deserves. However, if they don't give it a proper end like it deserves then I will really think and feel more so than I do now that the Sci-Fi channel is worse than any villain ever introduced on SG-1 now.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am shocked at the news, especially since I thought SG-1 had been renewed for an eleventh season.

Personally, I think SCI-FI Channel has lost it's way. They're now appealing to the lowest common denominator - mindless shows loosely classed as "sci-fi".

I was angry when they axed "Farscape", now I'm absolutely enraged at this news.

Obviously, SCI-FI has lost all meaning of decent science fiction - and I refuse to watch another show on their channel (apart from Atlantis, of course).

Having said that, ten/eleven years is one hell of a long time to spend on a project, so if the cast and/or crew want to stop; then I could accept it. I definintly can't imagine me doing the same thing for ten years!

I am really livid with SCI-FI now, it's just stupid to cancel a show just because of a slight dip in ratings. Give it a chance, for Pete's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Davies
                              Personally, I think SCI-FI Channel has lost it's way. They're now appealing to the lowest common denominator - mindless shows loosely classed as "sci-fi".
                              Well they're not even showing sci-fi anymore... check out the new name they have for their channel:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33999

Comment

I think Sci-Fi/Surge/LAME tv has become a joke! Cancelling the show that bought them stardom and then leaving the "nerd" demo for the "extremly lame" demo, its a joke! Thats the only way I can put this politely!

"General Hammond, Sir, request permission to beat the crap outta this man!"
                                -Jack O'neill

Comment

Working...
                                X