This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    Sci Fi is going to pay, dearly. The SaveSG1 Campaign starts here my friends, we're gonna show Sci Fi and all other channels what they're missing if they cancel SG1 for good.

**** THE SCI FI CHANNEL!!!!
    Why do we have to pay to sign the petition?

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
      It's not just the cancellation, but WHEN they cancelled it. I would have been fine after a season 8 cancellation. They wrapped up the goauld and replicator stuff. Maybe a season 9 cancellation, instead of bringing the ori, maybe a crossover with atlantis for much of the season. Maybe just deal with the aftermath of the goauld and do some more exploring old school style.

Season 10, after writing for a "series and season" finale for about the last 5 seasons, they finally wrote a season (season 10) with a view to completing the story next season.

And it gets cancelled.

It's 2 season too late to enable a good ending, and at least 2 seasons too early to conclude the ori story arc.

From what I've read, they will have about 3-4 episodes left to conclude the ori story arc and conclude the series AND introduce\show anything being given to atlantis from SG1, from what they have written and\or filmed already (I belive they have 3 episodes left to write, and 7 left to film).

And to top it off, there are 4 episodes to air, then another 6 month break, before they show the final 10 or so episodes.

It just gives you even more reason to hate SciFi.

Comment

Look, Bad things and good things happen all the time. We really gain nothing by insulting Scifi and all that.

It lasted ten years, we should be thankful of that, and that we will be able to see the rest of this season (and perhaps even more).

Instead of doing some foolish boycott or such a thing, the best thing you could do to help the Show is watch it, watch both of them.

Otherwise You'll just be dooming it further and you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

So enjoy the shows, both of them.

Comment

Some say Spike might have interest, regardless let's send in our support with letters, tissue boxes, bottles.... www.savestargate.com. Whatever they decide, SG1 should stay as long as it can where it is. Another season on scifi could still be a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            Look, Bad things and good things happen all the time. We really gain nothing by insulting Scifi and all that.

It lasted ten years, we should be thankful of that, and that we will be able to see the rest of this season (and perhaps even more).

Instead of doing some foolish boycott or such a thing, the best thing you could do to help the Show is watch it, watch both of them.

Otherwise You'll just be dooming it further and you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

So enjoy the shows, both of them.
            Well we need to make them know that it was a mistake to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
              Why do we have to pay to sign the petition?
              You don't have to. At the top of the page it says "you're signature has been added" it's just asking for donations to keep the site up and running.
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

when i first caught on to the sci-fi channel after sg1 came there from showtime, i thought it was great. Now, they canceled farscape, and now sg1. The gates should both move to a better network, til then, keep watching sg atlantis so sci-fi doesn't f*** that over too.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMongol
                  I say, if they bring SG-1 to another network, then bring Atlantis with them. Pull Sci Fi down with them.
                  I whole-heartedly agree!

Why have the shows on two different channels?

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                    I know it's silly because it's "just a TV show" but I'm about two seconds away from tears.

Ok, one second...

I'm surprised it hit me this hard. It's been a definate possibility for a while now but...it still hurts.
                    I am long past that point. I cannot stop.

Comment

I'm encouraged by Robert Cooper's comments (just found out). Knowing that TPTB would like to continue (and think it can) gives me a lot of hope this will continue.

If Sci-Fi cancelled SG-1 and SGA, I'd likely never watch Sci-fi channel again . However, I think a boycott of SGA makes no sense. It would only hurt SG-1's chances of finding a new home. I love both shows and think it was only natural that a behemoth hit like SG-1 should have a spinoff. I see no reason why either needs to go.

I had a very odd experience after hearing the terrible news earlier. I went to Best Buy to pick up S5, but I couldnt find it. I went to a couple other outlets that typically carry the show and couldnt find any SG! So I got home feeling like SG-1 was disppearing from the globe. An extreme conclusion I realize. That being said, the Cooper news has really brightened things.

I think we can win this fight.

Night all,
                      Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Just had a great idea. Write the sponsors and tell them if SciFi cancels SG-1 you will not buy their products anymore. When the sponsors yell at SciFi and threten to pull their ads SciFi will have to renew the show. Oh and the reason this is big type is to get your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                          Well I'm not surprised. TPTB deserve it after coming up with the disaster that was the 200th ep. It's for the best, before it gets worse. I will no longer miss it. I hardly watched S9 but tried to give S10 a chance, but the last ep was just terrible. They tried too hard to impress fans to save the show and it backfired, even sci-fi was unimpressed.
                          Personally I liked "200". Sure, there were parts that annoyed me a tad (really only the ending, to be honest), but as a whole, I loved the ep!!

That's beside the point...

I really can't believe they are cancelling the show!! Something makes me skeptical that any other channel will air it. 0_o I don't want to think that, but I do. Sure, it gets shown all over the world, but for example, Australia (I believe) is still back somewhere in SG1 Season 9, and hasn't even thought about airing SGA season 2!! Without the American networks airing the show, there's a lot of us who'd either never get to see it, or wouldn't see it for YEARS after it was made. 0_o

Comment

Yes, going -straight- to the sponsors would definitely hurt Sci-fi more.. but only if we get enough people to mail them.

Anyone willing to take up the task of finding ways to get to those advertisers? And WHO they are to start with?

Comment

i'm going to write into local and national news and see if they might do a little coverage to encourage fans over here to do something

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                                Yes, going -straight- to the sponsors would definitely hurt Sci-fi more.. but only if we get enough people to mail them.

Anyone willing to take up the task of finding ways to get to those advertisers? And WHO they are to start with?
                                Well they like it when they make money. When we send the e-mails they will dislike all the money they will lose.

So who wants to watch SciFi on a non Friday to make a list of sponsors??

Comment

Working...
                                X