• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Bauer should actually get injured and be replaced by Shanks
    -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
      Good news for him, but would this rule out a role in a third series...
      I thought that too but I am optimistic I hope he will still do SG-1 DVDs if they go past the first 2. We don't know anything about his role on 24 so let's not assume but I am happy for MS he's an awesome actor I hope the main stream sees it.
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        I thought that too but I am optimistic I hope he will still do SG-1 DVDs if they go past the first 2. We don't know anything about his role on 24 so let's not assume but I am happy for MS he's an awesome actor I hope the main stream sees it.
        I'm sure MS wouldn't turn his back on the Stargate franchise, then again, not sure they will still be able to afford him. It's one thing to star on a minority show like Stargate, but it's a whole different ball game once you hit the big time.
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 co-star Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") has already hit it big following the conclusion of the long-running science fiction series. Shanks has just signed on for a recurring role in FOX's hit drama 24, fan site Michael Shanks Online is reporting.

Precise details about Shanks's character and the episodes in which he will appear will be available in the weeks ahead. Shanks's filming for the show begins this week.

24 is currently in its sixth season on the FOX broadcast network in the U.S., and stars Kiefer Sutherland as Agent Jack Bauer. Visit FOX.com for more on the series.

Got it from the front page and didnt see any thread for it here yet. Thats gonna be awesome! An awesome actor on an even more awesomer show (but not at good as SG-1 will ever be )

Comment

The thing about 24 though is that Jack Bauer is the lead character. The show revolves around him and while the rest of the characters are quite interesting, they appear to be rather disposable. Very few recurring characters seem to last for more than a year -- two at best. The cool part is each story arc lasts for an entire season so if he does have a major role, he could be around for little while. So if he's the new computer geek or CTU agent, then he may have a shot of a returning role next season; however, if he's a baddie, then I doubt we'll see him for more than a few episodes especially if he's filming for the current season. However, Michael appears to want to make the big move to Hollywood and this is definitely a positive move in the right direction.

And as for the comments someone made about Amanda muscling in on Atlantis. The comments were completely off-topic and rather unnecessary. Muscling in would imply that she forced her way onto the show and I seriously doubt that was/is the case. It's a shame some fans can't be civil when discussing the future endeavors of the entire SG-1 cast.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 March 2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
              All the other people who've been on SG-1 and then on 24 have been bad guys. A couple have been major bad guys. I think only one of them didn't get killed off. Of course, they were all just guest actors on SG-1, so who knows.
              Actually that's not entirely true. Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane) aka President Hayes on Stargate wasn't a bad guy and he didn't die on 24 either; although he's not on the show anymore which is almost as good as dead.

I love it when I see Stargate people show up on 24. If only RDA would pop up on 24, now that would be awesome. There were moments in last season where I thought that Jack was channelling MacGyver, with his chewing gum wrapper type escapes from danger.

Comment

Originally posted by 3friesshortofahappymeal View Post
                Actually that's not entirely true. Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane) aka President Hayes on Stargate wasn't a bad guy and he didn't die on 24 either; although he's not on the show anymore which is almost as good as dead.

I love it when I see Stargate people show up on 24. If only RDA would pop up on 24, now that would be awesome. There were moments in last season where I thought that Jack was channelling MacGyver, with his chewing gum wrapper type escapes from danger.
                Thanks, I remembered William Devane while I was driving around after posting. (No wise cracks about my driving, please )

ETA: Curtis too! I had forgotten that he was on SG-1 really early on.

Maybe MS could be the new Curtis or Tony..... Jack needs someone to help him setting up perimeters and shooting people and stuff like that.
                Last edited by Callista; 13 March 2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  And as for the comments someone made about Amanda muscling in on Atlantis. The comments were completely off-topic and rather unnecessary. Muscling in would imply that she forced her way onto the show and I seriously doubt that was/is the case. It's a shame some fans can't be civil when discussing the future endeavors of the entire SG-1 cast.
                  Oh for crying out loud, don't overreact. If you look back at my original post all I meant was it didn't seem like AT was moving on in the same way that MS is. She is making a relatively small sideways step to Atlantis while he is moving his family all the way to LA and scoring a part in a huge mainstream show like 24.

Ok, I did use the words 'muscling in' but I don't think there's anything uncivil about that. And if my few words about AT were off-topic then mea culpa.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Whatever. The comment was unnecessary.

Back on topic - Good for Shanks, getting a recurring role on such a hit show. It's what he's always wanted, so I'm glad he got it.

Comment

pity 24 has gotten kinda crap now. I stopped watching after the 2nd series. And after seeing some promo's for the latest eps - how many nuclear bombs can one man attempt to stop going off?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        pity 24 has gotten kinda crap now. I stopped watching after the 2nd series. And after seeing some promo's for the latest eps - how many nuclear bombs can one man attempt to stop going off?
                        OH...is that the taste of sour grapes? Why, I do believe it is! MS has scored a huge hit with this and nothing anyone can say will take away from that. 24 is a massive main-stream show, with a huge audience, far more than SG1 OR Atlantis. This is a massive step up for MS.

I for, a million or, so am very, very pleased!
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

how many nuclear bombs can one man attempt to stop going off?
                          5 apparently. (That's in one day, I'm sure he could do a lot more if you gave him a week.)

I do find it to be rather a silly show, but I love it anyway! I think it's the most entertaining and fun thing non-cable TV has to offer.

Comment

I went off it mid-way through season 1. Still, felt I had to watch it to the bitter end to find out who-dunnit.
                            I caught myself watching the first ep of S2, and for the first time ever I actually actively thought "Stop watching this, you think it's crap." (PG version). I think the show must have an addictive quality to it.
                            Although, I'm surprised that it has lasted this long. For me it's the sort of idea which only works for a limited period before being silly (see also Lost, and hope not to see also Heroes).
                            Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            OH...is that the taste of sour grapes? Why, I do believe it is! MS has scored a huge hit with this and nothing anyone can say will take away from that. 24 is a massive main-stream show, with a huge audience, far more than SG1 OR Atlantis. This is a massive step up for MS.

I'm sure that same thing was said when he got a role on CSI:Miami...
                            To be honest, I think it might be prudent to wait and see what role he actually has. It could just as well be three episodes of third thug on the left, who grunts two lines over those eps, and then gets his neck broken (heroically) by (a slightly annoyed) Jack Bauer.

Might watch those eps though, just to see if MS is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post

I think this is really good for MS (just like some other SG-1 actors who have been on 24), but you seem to make it into a competition and find the need to slam another actor in the process of being happy for MS. AT is doing well by being a regular on Atlantis and working on Sanctuary (a novel idea in terms of the web). She stayed in Vancouver and probably wants to stay there with her family. Fortunately, she has three jobs at this time so that she can stay in Vancouver instead of having to move.

MS and his family wanted to move to LA, it seems, and it makes sense that he would want to go there for work. It is great that he has a recurring role on 24 (no matter how great or small).

Both AT and MS are doing well. It is not a competition. Fortunately for both, their future work is fitting their family needs and their professional needs.

Now I'm hoping to hear more about CJ and his writing pursuits, as well as what BB and CB will be doing. I think, but I'm not sure, that BB and CB did go to LA, so I hope they get some work there too. They are all really good actors.

Comment

I never seen an episode of 24, so I can't say much. I might check out one or two episodes that MS is in.

Comment

Working...
                                X